Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
27-07-2013, 08:44 AM
RE: Ranting corner
(27-07-2013 08:11 AM)cjlr Wrote:  
(27-07-2013 08:04 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  first permanent settlement in the continental US...

Is that not St Augustine, FL?

First English settlement, yes...
Big Grin

Ok ya got me. First permanent English settlement.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-07-2013, 11:31 AM (This post was last modified: 01-08-2013 11:12 PM by Hughsie.)
You know, if I was that fat I had to use a mobility scooter to go to the supermarket I wouldn't buy 12 pies, 2 big bags of sweets, 2 packets of crisps, and 9 chocolate bars when I got there.

News flash lady, buying a couple of packs of strawberries as well really won't undo that damage. Maybe next time buy less shit and more salad. Thumbsup

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
[+] 2 users Like Hughsie's post
27-07-2013, 01:12 PM
The savage Injuns settled here many thousands of years ago.

As far as we know the savage Vikings were next, landing in Newfoundland around 1,000 CE.

The savage English just got here a few hundred years ago. Big Grin

27-07-2013, 01:17 PM
Bah 6 flags. Stand in like for 5 hours in the sweltering heat, pay $9 for a bottle of water and ride two roller coasters if you are lucky. Only time it's any good is if it is raining and nobody is left in the park.

27-07-2013, 01:18 PM
(27-07-2013 11:31 AM)Hughsie Wrote:  You know, if I was that fat I had to use a mobility scooter to go to the supermarket I wouldn't buy 12 pies, 2 big bags of sweets, 2 packets of crisps, and 9 chocolate bars when I got there.

News flash lady, buying a couple of packs of strawberries as well really won't undo that damage. Maybe next time but less shit and more salad. Thumbsup

Are you visiting the US? Big Grin

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

27-07-2013, 01:31 PM
(27-07-2013 01:12 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  The savage Injuns settled here many thousands of years ago.

As far as we know the savage Vikings were next, landing in Newfoundland around 1,000 CE.

Then the Scots arrived and got it all working. Big Grin

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
27-07-2013, 01:40 PM
(27-07-2013 01:18 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(27-07-2013 11:31 AM)Hughsie Wrote:  You know, if I was that fat I had to use a mobility scooter to go to the supermarket I wouldn't buy 12 pies, 2 big bags of sweets, 2 packets of crisps, and 9 chocolate bars when I got there.

News flash lady, buying a couple of packs of strawberries as well really won't undo that damage. Maybe next time but less shit and more salad. Thumbsup

Are you visiting the US? Big Grin

Just want to point out that her whole cart full of twinkies, hohos, corn chips and the continued use of her medicaid scooter is probably cheaper than said salad.

27-07-2013, 01:49 PM
(27-07-2013 01:31 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(27-07-2013 01:12 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  The savage Injuns settled here many thousands of years ago.

Then the Scots arrived and got it all working. Big Grin

Ummm hmmm. Where would we be without plaid skirts for men, log throwing, and annoying noises coming out of a sheep bladder? Smartass

27-07-2013, 01:53 PM
(27-07-2013 01:49 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  
(27-07-2013 01:31 PM)Chas Wrote:  Then the Scots arrived and got it all working. Big Grin

Ummm hmmm. Where would we be without plaid skirts for men, log throwing, and annoying noises coming out of a sheep bladder? Smartass

Where, indeed? Thumbsup

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
27-07-2013, 02:20 PM
(27-07-2013 01:40 PM)ridethespiral Wrote:  
(27-07-2013 01:18 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Are you visiting the US? Big Grin

Just want to point out that her whole cart full of twinkies, hohos, corn chips and the continued use of her medicaid scooter is probably cheaper than said salad.

True and unbelievably sad. I see it here all the time, it used to be they were for the elderly.

I try not to make judgements...I really do. But when I go to the store and see boxes (big family sized) of Kraft Mac and Cheese on sale for a buck and veggies are quadruple the price. I see why.

I have a good friend, who's fallen on really hard times -- she had to apply for food stamps. She's used to eating healthy -- she said what she recieved for a whole month would really last a couple of weeks if she bought only healthy foods. Thank goodness she said dried beans are super cheap.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces