Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
30-09-2013, 05:06 PM
RE: Ranting corner
(30-09-2013 04:49 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  
(30-09-2013 04:36 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  On Skype with Tim when all of a sudden a pipe busts in my house and my entire dining room is flooded with water. Big Grin

Unusual smiley choice for situation. Blink

I was being extremely sarcastic. But no seriously there are soaked towels everywhere.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-09-2013, 08:24 PM
Remind me to NEVER have kids.

[Image: oscar.png]
30-09-2013, 08:27 PM
(30-09-2013 08:24 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Remind me to NEVER have kids.

Well in your case it is a much more involved process so you'd probably really have to want to have one.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
30-09-2013, 10:26 PM
Which I don't anyway.

It truly baffles me why people want kids in the first place.
1) Humans are hardly a dying breed
2) They're expensive
3) They're loud
4) They're smelly
5) They're hugely time consuming
6) They're expensive
7) You're stuck with them for the next 18+ years
8) If you hate the person of whom you had the kid, to bad, you now have a living reminder of that person and a mutual connection.
9) They're expensive
10) Say goodbye to ever sleeping again.
11) They're your responsibility
and
12) They're expensive.

It's like, get a dog. Dogs are cheaper, less fuss and it's morally acceptable to teach them to fetch things for you.

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 5 users Like earmuffs's post
30-09-2013, 11:38 PM
I know I live a comparatively good life with a roof over my, food and electricity also got clean water etc but I cannot help but feel really fucking tired of my life right now.

It seems to me that for every single good thing which happens to me, there is something thing sitting around the next corner waiting to either take the good thing away entirely, or simply overshadow the good thing with its shittyness.
For instance: My laptop. I rely on my laptop as my only effective escape from what has become my near-horrifically monotonous and almost plain not worth it life and reality: it is one of the few shining beacons of hope in my life that allow me to forget my perpetual existence of jaded boredom, possible depression and near-total rage and hatred for the rest of the universe as a whole.
It broke a few days ago; just plain taken away. And today I managed to get it working again and was truly happy for the first time in a short while. And whilst enjoying myself with a game it broke. Again. The one good thing was, twice in 4 days, simply taken away from me, and this seems to happen all the fucking time: every time a positive thing happens it's either taken away or simply over shadowed.
"Oh, you're going to be born huh? I see you'll have eyes too. How's about you just have this genetic pre-disposition here so that your eyes will degrade, and for extra fun, lets get it so that by 17, you wont be able to clearly even a meter from your face without some really expensive lenses." "Your only redeeming feature is that you are somewhat strong? Lets cause you to break your arm so that it will always be much weaker from that point on and that a knock on a door-frame at the wrong angle can send you into groaning agony for weeks." "Getting good at a sport finally, eh? That right knee of yours is important to that, right? We can't have that: guess what, your knee wont let you play any more and too much exertion will set it off".
Worst part is; I have become so attached to my need to escape that if anything which I would use to escape from reality with is taken away, it feels all the more worse and just makes me angrier every time it happens.

Well, that is more that enough of my self-pity partying and/or angry ranting here.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
01-10-2013, 10:09 AM
Fucking alkie... woke up at seven and started pounding the mixed drinks. Wasn't doing shit, so about 11 I hit the bottle straight and now I'm like, "bhhhewwww, isitthursday?" Big Grin

[Image: ZF1ZJ4M.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
01-10-2013, 12:34 PM
Teen-Skeptic-Go!'s reaction to my computer crashing yesterday, making impossible to render the Half-Life recording he wanted:

[Image: 20cad83ad8d757191e2878b0f4bf05a9.png]
"Don't answer that. A rhetorical question."
01-10-2013, 12:48 PM
(30-09-2013 11:38 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  I know I live a comparatively good life with a roof over my, food and electricity also got clean water etc but I cannot help but feel really fucking tired of my life right now.

