Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
06-09-2013, 02:52 PM
RE: Ranting corner
So, we get an email from a customer today. This person refuses to change the filters on their HVAC system. So the filter gets real dirty and basically smothers the system making it not only work poorly but also stresses the components as they try to keep up, running too long and too hard to make up for poor airflow and dirt.

Letter starts with...I had a man from my church who I trust...

Oh, fucking bite me. Why are we bringing religious crap up when discussing your continual need for repair because your system is crap and you are too lazy to change a goddamn filter?

Maybe she should pray. Hobo

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
06-09-2013, 03:04 PM
(06-09-2013 02:49 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(06-09-2013 02:16 PM)ELK12695 Wrote:  Can't believe you acually want to play Rome 2 on a cheap laptop. Still, I haven't bought the game, and I've heard it has some fucked up enemy AI glitches in combat mode. Is that true for you too?

It doesn't overheat my pc so I can play it on that.

Nothing major I've noticed.
But the timing on the AI speaking (the help thing and in the tutorial) is off like all the time.
Like I'll upgrade my 3rd general or something and it'll say how "you've upgraded your first general" or when it said on my second battle how I had completed my first battle...
In the tutorial there's a bit where you have control of some units, you have to cross a shallow bit and help defend a city, but I just attacked and it didn't process that the city was absolutely fine and it was going on about how I must hurry and save the city despite me wiping the enemy army out...

Oh and generals seem to be bloody invincible. Enemy generals included.
3 freeman levy's (like warbands from the first game) units at full moral/strength couldn't even kill 10 of the 80 units in a General's noble swordsman bodyguards.
All three units got routed by his one unit despite only one of my units have more units then his let alone three of my units.. did I mention I flanked his unit, twice?

The siege equipment looks nice though. And the sea battles are good and the ships in land battles is a nice addition. You can have beach landing battles now.
The cities and towns and stuff are all very nice also. Units can walk everywhere, like through property and around buildings, so no more choke points.

OH and you better have a decent computer. There are 115 factions (counted them myself) and yes, it goes through them all when you end your turn...
On crappy laptop... not fun. On decent computer, meh.
But yea, no more rebels (though I'm pretty sure I saw a faction "slaves" at one point), every province has a faction. Makes the campaign more challenging actually.
No more cannon fodder rebels.

Are phalanxes still OP like hell? 'Cause I conqured the entire map on Rome 1 with just three Armored Hoplites by just placing them near the corners of the battlemap.

[Image: 20cad83ad8d757191e2878b0f4bf05a9.png]
"Don't answer that. A rhetorical question."
06-09-2013, 03:18 PM
Lost my only pair of headphones today. I know I'm not the only person that knows that feel. Sad

Also left my only flat iron in my locker at school. Time to wing this date with natural hair..... or a paper bag.
06-09-2013, 03:25 PM
(06-09-2013 03:18 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  Also left my only flat iron in my locker at school. Time to wing this date with natural hair..... or a paper bag.

Try this tactic to get your hair straightended out, works for me.
[Image: Tom-Araya-headbang.gif]

[+] 2 users Like ELK12695's post
06-09-2013, 03:30 PM
(06-09-2013 03:25 PM)ELK12695 Wrote:  
(06-09-2013 03:18 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  Also left my only flat iron in my locker at school. Time to wing this date with natural hair..... or a paper bag.

Try this tactic to get your hair straightended out, works for me.

Omfg okay Weeping
06-09-2013, 03:40 PM
(06-09-2013 03:30 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  
(06-09-2013 03:25 PM)ELK12695 Wrote:  Try this tactic to get your hair straightended out, works for me.

Omfg okay Weeping

Here, I'll help you get started:

[+] 1 user Likes ELK12695's post
06-09-2013, 03:43 PM
(06-09-2013 03:40 PM)ELK12695 Wrote:  
(06-09-2013 03:30 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  Omfg okay Weeping

Here, I'll help you get started:

Hair Styling with ELK12695 Girl_nails
06-09-2013, 11:32 PM
Today was literally the worst. Can I just fall asleep and wake up 10 years from now and feel completely fine asdfghjkloiuytre
06-09-2013, 11:44 PM (This post was last modified: 07-09-2013 04:29 AM by Hughsie.)
(06-09-2013 11:32 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  Today was literally the worst. Can I just fall asleep and wake up 10 years from now and feel completely fine asdfghjkloiuytre

I'm drunk so my advice my not be totally advisable but I think you should kill a bunch of people (as in anyone who contributed to you having a bad day), eat a bunch of fried chicken, and play a bunch of TES. Smile

Hug

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
[+] 1 user Likes Hughsie's post
07-09-2013, 12:29 AM
(06-09-2013 03:04 PM)ELK12695 Wrote:  
(06-09-2013 02:49 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  It doesn't overheat my pc so I can play it on that.

Nothing major I've noticed.
But the timing on the AI speaking (the help thing and in the tutorial) is off like all the time.
Like I'll upgrade my 3rd general or something and it'll say how "you've upgraded your first general" or when it said on my second battle how I had completed my first battle...
In the tutorial there's a bit where you have control of some units, you have to cross a shallow bit and help defend a city, but I just attacked and it didn't process that the city was absolutely fine and it was going on about how I must hurry and save the city despite me wiping the enemy army out...

Oh and generals seem to be bloody invincible. Enemy generals included.
3 freeman levy's (like warbands from the first game) units at full moral/strength couldn't even kill 10 of the 80 units in a General's noble swordsman bodyguards.
All three units got routed by his one unit despite only one of my units have more units then his let alone three of my units.. did I mention I flanked his unit, twice?

The siege equipment looks nice though. And the sea battles are good and the ships in land battles is a nice addition. You can have beach landing battles now.
The cities and towns and stuff are all very nice also. Units can walk everywhere, like through property and around buildings, so no more choke points.

OH and you better have a decent computer. There are 115 factions (counted them myself) and yes, it goes through them all when you end your turn...
On crappy laptop... not fun. On decent computer, meh.
But yea, no more rebels (though I'm pretty sure I saw a faction "slaves" at one point), every province has a faction. Makes the campaign more challenging actually.
No more cannon fodder rebels.

Are phalanxes still OP like hell? 'Cause I conqured the entire map on Rome 1 with just three Armored Hoplites by just placing them near the corners of the battlemap.

Dunno.
I played the tutorial which is about forming Rome.
And than I started a Britannia campaign.
But considering those choke points no longer exist as you can just walk through any part of a village my guess is no because they'll be far easier to flank.
Oh and the early missile units I've had to work with, slingers and skirmishers, fucking own. Mind you I haven't been up against the strongest of units I've found them to be much more effective at enemy generals than melee units.
Also siege owns versus units. You get ballistas early (like I attacked my first village with them early) and the little stone that those massive machines launch (you'll see what I mean) when it hits the ground skims across the ground taking out everything in it's path. You can easily route enemies with it before they even get near your main troops. Again though, the standard of troops I've been up against hasn't been to awesome.
Also a little tip, build navy. If it's important for Britannia I imagine it's very important for the likes of Rome or a Greek faction.

[Image: oscar.png]