Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
15-07-2013, 05:02 AM
RE: Ranting corner
(14-07-2013 12:13 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Take sausages.
Put sausages in oven tray.
Put tray with sausages in oven.
Put oven on bake, turn to 200 degrees C (400F).
Forget.
Turn over in 15 minutes and let bake for another 15minutes.

Time varies according to how cooked you like your sausages and if you bother to preheat the oven or not (which I never do).

pro tip: (because doing it once suddenly makes me a pro), chuck a bit of tin foil over the tray and you wont even have to clean up the tray.

Nuke them fuckers in a glass bowl covered with plastic wrap. Six minutes. Thumbsup

living word
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-07-2013, 05:50 AM
This is going to be a pain.

Every video which is embedded into posts plays automatically. I don't want them to play.
Why are they playing when the only thing I have changed is my location and (now extremely limited and care-warranting) internet source?

I don't like it! Angry

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
Find all posts by this user
15-07-2013, 07:27 AM
(15-07-2013 05:50 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  This is going to be a pain.

Every video which is embedded into posts plays automatically. I don't want them to play.
Why are they playing when the only thing I have changed is my location and (now extremely limited and care-warranting) internet source?

I don't like it! Angry

I suspect it's a browser setting. They don't autoplay for me. Firefox on Win7 Pro.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
15-07-2013, 07:49 AM
(15-07-2013 07:27 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(15-07-2013 05:50 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  This is going to be a pain.

I don't like it! Angry

I suspect it's a browser setting. They don't autoplay for me. Firefox on Win7 Pro.

Well, I'm still using Chrome, like I was before, and haven't changed the settings.

Unless something changed automatically...

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
15-07-2013, 08:42 AM (This post was last modified: 15-07-2013 08:47 AM by Hobbitgirl.)
A new LOTR fan joins the forums....and hes an evil book masher *sigh*
15-07-2013, 09:21 AM
(15-07-2013 05:02 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(14-07-2013 12:13 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Take sausages.
Put sausages in oven tray.
Put tray with sausages in oven.
Put oven on bake, turn to 200 degrees C (400F).
Forget.
Turn over in 15 minutes and let bake for another 15minutes.

Time varies according to how cooked you like your sausages and if you bother to preheat the oven or not (which I never do).

pro tip: (because doing it once suddenly makes me a pro), chuck a bit of tin foil over the tray and you wont even have to clean up the tray.

Nuke them fuckers in a glass bowl covered with plastic wrap. Six minutes. Thumbsup

Consider

I had something I was gonna rant about but I forgot what it was so.. Angry at whatever it was.
15-07-2013, 09:30 AM
Geez, sometimes it is actually scary how dumb people can be. I work for a heating and air company, one of the things that I do is decipher the technicians' notes so that I can send those notes to the customer along with their bill. A lot of times I don't even really "listen" to what's in the notes since so many things are routine. When something does catch my attention then I dig further to see if more needs to be done.

Anyway...

Fairly decent, sit-down restaurant is a customer of ours and they call last week for service in the midst of a run of outdoor temps between mid 90s and up to about 105 or so. Complaint - the whole facility is warm. Okay, off we go to get the diners cooled off. Here is the start of the notes: Found back kitchen door open. Employee states that door has been open pretty much all day....at this point I would like to be able to say DUH! Now why would it be warm inside? Dodgy

It gets better - the door was open most of the day because of a sewer backup and the odor that caused. Hobo

Note to self - this restaurant is not high on my list of places to try out. No

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
15-07-2013, 09:48 AM
(15-07-2013 08:42 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  A new LOTR fan joins the forums....and hes an evil book masher *sigh*

Who?
And what's a book masher?Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
15-07-2013, 10:58 AM
Hey Muffs?
15-07-2013, 10:59 AM
Yes Muffs?