Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
02-10-2013, 11:12 AM
RE: Ranting corner
(02-10-2013 10:43 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  A store we shop at sells organic baby powder and cotton balls....

Yuck. I mean, I can see if you went hiking maybe... but seriously ? Fresh baby = better. What do you use the cotton balls for ?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-10-2013, 11:13 AM
(02-10-2013 11:08 AM)cjlr Wrote:  
(02-10-2013 10:43 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  A store we shop at sells organic baby powder and cotton balls....

Sorry...think that's just a fucking waste of energy and money.

Baby powder is fucking talc.

It can't be organic... Unless rocks are organic...

All powdered talc can be called baby powder, but not all baby powder uses talc as an ingredient.

02-10-2013, 11:55 AM
(02-10-2013 11:13 AM)Dark Light Wrote:  All powdered talc can be called baby powder, but not all baby powder uses talc as an ingredient.

Well, that's news to me. What else can it be made of?

... something organic, I presume?

... this is my signature!
02-10-2013, 03:46 PM
Sometimes... Late at night... I like to pretend I'm the Bionic Man.

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes BiffWellington's post
02-10-2013, 04:46 PM
(02-10-2013 11:55 AM)cjlr Wrote:  
(02-10-2013 11:13 AM)Dark Light Wrote:  All powdered talc can be called baby powder, but not all baby powder uses talc as an ingredient.

Well, that's news to me. What else can it be made of?

Cornstarch.
Some people can be very sensitive and even allergic to talc. Cornstarch will do essentially the same job. Drinking Beverage

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
02-10-2013, 04:51 PM
(02-10-2013 07:55 AM)KidCharlemagne1962 Wrote:  
(02-10-2013 07:42 AM)Dark Light Wrote:  Yabut, homegrown food tastes better, and is better for you. Everyone knows that. Drinking Beverage

Wonderful! I can just see the Organic Baby labels now...the price will go up.Drinking Beverage

I wonder if organic babies will be a different colour.
Like anyone that's owned chickens will tell you that fresh chicken eggs yolks are a lot darker than store bought battery hen eggs.
Or if there are any hunters out there in the mist, they will tell you that wild pig tastes a lot different to the pork chops from the super market.
Consider
02-10-2013, 04:51 PM
(02-10-2013 04:46 PM)kim Wrote:  
(02-10-2013 11:55 AM)cjlr Wrote:  Well, that's news to me. What else can it be made of?

Cornstarch.
Some people can be very sensitive and even allergic to talc. Cornstarch will do essentially the same job. Drinking Beverage

Just throw on a bit of baking flour, it'll be right.
02-10-2013, 07:03 PM
So my eftpos card declined (the card I used to access my bank account money.).
Now having done my budget for the week yesterday and knowing exactly what goes in and out of my account and knowing nothing is suppose to come out until Friday, and certainly not anything like the amount that was in there and consider what I was buying was only $5 I knew something was alof.
So, after an unsuccessful and slightly embarrassing and confusing moment at the grocery store, I come home to check my balance and low and behold I have absolutely $0.00 in my account. I went from exactly $80 to exactly $0.00... which will make life a little hard living for the next 5 days I suspect. Lucky I have an emergency $20 for situations such as this.

Suffice to say the bank is going to get a rather rude phone call in about half an hour as to why $80 in my account just vanished without a trace in half an hour as soon as my phone charges.
02-10-2013, 07:20 PM
Alof?

02-10-2013, 07:26 PM
aloft
astray
misplaced