Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
27-07-2013, 02:49 PM
RE: Ranting corner
Also, just because someone is overweight doesn't mean they aren't sick and don't need a scooter (also doesn't mean their health problems are from being fat, there are illnesses and medications that cause weight gain, hormonal problems, etc). As for food prices, yeah, healthy food costs more. It's unlikely that many people can afford much of it if they are using food stamps. And while I don't condone eating only twinkies (for anyone), I can understand it to a degree.

Speaking of unhealthy foods though, I just ordered a pizza and breadsticks, waiting for that to arrive.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes amyb's post
27-07-2013, 03:00 PM
(27-07-2013 02:49 PM)amyb Wrote:  Also, just because someone is overweight doesn't mean they aren't sick and don't need a scooter (also doesn't mean their health problems are from being fat, there are illnesses and medications that cause weight gain, hormonal problems, etc). As for food prices, yeah, healthy food costs more. It's unlikely that many people can afford much of it if they are using food stamps. And while I don't condone eating only twinkies (for anyone), I can understand it to a degree.

Speaking of unhealthy foods though, I just ordered a pizza and breadsticks, waiting for that to arrive.

Like Jerry Lewis when he was taking prednisone. That shit is awful for that when taken for a long time.

It's true...most of fattening, processed, salt-laden foods are waaaay cheaper than well healthful alternatives. Even frozen foods are hideously expensive.

That said...I love pizza!

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

Find all posts by this user
27-07-2013, 10:05 PM
I wish I could pull out those annoying, tiny thorns sticking out of the pink flesh in my right eye. I'm so sick of my eye feeling poked. -.- I don't like that my shins hurt when I run either.
27-07-2013, 10:18 PM (This post was last modified: 27-07-2013 10:36 PM by amyb.)
(27-07-2013 03:00 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Like Jerry Lewis when he was taking prednisone. That shit is awful for that when taken for a long time.
I've been on prednisone for 7 years, have to see an endocrinologist to get off of it or I'll go into adrenal crisis, have to see a therapist because it aggravates mental problems and can cause psychosis, and it fucks with your weight, especially high doses for long periods of time. It also gave me cataracts (just had surgery for these), macular pucker, high blood pressure, and osteoporosis.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
27-07-2013, 10:19 PM (This post was last modified: 27-07-2013 10:23 PM by ridethespiral.)
Yeah back at school you could get a soda, fries and a double cheese burger for less than the cost of the chicken caesar salad (romaine lettuce, croutons, grilled chicken, shitty parm cheese, dressing). No reason for that other than subsidizing the corn and pushing the grease. McDonalds(and places like it) forced the aggregation of agriculture and created a world ruled by corn feed and corn syrup, where beef is cheaper than greens.

28-07-2013, 05:39 AM
Man I can't wait for tomorrow.
I have a hankering for chinese and everybody knows it's honey chicken noodle Monday at 3:30 tomorrow.

[Image: oscar.png]
28-07-2013, 05:52 AM
(28-07-2013 05:39 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Man I can't wait for tomorrow.
I have a hankering for chinese and everybody knows it's honey chicken noodle Monday at 3:30 tomorrow.

Yep, I am already packing my bags to go and get some.

Occasional TTA returner then leaverer.
[+] 1 user Likes Logica Humano's post
28-07-2013, 06:37 AM (This post was last modified: 28-07-2013 07:03 AM by earmuffs.)
Good, I'll see ya there then.
You'll know which one I am when I walk in the door and they say [chinese accent]"ahh honey chicken noodle man, coming right up".[/chinese accent]

28-07-2013, 07:12 AM
Oh great, another 'severe' earthquake...
Shallower then the big-ish one this time last week.

They better not close off the CBD again! Angry

Oh and lovely, there's now volcanic activity warnings...
Isn't this country just grand?
I'm gonna shake to death and then I'm gonna get blown the fuck up, just lovely.

28-07-2013, 11:39 AM
(28-07-2013 07:12 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Oh great, another 'severe' earthquake...
Shallower then the big-ish one this time last week.

They better not close off the CBD again! Angry

Oh and lovely, there's now volcanic activity warnings...
Isn't this country just grand?
I'm gonna shake to death and then I'm gonna get blown the fuck up, just lovely.

Bummer... No

"It was life, often unsatisfying, frequently cruel, usually boring, sometimes beautiful, once in awhile exhilarating." -Stephen King