Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
30-08-2013, 06:15 PM
RE: Ranting corner
So I have a little mini rant that I kind of want to get into. My friends and I were at Taco Bell today after school (which is the best place EVER), and we were talking about two girls that have a lot of sex. One of the girls has a faithful boyfriend of a year and a half but within a week away at college had slept with five different guys (even before going to college she would frequently cheat on him) and one of my friends called her a whore. I probably should have said something, but I didn't. Recently, I've come to the realization that someone's sexual choices no matter what they are doesn't make them a bad person and that calling a girl a whore for having a lot of sex and a boy a pimp for a lot of sex is a very hypocritical thing, so I've stopped judging people for having casual sex with numerous people (to be clear, I personally am a proponent of pre-marital sex even though I haven't had it or a boyfriend yet). Anyway, back on topic. I didn't say anything about her being called a whore, but then one of my friends called her friend who has a steady boyfriend of a year or so that she is faithful to a whore for having sex with him. He said that it made her a bad person even though she acted nice and had a good personality. I said something then about how it didn't and tried defending her, but then a few of the people around me tried telling me it did and how sex made you a bad person. I didn't say anything after that but I probably should have. I'm so infuriated by how close minded and judgmental the people around me are. But on the other hand, I wish I could just be stronger in my opinions and what I do and do not believe in. I'm so ready to get out of here so I can finally be myself without fear of judgement by the people I love.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes southernbelle's post
30-08-2013, 06:27 PM (This post was last modified: 30-08-2013 07:24 PM by TheGulegon.)
Busiest day on record, and it was 150,000 degrees out, and FUCK....

but...

at least this 3 day weekend starts now!

30-08-2013, 06:35 PM
Stop playing with my emotions. If something's wrong, tell me. I don't see the point of guessing games.

Also, fuck all of the cunts that are douche bags to me at school.
[+] 1 user Likes Ferdinand's post
30-08-2013, 07:56 PM
(30-08-2013 06:35 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  Also, fuck all of the cunts that are douche bags to me at school.

But, if they're the douche bags, that makes you ...

Shocking

Big Grin

... this is my signature!
30-08-2013, 08:20 PM
I did some research on scholarships/fellowships in the US for non-US citicens on my pc because the sites weren't for mobile. Imagine using your mobile GPRS connection with IE! F-U-C-K-I-N-G slow! I hate my father! Why doesnt he get wifi for sanity's sake!

I don't really like going outside.
It's too damn "peopley" out there....
30-08-2013, 08:24 PM
(30-08-2013 06:15 PM)southernbelle Wrote:  My friends and I were at Taco Bell today after school (which is the best place EVER)
...eww. No. It may be the best place in walking distance, but I hope your town doesn't suck that bad. Seriously, the ER waiting room is more entertaining, and has access to equivalent food.

Quote:Recently, I've come to the realization that someone's sexual choices no matter what they are doesn't make them a bad person
Safe, sane, consensual = OK and nobody's business. Sane is a flexible category.

Quote:He said that it made her a bad person even though she acted nice and had a good personality. (...snip...) a few of the people around me tried telling me how sex made you a bad person.
High School idiots mouthing off about sex are the EXACT SAME PEOPLE that, just a little while ago, were Middle School idiots mouthing off about sex. They know jack squat, and all their opinions are borrowed from someone they're afraid to contradict.

Choosing your battles is wise, asserting your (correct) position at every opportunity is exhausting and counterproductive. You're doing fine. Hopefully, they'll grow up. :-)
[+] 2 users Like I Am's post
31-08-2013, 02:37 PM
Google is NOT my friend.

It thinks I'm malware or something so I'm having to use Chinese Ice.

So to get it to work, I tried that sign-in thing in the corner. Got loads of shitty options on how to be sociable.

I chose none and it told me I was lonely! FFS!

Introverts crave solitude! Alone does not = lonely.

Then it wouldn't allow me to change my on-screen name to DLJ. Not even my close friends know me as anything other than DLJ. I got DLJ on my business cards, embroidered on my shirt cuffs and on my personalised condoms.

Then it gave me a YouTube account! Did I ask for a YouTube account? No, I bloody didn't.

I have deleted all things google-related.

They can fuck off trying to get me to be all sociable and extroverty.

Bastards.

Angry

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
31-08-2013, 02:49 PM
Google... yeah. I hate how they keep trying to force me to do stuff. I still haven't ever gone onto google+. Remember when it came out ? First they arrogantly assumed everyone would fall over themselves signing up which signally failed to happen, then after a few weeks once they realised that everyone was pretty meh about their fabulous white elephant, every time I went to google.com they put up that massive blue arrow pointing to the corner. Like "hint hint, sign up for google+". Fuckers.

I had a youtube account before google bought youtube, purely 'cos I wanted to be able to make playlists and you had to have an account for that. So all good right, except fucken google bought youtube, now all of a sudden they want me to change my youtube account name and amalgamate it with my gmail ? What the fuck ? And every time I click cancel, they leave an annoying message "OK, we'll ask you later". Fuck that. I DON'T WANT TO.

It's minor shit, but it's *always* trying to force shit on you, if you don't want google products they will annoy you 'til you declare war or capitulate. They're all convinced that everyone loves them so they fucken pull off bullshit like that... It's the total opposite of how a customer should be treated... I guess it shows what they think of us - not customers... commodities.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
31-08-2013, 02:52 PM
Am I the only person who likes Google? Their searches are always brilliant for me and I love Chrome. I also use gmail primarily.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
31-08-2013, 02:54 PM
I like their stuff, they are innovative and amazing, their search is brilliant. I use gmail... They have top programmers working for them...

I hate their marketing department, is all.