Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
01-10-2013, 03:32 PM
RE: Ranting corner
(01-10-2013 03:25 PM)ridethespiral Wrote:  I am a daddy and I can tell you that none of that stuff matters at all...

You don't have a kid because you want one and it's carefully planned out, you have a kid because you stuck it in and someone forgot to take her pill.

....but they will melt your heart despite the grimy little fingers, incessant wailing and forced domestication.

Sadcryface2 Beautiful, just beautiful. Weeping

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
01-10-2013, 04:48 PM
I'm pissed off because there's so much to rant about and so little time to do it in. Angry

ps: I'm back home.
01-10-2013, 05:33 PM
I work in customer service,and it gets tough. People seem to be going through a nasty streak at the moment. I keep having to deal with individuals who are just mean to make a person feel bad. My job is mostly just facilitating customer's orders, and I do my job well. When the warehouse, carrier, supplier, or anyone else screws up an order, I get the lovely job of telling someone who has a press and crew waiting, that their material won't arrive on time, is damaged, or is the wrong material etc. I understand these are manufacturing shut down situations, and I take this very seriously, bust my ass to correct these errors, and try to convey this to the customer in a polite, sympathetic, and professional manner. Some people just done understand that mistakes happen. I'm also not good at bending over and debasing myself, and taking blame, but it's part of my job, and I do it as best I can. Rant over, thank you, I feel a little better, it's just been a rough day....
02-10-2013, 07:30 AM
(01-10-2013 01:50 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  
(30-09-2013 10:26 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Which I don't anyway.

It truly baffles me why people want kids in the first place.
1) Humans are hardly a dying breed
2) They're expensive
3) They're loud
4) They're smelly
5) They're hugely time consuming
6) They're expensive
7) You're stuck with them for the next 18+ years
8) If you hate the person of whom you had the kid, to bad, you now have a living reminder of that person and a mutual connection.
9) They're expensive
10) Say goodbye to ever sleeping again.
11) They're your responsibility
and
12) They're expensive.

It's like, get a dog. Dogs are cheaper, less fuss and it's morally acceptable to teach them to fetch things for you.

I'm not a Daddy, but I'll reply.

1.) I think it is more about making sure YOU go on more than humanity. In a way, it gives you a chance at immortality.

2.) Some people have money to spend. Others are willing to sacrifice to achieve one. And to some people, they are willing to pay for kids, just because they enjoy them.

3.) Not all are.

4.) Yeah, that's fair. Kids are somehow always dirty, stinky and have sticky hands.

5.) Yup.

6.) Same as 2.

7.) Well, if you have a son they will most likely with you well into their twenties or even 30's in an economy like this one. If you have a daughter all you have to do it raise her Catholic and tell her that it is a sin to take BC pills. She will most likely get knocked up and married by her 18th birthday with a little persuasion from a shotgun.

8.) Choose wisely, you must.

9.) SHUT UP!

10.) Well, I don't do that anyway.

11.) Yup.

12.) If they are too much to handle after birth, you can always just make a meal of them.

I shall reply to your reply considering you took the effort to reply to my post and I didn't even read your reply till like 2minutes ago.

1) Stupid argument. Your kids are entirely different people... I don't even know who my dad's dad's dad is. Once you're dead and you're elevated to great granddad status you're as good as forgotten.
If people wish to be "immortal" so to speak, than they should do something memorable with their lives rather than popping out little bundles of shit.
ie: I'm going to be known as the first person to reach 1 trillion dollars as well as first Supreme Dictator of all the World.

2) If it's about enjoyment I can list many many many things more enjoyable than children for a fraction of the cost. I found an article that estimated the cost of raising a kid to 18 to be $250,000 (New Zealand, so like $160,000 us). $250K!!
Is the "enjoyment" you get from kids worth $250K? Fuck no it aint. Not to mention the stress and annoyance and effort.

3) Yes all are. Every single one. They have no sense of common curtsy.

8) But people are happily married one day, at each others throats the next.
You can't predict the future and what seems like a good idea now is not so much a bit later on.

9) $250,000

10) I don't sleep either, but I like to have the option.

12) OR you can just eat someone elses baby and save all the hassle.
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
02-10-2013, 07:42 AM
Yabut, homegrown food tastes better, and is better for you. Everyone knows that. Drinking Beverage

02-10-2013, 07:55 AM
(02-10-2013 07:42 AM)Dark Light Wrote:  Yabut, homegrown food tastes better, and is better for you. Everyone knows that. Drinking Beverage

Wonderful! I can just see the Organic Baby labels now...the price will go up.Drinking Beverage

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
[+] 3 users Like KidCharlemagne1962's post
02-10-2013, 08:32 AM
Lady RTS buys organic everything and complains that she doesn't have enough cash Sad

...and if you look at some of the labels a lot of them are blatantly misleading. 'Naturally derived' what is that? Just like softdrink containers 100% of the juice in this container is juice...but it's only 15% juice mind you.

[+] 1 user Likes ridethespiral's post
02-10-2013, 10:11 AM
(02-10-2013 08:32 AM)ridethespiral Wrote:  Lady RTS buys organic everything and complains that she doesn't have enough cash Sad

...and if you look at some of the labels a lot of them are blatantly misleading. 'Naturally derived' what is that? Just like softdrink containers 100% of the juice in this container is juice...but it's only 15% juice mind you.

Naturally derived is in contrast to supernaturally derived...you know, like Jesus Juice™. What's so misleading about that?

[+] 2 users Like Dark Light's post
02-10-2013, 10:43 AM
(02-10-2013 07:55 AM)KidCharlemagne1962 Wrote:  
(02-10-2013 07:42 AM)Dark Light Wrote:  Yabut, homegrown food tastes better, and is better for you. Everyone knows that. Drinking Beverage

Wonderful! I can just see the Organic Baby labels now...the price will go up.Drinking Beverage

A store we shop at sells organic baby powder and cotton balls....

Sorry...think that's just a fucking waste of energy and money.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 3 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
02-10-2013, 11:08 AM
(02-10-2013 10:43 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(02-10-2013 07:55 AM)KidCharlemagne1962 Wrote:  Wonderful! I can just see the Organic Baby labels now...the price will go up.Drinking Beverage

A store we shop at sells organic baby powder and cotton balls....

Sorry...think that's just a fucking waste of energy and money.

Baby powder is fucking talc.

It can't be organic... Unless rocks are organic...

... this is my signature!
[+] 1 user Likes cjlr's post