15-07-2013, 11:16 AM
RE: Ranting corner
Fine, gezz, I'm going, I'm going, you don't need to yell... Dodgy
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-07-2013, 11:19 AM
(15-07-2013 11:10 AM)Dark Light Wrote:  
(15-07-2013 05:50 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  This is going to be a pain.

Every video which is embedded into posts plays automatically. I don't want them to play.
Why are they playing when the only thing I have changed is my location and (now extremely limited and care-warranting) internet source?

I don't like it! Angry

If it is something that recently starting happening then it stands to reason that something recently changed. If you have not intentionally changed any settings on Chrome, did you change any settings elsewhere recently? Have you added any plugins, or updated any plugins? Have you updated Chrome recently? Do you have programs update set to update automatically, or are you set up to be notified when updates are available (it is a good idea to use this setting, especially if your bandwidth is limited). If you haven't done so yet address this issue on the Forum Issues and Suggestions section (or whatever it's called).

As far as I am aware, nothing has been updated, and no extensions added. Same old Chrome as I always use.

As a side-note: Am I the only one thinking that Muffs is lucking out with the fact that the Administration is relatively lenient with spamming in threads?

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
15-07-2013, 11:26 AM
(15-07-2013 11:19 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  As far as I am aware, nothing has been updated, and no extensions added. Same old Chrome as I always use.

As a side-note: Am I the only one thinking that Muffs is lucking out with the fact that the Administration is relatively lenient with spamming in threads?

To answer you question, yes.

Also, if somethings changed, then something has caused the change. Since your initial reaction is nothing has changed then probably very little has changed, which makes it easier to trace. Their are fewer suspects. I'm assuming no hardware has changed, because that would be something very obvious. Look at any and all software that could have an effect of browser settings, and video settings. If hey are set up to update automatically look at any software pushes via their respective websites. Which ever update happened that would have happened shortly before the problem appeared would be the biggest suspects.

Have you recently supplemented or changed drivers or driver settings?

15-07-2013, 06:43 PM
(15-07-2013 09:48 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(15-07-2013 08:42 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  A new LOTR fan joins the forums....and hes an evil book masher *sigh*

Who?
And what's a book masher?Consider

I don't know. It was early.
15-07-2013, 08:09 PM
I am still very conflicted about what kind of implant to get in my left eye. I have a lens in my right eye that makes me farsighted, but unable to focus on objects near me with that eye. Right eye (which still has its natural lens) is naturally nearsighted.

I think I have fully adjusted to monovision already. I already prefer to not wear glasses, even for watching tv (considering that my right eye can't focus that far away). For most patients requesting monovision, they make them wear special contacts to try it out for a while. I'm already trying it out.

The idea of being permanently farsighted in both eyes, and fucking blind as a bat without glasses hits me like a kick in the stomach. It fucking terrifies me. While I'm not 100% sure I would like monovision yet, I am leaning that way. I had some doubs yesterday, but today I am not noticing a transition. For a while I would have to concentrate on looking at things with one eye or the other, but I think my brain is now adjusting and it sounds so much better.

And I have now learned that glasses exist specifically to allow monovision patients to be able to drive (and to pass the driving vision tests). This would involve a clear lens on the right and a Rx lens (to correct nearsightedness) in the left. I am not sure if there would still be driving restrictions or not, but it sounds so much better to me, considering I spend 99.9% of my awake time looking at shit that's close to my face, and it would make me not dependent on glasses to do so.

I don't give a fuck about having to wear glasses or not, it's the idea of relying on them to see things closeup. I don't know if I could handle that. It's sort of a large decision, so it's been weighing heavily on my mind lately. I had my right eye surgery 5 days ago, and my left eye is scheduled for the 30th. I see my optometrist this Thursday though, so I am trying to figure out the things I want to discuss with him.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
16-07-2013, 03:30 AM
DAMN IT!
I remembered what I was gonna rant about from the other day when I forgot.
But I forgot again. Dodgy

This is really pissing me off now. Angry
16-07-2013, 10:21 AM
Now, I may be going out on a limb here but I am to has a guess that when your piss is literally black, that that is not a good sign?
16-07-2013, 10:23 AM
(16-07-2013 10:21 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Now, I may be going out on a limb here but I am to has a guess that when your piss is literally black, that that is not a good sign?

It's probably because you ate too many acid drops.

... this is my signature!
16-07-2013, 10:24 AM
Consider
16-07-2013, 10:25 AM
(16-07-2013 10:24 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Consider

You did just order about a bathtub full of candy, right?

... this is my signature!