Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
25-07-2013, 10:40 AM
RE: Ranting corner
(25-07-2013 09:56 AM)cjlr Wrote:  ... really? I wouldn't say Spain's got them beat, but...

The United States has implement less restrictive austerity measures than many European countries.

(25-07-2013 09:56 AM)cjlr Wrote:  Right. That's his (or her Rolleyes ) official function. There is a lot of ceremonial role besides. And you know as well as I do that they're expected and/or perceived to have a much greater role in domestic policy than is actually mandated.

Like what? The inaugural address? The presidential election? People perceive that as choosing the ultimate authority when it comes to passing laws and appointing practical positions in the government, which is a pretty big fucking deal. Would I like the media to portray more of the lunacy in congress? Yes. Do I think the president is solely a figurehead? Definitely not.

Occasional TTA returner then leaverer.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-07-2013, 01:52 PM
I really hope the new baby ends up being gay, just to throw a spanner in the works. Destruction is fun to watch.

25-07-2013, 02:27 PM
To the elderly lady who entered the freeway.
1. Enter the freeway at freeway speed
2. Learn how to fucking merge.
3. You are never the only person on the road so looking straight ahead just isn't enough.

If you can't follow these simple rules...stay off the road!

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 3 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
25-07-2013, 02:37 PM
(25-07-2013 02:27 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  To the elderly lady who entered the freeway.
3. You are never the only person on the road so looking straight ahead just isn't enough.

Had to pick up my wife at the airport last night.

Watched and elderly driver blow 2 1/2 red lights. The only reason he stopped in the middle of the intersection on the 3rd light was because there was a crosswalk from which a very upset young man had to jump out of the way of their car.

The driver made up for it by doing 15 MPH and the stopping repeatedly on a hilly busy roard where people drive at 60 MPHDodgy

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
25-07-2013, 02:44 PM
(25-07-2013 02:37 PM)KidCharlemagne1962 Wrote:  
(25-07-2013 02:27 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  To the elderly lady who entered the freeway.

Had to pick up my wife at the airport last night.

Watched and elderly driver blow 2 1/2 red lights. The only reason he stopped in the middle of the intersection on the 3rd light was because there was a crosswalk from which a very upset young man had to jump out of the way of their car.

The driver made up for it by doing 15 MPH and the stopping repeatedly on a hilly busy roard where people drive at 60 MPHDodgy

Its maddening! I know and deeply sympathize with not wanting to lose freedom...and I also understsnd that children of elder drivers don't want the additional burden of driving them around....

But some people just shouldn't have access to a fucking car.

The woman in my case, entered the freeway doing about 35mph! She just cut into my lane, where I'm doing about 60. Then she goes about 45. Had I not been able to swiftly change lanes -- I would have hit her.

What totally pisses me off...I would have likely been blamed (since most times when you rear end someone it's your fault).

I'm just glad I'm home and safe.

25-07-2013, 02:48 PM
(25-07-2013 02:44 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(25-07-2013 02:37 PM)KidCharlemagne1962 Wrote:  Had to pick up my wife at the airport last night.

Its maddening! I know and deeply sympathize with not wanting to lose freedom...and I also understsnd that children of elder drivers don't want the additional burden of driving them around....

The woman in my case, entered the freeway doing about 35mph! She just cut into my lane, where I'm doing about 60. Then she goes about 45. Had I not been able to swiftly change lanes -- I would have hit her.

What totally pisses me off...I would have likely been blamed (since most times when you rear end someone it's your fault).

Glad you're home safe!

You're right, some people should never have access to a car. I understand the loss of mobility and the burden on those around them but we have a right not to be killed by them.

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
25-07-2013, 02:48 PM

[+] 1 user Likes ridethespiral's post
25-07-2013, 02:53 PM
(25-07-2013 02:44 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(25-07-2013 02:37 PM)KidCharlemagne1962 Wrote:  Had to pick up my wife at the airport last night.

I don't know about where you are but in Maryland the laws state that if you change lanes and cause an accident because of a car that was already established in the lane you are at fault. Doesn't matter whether they were in front of you to the side or behind. If you were doing the speed limit and someone jumped into your lane causing an accident you would not be found at fault.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
25-07-2013, 02:57 PM
(25-07-2013 01:52 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  I really hope the new baby ends up being gay, just to throw a spanner in the works. Destruction is fun to watch.

It'd hardly be the first time an heir had no issue.

And it's not like that'll necessarily preclude biological offspring, say, thirty years from now...

... this is my signature!
25-07-2013, 03:40 PM
(25-07-2013 02:53 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(25-07-2013 02:44 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Its maddening! I know and deeply sympathize with not wanting to lose freedom...and I also understsnd that children of elder drivers don't want the additional burden of driving them around....

I don't know about where you are but in Maryland the laws state that if you change lanes and cause an accident because of a car that was already established in the lane you are at fault. Doesn't matter whether they were in front of you to the side or behind. If you were doing the speed limit and someone jumped into your lane causing an accident you would not be found at fault.

I'm moving to Maryland!!