Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
26-07-2012, 01:55 PM
RE: Ranting corner
Almost done with the damned patent application.
Man, this shit is harder than I remembered it being.Weeping

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post
26-07-2012, 06:33 PM
Signatures... another excuse to obsess over my Gwynnies all day. Big Grin Heart Tongue

living word
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like houseofcantor's post
26-07-2012, 11:11 PM (This post was last modified: 26-07-2012 11:27 PM by GirlyMan.)
(26-07-2012 04:31 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  ... which you cannot hold banks responsibly for people's actions.

The fuck I can't, if the bank knows I don't have the means to pay the loan, I'm holding it responsible for giving me the fucking loan. Its shareholders sure as fuck should.

#sigh
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
26-07-2012, 11:43 PM
(26-07-2012 11:11 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(26-07-2012 04:31 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  ... which you cannot hold banks responsibly for people's actions.

The fuck I can't, if the bank knows I don't have the means to pay the loan, I'm holding it responsible for giving me the fucking loan. Its shareholders sure as fuck should.

But why are you taking a loan you can't afford? That's just bad fiscal responsibility.

What about a super market, you have a certain food budget each week, and when you're doing your shopping you buy a chocolate bar, pushing you a little bit over your budget. Is it the super markets fault you then went over your budget? No. It's your responsibility.
26-07-2012, 11:59 PM (This post was last modified: 27-07-2012 12:12 AM by GirlyMan.)
(26-07-2012 11:43 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(26-07-2012 11:11 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  The fuck I can't, if the bank knows I don't have the means to pay the loan, I'm holding it responsible for giving me the fucking loan. Its shareholders sure as fuck should.

But why are you taking a loan you can't afford? That's just bad fiscal responsibility

The fuck muffinears, I ain't talking about me. I got a fucking credit score > 800. Bank is sure I not only have the means to pay off the loan but will do it. Second house just means maybe my weed ain't as exotic as I might otherwise like. ... Fuckers were giving interest-only loans on overpriced properties to borrowers incapable of sustaining payments over the long term and taking them to the bank. That's what fucked up the housing market.

#sigh
27-07-2012, 12:17 AM
(26-07-2012 11:59 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(26-07-2012 11:43 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  But why are you taking a loan you can't afford? That's just bad fiscal responsibility

The fuck muffinears, I ain't talking about me. I got a fucking credit score > 800. Bank is sure I not only have the means to pay off the loan but will do it. Second house just means maybe my weed ain't as exotic as I might otherwise like. ... Fuckers were giving interest-only loans on overpriced properties to borrowers incapable of sustaining payments over the long term and taking them to the bank. That's what fucked up the housing market.

I know not you, I mean just people in general.
Sure they may have been giving dodgy loans, but still, it's on the person signing at the dotted line.
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
27-07-2012, 12:37 AM
(27-07-2012 12:17 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Sure they may have been giving dodgy loans, but still, it's on the person signing at the dotted line.

It is, but a desperate person looking for a place to stay couldn't give less of a shit about your dotted line.

#sigh
27-07-2012, 03:30 AM
(27-07-2012 12:37 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(27-07-2012 12:17 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Sure they may have been giving dodgy loans, but still, it's on the person signing at the dotted line.

It is, but a desperate person looking for a place to stay couldn't give less of a shit about your dotted line.

Those people are not the problem (well weren't the problem) it's the people who take out a second, third mortgage on their house to buy a second, third property.

People in your situation likely have nothing to begin with, so if they sign the contract, default and lose the house they're just where they started.
27-07-2012, 04:18 AM
My country has no money for anything, the new government is all against spending unneeded money on anything and yet they opened up a new government agency, with 5 directors and now they are buying 5 limousines with leather interior, heated seats, aluminium rims, and parking sensors. Every car - around 40000-50000 dollars.

They also say how these cars have been chosen because they wanted safety for the passengers. Aluminium rims, heated seats and parking sensors are for safety? WTF?!

Not only that those cars are not needed and overpriced, but the whole agency is just made up to give "jobs" to "their" people, you know, the politically correct personnel. Unfortunately, there was no mention of the brand of the cars they are buying, but I suspect it could be Audi A6, or something in that class.

Recession? What's that?

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
27-07-2012, 10:00 AM
I hate how my pineapple juice is all the way upstairs and I'm all the way downstairs.
;(