moar ice cream!

I don't really like going outside.
It's too damn "peopley" out there....
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-09-2013, 03:54 PM
RE: Ranting corner
My predictions never fail.

I finally get to the chiropractor and as I'm lying there, I get three frantic calls from work which I didn't answer.

Based only on the assumption I was in 2 hours early at work for the last 2 weeks to cover for someone, it was somehow presumed that I would be in 2 hours early today. This was not only pre-arrange with 4 different people besides myself, I even reminded them last Friday that it was my last day for this arrangement and I predicted that some idiot would forget, panic, and frantically call me. I also predicted I would not answer my phone.

I need to set up one of those psychic hotlines and make the really big bucks. Dodgy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 3 users Like kim's post
16-09-2013, 05:13 PM (This post was last modified: 16-09-2013 05:22 PM by Anjele.)
have two sections to my science class. One is the lecture part which I am taking online and the other is the lab taken at school. Two different instructors.

The lab professor sent us a note saying that we aren't taking lab seriously enough...hard to do in the chaotic environment she allows. I can't learn new concepts if she isn't going to teach or at least attempt to have some kind of method to her madness. She threatened to fail those of us that don't stay the full three hours.

I sent her an email letting her know that I left last week out of disgust and that the next time she shows up reeking of alcohol, I will follow the appropriate channels to have the issue addressed. I also let her know since all she seems to want is me to sit there for 3 hours a week, I will do that. If she won't try to teach, I am not going to try to learn. I will do what I can at home.

One drunken woman already derailed my college dreams, this bitch isn't going to.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 3 users Like Anjele's post
16-09-2013, 06:04 PM
(15-09-2013 07:43 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  So today at work I had to deal with the biggest cunt ever!

He got short-changed by £10. The girl on the till thought he had given her a £10 note when it was actually a £20. He wanted to see the manager so I cashed up the till (took a few minutes), gave him his money, and apologised. Was that good enough for him? HELL NO!

First he complained that I counted the till in the office instead of the middle of the shop where he could see. Apparently I coulda rigged the figures against him if he wasn't watching. Firstly, I have to have a number to compare it to, which would be on the computer screen, IN THE OFFICE. Secondly, I'm not gonna heap up a stack of money in a public area. Thirdly, I agreed with him and gave him his god-damned money so I clearly didn't rig the numbers.

Second, he demanded I make the girl explain herself and apologise to him in the middle of the store. There is no way in Hell I am ever gonna do that. I told him it wasn't gonna happen (politely) and he started bitching on about it.

Third, he wasn't happy with my handling of the situation and so he demanded that I give him my name, the store manager's name, the store's number so he could contact the manager, and the number for head office.

I mean really, was it worth such a fuss?! I honestly hope he crashed his car and slowly burned to death in the wreckage on the way home! Angry

People are cunts.
16-09-2013, 07:13 PM
Go outside they said
Yeah don't worry, you can be out and back in in before that raincloud gets here they said
No, don't bother with your gloves it's not that cold they said

THEY LIED!!
16-09-2013, 07:19 PM
(16-09-2013 07:13 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Go outside they said
Yeah don't worry, you can be out and back in in before that raincloud gets here they said

THEY LIED!!

Dude always wear your gloves...If you go down your hands are almost guaranteed to get fucked up and also be the most painful place to get road rash.

16-09-2013, 07:54 PM
Pussy!

[+] 1 user Likes Dark Light's post
16-09-2013, 08:02 PM
(16-09-2013 07:19 PM)ridethespiral Wrote:  
(16-09-2013 07:13 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Go outside they said

THEY LIED!!

Dude always wear your gloves...If you go down your hands are almost guaranteed to get fucked up and also be the most painful place to get road rash.

Rule 1 son.
16-09-2013, 08:07 PM
(16-09-2013 08:02 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(16-09-2013 07:19 PM)ridethespiral Wrote:  Dude always wear your gloves...If you go down your hands are almost guaranteed to get fucked up and also be the most painful place to get road rash.

Rule 1 son.

So, you're thinking that just because you want something to happen a certain way, that's going to have some influence on it?

You're free to think that, I suppose; I do hope you come to your senses...

... this is my signature!
17-09-2013, 04:49 AM
Lol no.

It's called risk assessment.
I've been riding for 4 years. But what you have to remember is that I don't even have my learners car license. I ride my motorbike every day.
I ride in all weather, day or night, highways, motorways, inner city, suburbs, curvy narrow hill roads, roads that really need maintenance etc...
And not once have I crashed.
I'm an extremely cautious rider, increase following distance, watching the driver not the car, slowing at intersections, careful passing, careful in wet weather etc... I was in a car accident when I was younger, my dad was driving, where a guy died and another ended up in a comma for like 3months. We weren't hurt but our car was pretty badly smashed up. But prior to it I was the kid sitting in the back egging my parents to drive faster or pass that car in front of us. After the accident it was very much slow the fuck down.
That I think has transferred to my own driving.

Risk assessment, going to the store, a ride I've done many times, is far from a risky adventure. It's 50kmph the whole way, inner city driving. If I'm going to crash it's not going to be on the way to the store.

So watching Dragons Den. Why do people invest so much money in these products they design?? Like, the risk is so fucking huge that it's not going to be a success but they'll happily remortgage their house and throw 100K pounds in it... WTF!!! Do you know what I could do with 100K pounds?!! Geezus.
It baffles me how people can throw so much money into such a risky venture. Isn't the goal money?? So why wouldn't you instead put that money into something safe like a subway franchise or something? You know, something proven with a track record to provide profit!?
I'm going to start my own business in a couple years after my traveling and it's going to be the most risk calculated thing I ever do. Extensive market research, exact plan of how much I need and realistic projected profits etc.. and it's going to be a stable safe business.
Risk is for people who have the money to risk, when you remortgage your house you DON'T have the money to risk...