It seems to me that for every single good thing which happens to me, there is something thing sitting around the next corner waiting to either take the good thing away entirely, or simply overshadow the good thing with its shittyness.
For instance: My laptop. I rely on my laptop as my only effective escape from what has become my near-horrifically monotonous and almost plain not worth it life and reality: it is one of the few shining beacons of hope in my life that allow me to forget my perpetual existence of jaded boredom, possible depression and near-total rage and hatred for the rest of the universe as a whole.
It broke a few days ago; just plain taken away. And today I managed to get it working again and was truly happy for the first time in a short while. And whilst enjoying myself with a game it broke. Again. The one good thing was, twice in 4 days, simply taken away from me, and this seems to happen all the fucking time: every time a positive thing happens it's either taken away or simply over shadowed.
"Oh, you're going to be born huh? I see you'll have eyes too. How's about you just have this genetic pre-disposition here so that your eyes will degrade, and for extra fun, lets get it so that by 17, you wont be able to clearly even a meter from your face without some really expensive lenses." "Your only redeeming feature is that you are somewhat strong? Lets cause you to break your arm so that it will always be much weaker from that point on and that a knock on a door-frame at the wrong angle can send you into groaning agony for weeks." "Getting good at a sport finally, eh? That right knee of yours is important to that, right? We can't have that: guess what, your knee wont let you play any more and too much exertion will set it off".
Worst part is; I have become so attached to my need to escape that if anything which I would use to escape from reality with is taken away, it feels all the more worse and just makes me angrier every time it happens.

Well, that is more that enough of my self-pity partying and/or angry ranting here.

Sorry things are sucking for you right now. I hope that the things that can improve, will, soon. Hug

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
01-10-2013, 01:50 PM
(30-09-2013 10:26 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Which I don't anyway.

2) They're expensive
3) They're loud
4) They're smelly
6) They're expensive
8) If you hate the person of whom you had the kid, to bad, you now have a living reminder of that person and a mutual connection.
9) They're expensive
and
12) They're expensive.

It's like, get a dog. Dogs are cheaper, less fuss and it's morally acceptable to teach them to fetch things for you.

I'm not a Daddy, but I'll reply.

1.) I think it is more about making sure YOU go on more than humanity. In a way, it gives you a chance at immortality.

2.) Some people have money to spend. Others are willing to sacrifice to achieve one. And to some people, they are willing to pay for kids, just because they enjoy them.

3.) Not all are.

4.) Yeah, that's fair. Kids are somehow always dirty, stinky and have sticky hands.

5.) Yup.

6.) Same as 2.

7.) Well, if you have a son they will most likely with you well into their twenties or even 30's in an economy like this one. If you have a daughter all you have to do it raise her Catholic and tell her that it is a sin to take BC pills. She will most likely get knocked up and married by her 18th birthday with a little persuasion from a shotgun.

8.) Choose wisely, you must.

9.) SHUT UP!

10.) Well, I don't do that anyway.

11.) Yup.

12.) If they are too much to handle after birth, you can always just make a meal of them.

[+] 1 user Likes Dark Light's post
01-10-2013, 03:25 PM
(01-10-2013 01:50 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  
(30-09-2013 10:26 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Which I don't anyway.

2) They're expensive
3) They're loud
4) They're smelly
6) They're expensive
9) They're expensive
and
12) They're expensive.

I'm not a Daddy, but I'll reply.

1.) I think it is more about making sure YOU go on more than humanity. In a way, it gives you a chance at immortality.

2.) Some people have money to spend. Others are willing to sacrifice to achieve one. And to some people, they are willing to pay for kids, just because they enjoy them.

3.) Not all are.

4.) Yeah, that's fair. Kids are somehow always dirty, stinky and have sticky hands.

5.) Yup.

6.) Same as 2.

7.) Well, if you have a son they will most likely with you well into their twenties or even 30's in an economy like this one. If you have a daughter all you have to do it raise her Catholic and tell her that it is a sin to take BC pills. She will most likely get knocked up and married by her 18th birthday with a little persuasion from a shotgun.

8.) Choose wisely, you must.

9.) SHUT UP!

10.) Well, I don't do that anyway.

11.) Yup.

12.) If they are too much to handle after birth, you can always just make a meal of them.

I am a daddy and I can tell you that none of that stuff matters at all...

You don't have a kid because you want one and it's carefully planned out, you have a kid because you stuck it in and someone forgot to take her pill.

....but they will melt your heart despite the grimy little fingers, incessant wailing and forced domestication.

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user