Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
30-06-2013, 07:28 PM
RE: Ranting corner
So, a "friend" posted on her fb that she believes it won't be long before "Christians" are rounded up and churches destroyed in the us.

She believes that in her lifetime she will be forced from her home and killed because she insists on being a 'champion for jebus'

I dryly replied that she doesn't know what persecution is. Her group is given more tax protection and federal deference than just about any other organization in America.

She unfriended me. Good riddence I don't need that kind dumbfuck bullshit.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 7 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
30-06-2013, 07:48 PM
(30-06-2013 07:28 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  So, a "friend" posted on her fb that she believes it won't be long before "Christians" are rounded up and churches destroyed in the us.

She believes that in her lifetime she will be forced from her home and killed because she insists on being a 'champion for jebus'

I dryly replied that she doesn't know what persecution is. Her group is given more tax protection and federal deference than just about any other organization in America.

She unfriended me. Good riddence I don't need that kind dumbfuck bullshit.

I Facebook vicariously through the posts on this forum and my wife's page. It's a lot more entertaining and less vexing! Drinking Beverage

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 2 users Like evenheathen's post
30-06-2013, 10:05 PM (This post was last modified: 02-07-2013 02:29 PM by Ferdinand.)
When you're completely aware that your once best friend is being a cheat to her boyfriend regardless of you saying anything to her boyfriend, because even though the sheer fact would hurt him, he'd put up with her unfaithful crap?

I'm sorry, but it makes me so angry to see people do that to people they know love them. Your boyfriend devotes his time, his money, his life to you, and you're so sexually selfish and self indulged, you keep doing it anyway. AND you go to the extent of cybering grown men 20-30 years older than you?

Like, excuse me? What am I not seeing here? I'm sorry, pardon me, maybe I'm not catching on to the trend.
30-06-2013, 10:25 PM
Going into work and having a relief staff try to tell me how to do my job. I'm hot, sore, cranky, and am covered in bug bites (even on my eyelids) and I'm here on my day off helping.......dude....bad day to pull that shit. He'll remember next time.
30-06-2013, 10:30 PM
(30-06-2013 10:25 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  Going into work and having a relief staff try to tell me how to do my job. I'm hot, sore, cranky, and am covered in bug bites (even on my eyelids) and I'm here on my day off helping.......dude....bad day to pull that shit. He'll remember next time.

Hug

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

01-07-2013, 02:06 AM
(30-06-2013 10:25 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  Going into work and having a relief staff try to tell me how to do my job. I'm hot, sore, cranky, and am covered in bug bites (even on my eyelids) and I'm here on my day off helping.......dude....bad day to pull that shit. He'll remember next time.

I do hope you put 'em in their place.

Which is preferably an infirmary.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
01-07-2013, 04:34 AM
Everytime I need to use the bathroom someone is having a fucking shower...
Every god damn time.
You wouldn't think it statistically possible, yet it is.

Get the fuck out the shower bitch! I need to tinkle! Angry

[Image: oscar.png]
01-07-2013, 06:48 AM
(30-06-2013 09:18 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(30-06-2013 07:22 AM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  Its snug and applies constant pressure and it somehow calms the anxiety. Maybe feels like the pack is piled on ? I'm not really sure. My Labrador is okay as long as he cant see the flash and can be near us. The few i know are some that work with rescues and seem to be quite knowledgeable about dogs in other regards (medical, diets, behavior, etc)

Let's chip in and get one for Full Circle. Thumbsup

Dodgy

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
01-07-2013, 07:13 AM
Today my Scientific Studies teacher showed us some images of some fascinating rock formations in Pamukkale, Turkey. These formations are cotton white Travertine pools, ridges and, most amazingly, there was an image of a supposedly natural pool in the form of a square; thing had naturally occurring walls, flat straight-standing up to the sky walls on two sides containing the water, forming a pool. There were many such pools, most of which, by the pictures were in terrace-like formations. My teacher, the apparent bastion of knowledge that he is, admitted that he had no idea how the walls and terraces formed. I took up the mantel to try and figure out how.

But of course, the Tourism industry got in the way: Every time I search up these pools and google the question of their formation, I find nothing but fucking Tourism sites... And a study based on isotopes... And now of the sites I have thus looked at have said nothing but "It's a natural formation, it's white due to calcium depositing and it's pretty.", with one exception being "The scientific explanation is the hot thermalplaces that lie under the mount provokethe calcium carbonate spill, that makesthe forms as solid as Travertino marble." spelling errors aside, nothing I find seems to explain the sheer wall formations themselves, which perplex my teach and myself...

Investigation is hard!! Censored

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
01-07-2013, 07:14 AM
(30-06-2013 12:52 PM)Dom Wrote:  My little 15 year old Maltese (hubby's dog) also goes nuts at thunder - but he's not scared, he wants to get that damn thunder. He looks up at the sky and barks like crazy at it, and jumps as high as he can trying to bite it. It's hilarious! He also hates motorcycles, so maybe he thinks that's a big motorcycle in the sky.

My male Cav, Chopper, also barks at thunder and motorcycles...if he starts barking then Karma does too though I don't think she even knows what she's barking about because she keeps looking at him and stops when he does.

Between Lady pacing and panting and the other two barking...the 4th is mighty damn festive around here.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF