Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
06-09-2013, 07:02 AM
RE: Ranting corner
Ya know, I don't even know why I'm even bothering to install it and try it right now..
It's not gonna work and it's gonna result in nothing but cold feet (literally) and a pissed off angry Muffs.

[Image: oscar.png]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-09-2013, 07:03 AM
Jesus! I can't even install this game without my CPU temp skyrocketing!

fml. I need $40 for a new heat sink so bad. Which means I need a job so bad. Fuck society.

06-09-2013, 07:17 AM
It's going down! The temp is actually going down from 80C to 78C!
There's hope yet, the ice and 2 fans seem to keep the temperature at bay!

I need some epic game installing while hoping the PC doesn't overheat and crash music up in this bitch!

06-09-2013, 07:18 AM
(05-09-2013 08:31 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Maybe there's no regulation body because hypnotherapy is a load of shit?

Whilst it's true that a small percentage of the population cannot be hypnotised I would say overall that it is good. It's all about helping people fiddle with their own Sub-Conscious and rearrange shit.

I feel so much, and yet I feel nothing.
I am a rock, I am the sky, the birds and the trees and everything beyond.
I am the wind, in the fields in which I roar. I am the water, in which I drown.
06-09-2013, 09:27 AM
See this face? Do you like actual totally like see this face? DO YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!
I ASKED YOU A GOD DAMN QUESTION!!! DO. YOU. SEE. THIS. FACE!!!!!!!!!!!?????????????

This is my happy face.

[Image: image.png]

Quote:Whilst it's true that a small percentage of the population cannot be hypnotised I would say overall that it is good. It's all about helping people fiddle with their own Sub-Conscious and rearrange shit.

A small percentage?
Has it ever occurred to you that the people who are "hypnotized" are "hypnotized" because they want to be?

Allow me to give you an example. What's the guy's name, does all the religious woo stuff where he makes the people fall over with his jedi mind? People go to him and regularly hit the floor not because he has some divine power but because they want to.
Same thing with hypnotherapy.
It works because people want it to work, they'll believe anything but really it's just all in their crazy little head.
And before you say "well where's the harm in that" I'd say I suppose there is none, just as there's no harm in astrology and terra card readings and tea leaf readings etc... Doesn't mean it's valid.

The problem is when you have someone who needs actual professional help, in cases like that it can be damaging if they seek less proven methods such as hypnotherapy. And as you say, there's no regulatory body to stop any random Joe starting a practice.

06-09-2013, 01:45 PM
Well finished my CV.
I failed to include my work history on purpose, suffice to say in both cases it didn't end too well...

Now all there is to do is stand on the top of Mount Victoria holding a couple hundred copies and let the wind distribute them across Wellington and than wait for a phone call.

[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
06-09-2013, 02:06 PM
Great, just applied to be a doorman...
Can you see me as a doorman?

customer: "ah excuse me sir, are you going to get the door for me?"
me: "you've got hands"

06-09-2013, 02:16 PM
(06-09-2013 06:58 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  So I got my hands on Rome 2 Total War the other day, a game I've wanted to play the moment they announced it. I haven't been particularly excited for it because my PC heatsink is broken and overheats the cpu whenever I try to do something remotely stressful (like playing a high demanding game like R2 TW) and my laptop is a cheap laptop...
Well, much to my surprise it actually works on my laptop... But only on lowest graphics (which look awful) and even than pretty laggy to say the least.
So I'm about to try something as an attempt to solve my PC's overheating issues.
I currently have not 1 but 2 desk fans pointed directly at my CPU.
The temperature started at 37C and has dropped to 35C in less than 2minutes.
Hopefully this will be enough to keep the beast cool while it plays this game.
There's only one way to find out.... prepare for rage that this doesn't work in 5.. 4.. 3..

Can't believe you acually want to play Rome 2 on a cheap laptop. Still, I haven't bought the game, and I've heard it has some fucked up enemy AI glitches in combat mode. Is that true for you too?

[Image: 20cad83ad8d757191e2878b0f4bf05a9.png]
"Don't answer that. A rhetorical question."
06-09-2013, 02:20 PM
Civ5 wreaks havoc on my laptop. I take a ziplock and fill it with ice, and then put inside another ziplock to be safe...then I put that under the lappy and she cools down a bit.

I would be playing on my new rig but it's still out of commission awaiting the new MoBo.

06-09-2013, 02:49 PM
(06-09-2013 02:16 PM)ELK12695 Wrote:  
(06-09-2013 06:58 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  So I got my hands on Rome 2 Total War the other day, a game I've wanted to play the moment they announced it. I haven't been particularly excited for it because my PC heatsink is broken and overheats the cpu whenever I try to do something remotely stressful (like playing a high demanding game like R2 TW) and my laptop is a cheap laptop...
Well, much to my surprise it actually works on my laptop... But only on lowest graphics (which look awful) and even than pretty laggy to say the least.
So I'm about to try something as an attempt to solve my PC's overheating issues.
I currently have not 1 but 2 desk fans pointed directly at my CPU.
The temperature started at 37C and has dropped to 35C in less than 2minutes.
Hopefully this will be enough to keep the beast cool while it plays this game.
There's only one way to find out.... prepare for rage that this doesn't work in 5.. 4.. 3..

Can't believe you acually want to play Rome 2 on a cheap laptop. Still, I haven't bought the game, and I've heard it has some fucked up enemy AI glitches in combat mode. Is that true for you too?

It doesn't overheat my pc so I can play it on that.

Nothing major I've noticed.
But the timing on the AI speaking (the help thing and in the tutorial) is off like all the time.
Like I'll upgrade my 3rd general or something and it'll say how "you've upgraded your first general" or when it said on my second battle how I had completed my first battle...
In the tutorial there's a bit where you have control of some units, you have to cross a shallow bit and help defend a city, but I just attacked and it didn't process that the city was absolutely fine and it was going on about how I must hurry and save the city despite me wiping the enemy army out...

Oh and generals seem to be bloody invincible. Enemy generals included.
3 freeman levy's (like warbands from the first game) units at full moral/strength couldn't even kill 10 of the 80 units in a General's noble swordsman bodyguards.
All three units got routed by his one unit despite only one of my units have more units then his let alone three of my units.. did I mention I flanked his unit, twice?

The siege equipment looks nice though. And the sea battles are good and the ships in land battles is a nice addition. You can have beach landing battles now.
The cities and towns and stuff are all very nice also. Units can walk everywhere, like through property and around buildings, so no more choke points.

OH and you better have a decent computer. There are 115 factions (counted them myself) and yes, it goes through them all when you end your turn...
On crappy laptop... not fun. On decent computer, meh.
But yea, no more rebels (though I'm pretty sure I saw a faction "slaves" at one point), every province has a faction. Makes the campaign more challenging actually.
No more cannon fodder rebels.