Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
08-07-2013, 08:38 AM
RE: Ranting corner
(08-07-2013 05:27 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(08-07-2013 04:58 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  So umm, todays trip into town was interesting.
Not only did I miss the bus into town by a matter of seconds!! (several minutes actually but w/e) but when I came back I forgot how packed the bus is at 4pm and so I got on and all the double seats were taken, so I had to either a) sit next to someone or b) sit in the backwards facing seats, so I choose B because I had my bag filled with groceries. So anyway, there's a pole in the god damn way, some fat fuck on the opposite seat and the bus takes off (so it's hard to stand), so I'm trying to take my bag off my shoulders, put my bus card in my pocket, hold onto my chinese take out, get around this pole and past this fat fuck... So after a rather undignified composition of movements I was able to finally take my seat. Anyway, that wasn't the issue. This other lady in the seat behind the seat opposite my seat (facing forward to my backward facing seat) is staring at me, probably because I'm sweating like a pig (I sweat when I get nervous and I get really nervous when I'm put in social situations such as riding a packed bus, so after the taking my seat awkwardly ordeal it was safe to say I was nervous...), which made me more nervous.. vicious cycle... ANYWAY, I'm getting more nervous as fuck because I know that I have to get off this bus in a moment... so the whole trip is basically one big clusterfuck. AND THEN, I get to my stop... The bus stops as I'm getting up, it jerks backwards and I almost fall into this fat fucks lap.. I grab my bag and holding my bus card and chinese take out in my hand and hanging onto the pole with the other I do that swinging motion with the bag to get it onto my shoulder, only my chinese take out is in a thin plastic bag and the straps break and it goes flying across the bus and I don't even manage to get my damn bag onto my shoulder! sweating like a pig at this point, my loose pants slipping down (luckily I wear shorts underneath but still), luckily my chinese doesn't spill and someone hands it to me, so I rush to the front of the bus, everyone looking at me, chinese in hand, bag half on my shoulder smacking everyone in the back of the head in the row as I make my way up to the front of the bus, pants falling down, I then fumble with my god damn bus card and drop the fucking thing!! luckily the gentlemen sitting by the door could reach down and pick it up, so I manage to swipe my card and then finally get the fuck off the bus!!
And you people wonder why I hate the fucking bus!!! Angry

I had a bus experience on Saturday.

First, let it be said that I rarely take buses. I mean, I have only taken two buses in the last, probably seven years, if not over. On this particular Saturday, I was forced to take the bus to get home. Also let it be known that it was pouring rain all that day.

Basically, coming home from one of my rare expeditions to the world outside my room, my sister (who had accompanied me) and I caught a bus. That bus must have been cursed or something; it was nothing but bad luck for me. When the bus pulled up (after being ten minutes late!), I stumbled onto the bus. and attempted to put my ticket into the machine just past the entrance; it wouldn't work. Had my ticket both backwards and upside-down. The bus had already begun it's journey; causing me to almost brain myself on one of the poles, rookie asshole driver.. After a kindly young mother, and my sister aided me in actually getting my ticket working, I staggered up the bus, slipping, sliding and almost falling onto the aforementioned mother's baby stroller (again, arse-hole bus driver.) as well as almost braining myself on a couple other poles on my way, completely shamefaced by the machine and embarrassed by it and my inability to walk. To the security camera, I must have looked extremely like a drunkard.
This entire episode was accompanied by an aboriginal man who looked remarkably like a hobo, shouting at me the entire time in incomprehensible English from the front of the bus. He was quite a jovial soul, judging by his laughter and tone.

Fuck buses! Fuck Public Transport!

I'm fucking walking everywhere I need to go!

Yea... I win. Big Grin

Also, I'm re-watching the Matrix and you know what just occurred to me? Mass Effect (the video game) is a total knock off of the Matrix!! Like full on knock off.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-07-2013, 08:42 AM
I hate public transit, one of the reasons I like Philly over NY. In Philly you can actually drive and park, in NY you are a slave to mass transit or taxi fare.

...If I lived in the city now though I would buy a little 250cc motocycle and rip around on that, easy to park, you can get one used for < 1,500 bucks, uses almost no gas, handles like a bicycle...

08-07-2013, 08:56 AM
(08-07-2013 08:38 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Also, I'm re-watching the Matrix and you know what just occurred to me? Mass Effect (the video game) is a total knock off of the Matrix!! Like full on knock off.

You're stupid. Big Grin

I tried to re-watch The Matrix last month, it was horrible. Can't believe I ever liked that movie.

living word
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-07-2013, 09:17 AM
(08-07-2013 08:56 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(08-07-2013 08:38 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Also, I'm re-watching the Matrix and you know what just occurred to me? Mass Effect (the video game) is a total knock off of the Matrix!! Like full on knock off.

You're stupid. Big Grin

I tried to re-watch The Matrix last month, it was horrible. Can't believe I ever liked that movie.

eh, I was bored.
It's not that bad. I mean I can't help pick out the obvious impossibilities (yes I know they're in the "Matrix" but still) and stupidity, but eh.
08-07-2013, 09:19 AM
Also, that awkward moment when you look at the time and you think it's only like 10pm but it turns out to be 3am... Angry
08-07-2013, 09:46 AM
Oh the struggles.
One one hand we have what I wanna do in life, but on the other I have what I wanna do in life but on the third hand growing out of nowhere we have what I wanna do in life...

Too much to do, not enough time to do it. Unless the second thing happens, then multiple hands can happen. This suddenly sounded disgusting... Hmmm Consider why does shit always sound better in my head?
08-07-2013, 10:44 AM
Wait! I got it! I think I have figured it out!

Nah, nevermind.
Carry on.
08-07-2013, 10:45 AM
Hey Muffs?
08-07-2013, 10:46 AM
Yes Muffs?
08-07-2013, 10:46 AM
Why are you posting at quarter to 5 in the morning, shouldn't you be sleeping?