Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
04-09-2013, 03:38 PM
RE: Ranting corner
I have two essays and trigonometry homework. On top of all of that, everyone at my school blows-- in both literal definitions.

I maybe have five friends that don't suck completely. Can I just move to New Zealand and be bffs with Earmuffs? Confused
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-09-2013, 07:39 PM
(04-09-2013 11:55 AM)cjlr Wrote:  
(04-09-2013 11:12 AM)Dark Light Wrote:  I fear I know much more than thee. A privateer was only sometimes legal. A corsair was under protection of the law. Thumbsup

It refers to commerce raiding either way; to the best of my knowledge corsair was simply the original French term (from 'course') for such chartered activity - that is, authorized by letters of marque (state endorsement), which the English would have called 'privateering'...

What have either of you heard differently?

Privateer's were more likely to be pirates with papers they paid for...so essentially fake privateers.

04-09-2013, 10:16 PM
(04-09-2013 03:38 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  I have two essays and trigonometry homework. On top of all of that, everyone at my school blows-- in both literal definitions.

I maybe have five friends that don't suck completely. Can I just move to New Zealand and be bffs with Earmuffs? Confused

No, you can't.

Drinking Beverage

05-09-2013, 12:02 AM
(04-09-2013 03:38 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  everyone at my school blows-- in both literal definitions.

Blink

Do you mean figurative? If not I am completely baffled.

05-09-2013, 01:34 AM (This post was last modified: 05-09-2013 01:40 AM by Free Thought.)
(04-09-2013 03:38 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  I have two essays and trigonometry homework. On top of all of that, everyone at my school blows-- in both literal definitions.

Welcome to my world 5 years ago.

Spoiler; it'll get worse as time goes on.

Well, unless you're like me, that is.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
05-09-2013, 06:54 AM
2 things.

1: Because I work for local government I have not had a pay rise for nearly four years. Found out today that if I did and it matched inflation then I could be on up to an extra £3000 a year. They have offered a measly 1% increase. Fucking bullshit and I am so wasted in my job.

2: 99.9% of the conspiracy community is fucking bullshit, full of fucking idiots who do no more research then watching shitty youtube videos and reading fucked up articles. They are so brainwashed yet they call others "sheep"

Fucking fucktards.

I feel so much, and yet I feel nothing.
I am a rock, I am the sky, the birds and the trees and everything beyond.
I am the wind, in the fields in which I roar. I am the water, in which I drown.
[+] 2 users Like bemore's post
05-09-2013, 07:09 AM
(05-09-2013 06:54 AM)bemore Wrote:  2: 99.9% of the conspiracy community is fucking bullshit, full of fucking idiots who do no more research then watching shitty youtube videos and reading fucked up articles. They are so brainwashed yet they call others "sheep"

There is great wisdom in this statement.

... this is my signature!
[+] 1 user Likes cjlr's post
05-09-2013, 07:41 AM
Quote:1: Because I work for local government I have not had a pay rise for nearly four years. Found out today that if I did and it matched inflation then I could be on up to an extra £3000 a year. They have offered a measly 1% increase. Fucking bullshit and I am so wasted in my job.

So do something about it...
Do you even ask for a raise? Of course they're not just going to give you money..
And if you don't like your job than go find another one or go get re-educated to get a better job or some shit, sitting on your ass wont change anything.
05-09-2013, 08:14 AM
(05-09-2013 07:41 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  
Quote:1: Because I work for local government I have not had a pay rise for nearly four years. Found out today that if I did and it matched inflation then I could be on up to an extra £3000 a year. They have offered a measly 1% increase. Fucking bullshit and I am so wasted in my job.

So do something about it...
Do you even ask for a raise? Of course they're not just going to give you money..
And if you don't like your job than go find another one or go get re-educated to get a better job or some shit, sitting on your ass wont change anything.

The union that apparently represents us has tried to get a pay increase for us all. We are currently waiting on the results of a job evaluation that was done earlier this year. The results could see our pay go up but with local government having a forecast of a 10% budget cut next year I don't see how they can.

I have looked for other jobs but there is not much going. I have been studying hypnotherapy for over a year, getting hold of as much literature surrounding it as possible. There is no real official regulatory body of hypnotherapy though (like doctors for example) and their is no authority that could stop me from setting up and starting tomorrow if I wanted. Person to person/classroom training is available and I have the funds to do it. I'm still in the process of seeing which organisation has the best reputation and support network for ongoing learning.

I feel so much, and yet I feel nothing.
I am a rock, I am the sky, the birds and the trees and everything beyond.
I am the wind, in the fields in which I roar. I am the water, in which I drown.
[+] 1 user Likes bemore's post
05-09-2013, 08:31 AM
Unions are so fucking useless, they're no better than a boss that refuses to give pay increases.
It sounds like for the last 4 years you would have been better off keeping the money you give to be part of the union.

Maybe there's no regulation body because hypnotherapy is a load of shit?

Speaking of jobs, after doing my weekly budget Wednesday I have come to the conclusion that I have been avoiding, I really need a fucking job. Something I've known for ages but haven't really been fucked to actual pursue. So I either need to cut back on eating out (no hetro) or get a job and because I enjoy honey chicken noodles, pizza, butter chicken and subway I'm going for the job option.
Plus I'm seriously bored out of my skull doing nothing but lounging around my room day in day out.

So, let the serious job search commence.