Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
14-07-2013, 08:43 AM
RE: Ranting corner
(14-07-2013 08:37 AM)Anjele Wrote:  After weeks of trying to get the pool right and failing thanks to the extreme heat and my lack of ability to scrub it like I once could, I called and hired a company to come and maintain it. First visit is to be tomorrow. So the temperature drops by 20+ degrees and it's supposed to rain (thunderstorm) all week...ggggrrrrrrr!

Yabut, now you will have your own pool boy.... Angel

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Bows and Arrows's post
14-07-2013, 08:57 AM
1) It's hailing.

2) You wanna know the best thing about paying a fixed amount each week for power as opposed to having to split the bill?
When you want a sausage (the food.. Dodgy ) but can't be fucked pan frying it, you can chuck it in the oven and use the whole oven to bake two fucking sausages.

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
14-07-2013, 09:15 AM
Why the fuck did nobody tell me baking sausages was a shit load easier then pan frying the bastards?!!??
I'm never gonna pan fry another sausage again in my life!

14-07-2013, 11:50 AM
Why is it that every day I plan to make a trip into town to buy food it pisses down with rain or hails or the wind is like a million km/ph?

God damn stupid bus. You just can't take a trolley's worth of groceries on the bus. Mind you you can't do it with a motorbike either, but at least I can go to the store whenever the fuck I want with my motorbike and aren't limited to once a week, week days, 3-6.

14-07-2013, 12:07 PM
(14-07-2013 09:15 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Why the fuck did nobody tell me baking sausages was a shit load easier then pan frying the bastards?!!??
I'm never gonna pan fry another sausage again in my life!

I have a friend that does it and swears by it. I never have, actually haven't given it much thought until you mentioned it.

Share the method??

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

14-07-2013, 12:13 PM
Take sausages.
Put sausages in oven tray.
Put tray with sausages in oven.
Put oven on bake, turn to 200 degrees C (400F).
Forget.
Turn over in 15 minutes and let bake for another 15minutes.

Time varies according to how cooked you like your sausages and if you bother to preheat the oven or not (which I never do).

pro tip: (because doing it once suddenly makes me a pro), chuck a bit of tin foil over the tray and you wont even have to clean up the tray.

14-07-2013, 12:20 PM
I'll give it a try. I roast shrimp all the time. My family likes it better than pan cooking or boiling them.

I've baked bacon even too...

But I've never thought of doing sausages. Thanks for the idea.

14-07-2013, 12:30 PM
Mmm shrimp. Now there's a food I HATED growing up but now I could eat a ton of the buggers. Ohh I really feel like shrimp right now.
Thanks a lot Mom Angry
Consider when I get my weekly Chinese take out I wonder if I should get the honey shrimp instead of the honey chicken?
Ehh, I've gotten the honey chicken every Monday at 3:30 for ages now, too late to be making such huge changes now.

Oh well. I'll just have to wait to September when my sister has the baby, hopefully both families will go out to dinner to celebrate and I can order the shrimp then. Consider Yes, solid plan muffs, once again you show intelligence and problem solving beyond your years.

No problem. Oh, and you don't need fat or oil.

[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
14-07-2013, 12:51 PM
I can't eat shrimp at all (allergic to fish/shell fish).

But my family enjoys it.

14-07-2013, 03:39 PM
I don't often eat sausage (excluding summer hot dogs), but when I do I prefer it with sauerkraut. When I lived in Hampton though there was a nice family run German restaurant I'd try to hit up once a month or so. Big delicious sausages with German potato salad, yumm! Anyhow, I can't imagine baking sausage with sauerkraut , blech, but when I don't take it with sauerkraut I grill it. Got a nice Polska Sausage in the freezer I've been meaning to cook for ages. If it will ever stop raining I think I'll cook it up.

[+] 1 user Likes Dark Light's post