Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
12-09-2013, 03:33 PM
RE: Ranting corner
(12-09-2013 02:28 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  
(12-09-2013 12:12 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  I don't stress.

Earmuffs you rant more than anyone else on the forum please get out of my face.

There is a difference between ranting about something and stressing about something.
I rant about something because it pisses me off or it's annoying etc..
Stressing is different. Stressing is worrying, I'm not worried about anything.

I know it doesn't come across very well on the forum but I promise you that I am thee most carefree don't-give-a-shit people you'll ever meet.

I'm gonna be the worlds first trillionaire, what the fuck do I have to stress about?

[Image: oscar.png]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-09-2013, 03:34 PM
(12-09-2013 03:33 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  I know it doesn't come across very well on the forum but I promise you that I am thee most carefree don't-give-a-shit people you'll ever meet.

Earmuffs is more than one person.

Troll, ban him. Tongue
[+] 1 user Likes Ferdinand's post
12-09-2013, 03:38 PM
(12-09-2013 03:12 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(12-09-2013 03:04 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  [Image: 300px-Webcomic_xkcd_-_Wikipedian_protester.png]

http://www.iskinstitute.com/kc/feet/brok...n_toe.html

Quote:The most commonly broken toe is your little toe. When you break your toe, the fracture often occurs close to the toe’s joint with the longer midfoot bones (metatarsals), called the metatarsophalangeal joint. Broken toes may occur in conjunction with a toe dislocation, which knocks your toe out of its joint with the foot. Toe fractures and dislocations have similar symptoms and receive similar treatment.

Most commonly broken toe ≠ Most commonly broken bone. Even if it were, Most commonly broken bone ≠ the average person breaks it multiple times within their life.

12-09-2013, 03:47 PM
(12-09-2013 03:38 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  
(12-09-2013 03:12 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  http://www.iskinstitute.com/kc/feet/brok...n_toe.html

Most commonly broken toe ≠ Most commonly broken bone. Even if it were, Most commonly broken bone ≠ the average person breaks it multiple times within their life.

I overstated that yes, I had heard that factoid years ago and apparently it is untrue. The multiple breaks part is true however most are microfractures not full breaks.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
12-09-2013, 05:18 PM
(12-09-2013 03:47 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(12-09-2013 03:38 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  Most commonly broken toe ≠ Most commonly broken bone. Even if it were, Most commonly broken bone ≠ the average person breaks it multiple times within their life.

I overstated that yes, I had heard that factoid years ago and apparently it is untrue. The multiple breaks part is true however most are microfractures not full breaks.

Then it is a fictoid.

[Image: 3thilc.jpg]
Tongue

12-09-2013, 05:23 PM
(12-09-2013 05:18 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  
(12-09-2013 03:47 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  I overstated that yes, I had heard that factoid years ago and apparently it is untrue. The multiple breaks part is true however most are microfractures not full breaks.

Then it is a fictoid.

[Image: 3thilc.jpg]
Tongue

Don't make me sic your wife on you. Tongue

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
12-09-2013, 05:54 PM
(12-09-2013 02:28 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  
(12-09-2013 12:12 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  I don't stress.

Earmuffs you rant more than anyone else on the forum please get out of my face.

Most of his rants are actually tweets.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-09-2013, 06:03 PM (This post was last modified: 12-09-2013 06:11 PM by Chas.)
Well, that was a fuckin' wasted day.

Took my car in for service early today, got brakes and belts. Got the car at noon and drove away.

A mile down the road I notice the rear view mirror looks odd; go back to dealer.
It turns out that the mirror is liquid crystal and it had developed a bubble. They said they would replace it gratis as they had been getting regular failures.

OK, fine.

Later, I popped out to do a couple of errands and the car suddenly loses power at 75 mph on a major highway in moderately heavy traffic. I pull it over just before an exit ramp.

Won't restart. Cranks, but won't fire.

Call dealer, dealer calls tow service, tow service calls me.

Wait on highway for over an hour for tow truck in ever-increasing traffic and threatening weather.

Finally get home at 7:15PM. Might get car back tomorrow.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-09-2013, 06:04 PM
(12-09-2013 05:54 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(12-09-2013 02:28 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  Earmuffs you rant more than anyone else on the forum please get out of my face.

Most of his rants are actually tweets.

That's because he is a twit. Cool

12-09-2013, 06:57 PM
(12-09-2013 06:03 PM)Chas Wrote:  Well, that was a fuckin' wasted day.

Took my car in for service early today, got brakes and belts. Got the car at noon and drove away.

A mile down the road I notice the rear view mirror looks odd; go back to dealer.
It turns out that the mirror is liquid crystal and it had developed a bubble. They said they would replace it gratis as they had been getting regular failures.

OK, fine.

Later, I popped out to do a couple of errands and the car suddenly loses power at 75 mph on a major highway in moderately heavy traffic. I pull it over just before an exit ramp.

Won't restart. Cranks, but won't fire.

Call dealer, dealer calls tow service, tow service calls me.

Wait on highway for over an hour for tow truck in ever-increasing traffic and threatening weather.

Finally get home at 7:15PM. Might get car back tomorrow.

Let me guess...

It's a Merc?