Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
07-10-2013, 09:51 AM
RE: Ranting corner
Ever had Live Wire Mountain Dew? That's my favorite...orange flavored.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
07-10-2013, 09:56 AM
(07-10-2013 09:51 AM)Anjele Wrote:  Ever had Live Wire Mountain Dew? That's my favorite...orange flavored.

I haven't tried that one. Haven't dared. I take it you are recommending it.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-10-2013, 09:58 AM
I like it, it's hard to find sometimes (says the woman married to, and mother of, men that make it). I don't care for regular Mountain Dew. I love orange flavor.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
07-10-2013, 10:15 AM
I absolutely hate this cultural idea that servers need to be tipped 20%.

I understand why Americans feel they should tip them; they usually get paid less than minimum wage and have to rely on tips to make up the difference.

But in Canada, servers are paid very well. Minimum wage in Ontario is $10.25, but it is typical for a server to get paid $14-16/hour. That's around 40-60% above minimum wage. They get paid better than most people they serve.

There should be no requirement to pay someone 20% of your bill just for doing the job they already get paid to do. I like to even out my bill, by adding a dollar and change or so to it. I tip, but it's a small tip. Apparently that is unacceptable.

Yes, I'm such a bad person, tipping such small amounts. Me, the guy who never made more than $10 an hour and who is unemployed.

Oh, I'm so sad for you, only getting $16 an hour, employed full-time with health and dental insurance...

Grow up.

If something can be destroyed by the truth, it might be worth destroying.

[Image: ZcC2kGl.png]
[+] 3 users Like Elesjei's post
07-10-2013, 10:36 AM
(07-10-2013 10:15 AM)Elesjei Wrote:  I absolutely hate this cultural idea that servers need to be tipped 20%.

I understand why Americans feel they should tip them; they usually get paid less than minimum wage and have to rely on tips to make up the difference.

But in Canada, servers are paid very well. Minimum wage in Ontario is $10.25, but it is typical for a server to get paid $14-16/hour. That's around 40-60% above minimum wage. They get paid better than most people they serve.

There should be no requirement to pay someone 20% of your bill just for doing the job they already get paid to do. I like to even out my bill, by adding a dollar and change or so to it. I tip, but it's a small tip. Apparently that is unacceptable.

Yes, I'm such a bad person, tipping such small amounts. Me, the guy who never made more than $10 an hour and who is unemployed.

Oh, I'm so sad for you, only getting $16 an hour, employed full-time with health and dental insurance...

Grow up.

I'm totally with you on that. I pay what I owe, that is all. I couldn't afford any more anyway.

Frankie de la Cunto
07-10-2013, 10:40 AM
(07-10-2013 10:36 AM)frankiej Wrote:  I'm totally with you on that. I pay what I owe, that is all. I couldn't afford any more anyway.

You also live in a country where servers are paid at least minimum wage, that's probably why.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
07-10-2013, 10:42 AM
(07-10-2013 10:40 AM)Hughsie Wrote:  
(07-10-2013 10:36 AM)frankiej Wrote:  I'm totally with you on that. I pay what I owe, that is all. I couldn't afford any more anyway.

You also live in a country where servers are paid at least minimum wage, that's probably why.

Yes, that too... but it is more about me being poor as shit. Tongue

Frankie de la Cunto
07-10-2013, 11:29 AM
Re: Ranting corner
Fucking hospitals.
07-10-2013, 11:44 AM
(07-10-2013 10:15 AM)Elesjei Wrote:  I absolutely hate this cultural idea that servers need to be tipped 20%.

Grow up.

I see where you're coming from, but most servers are getting about minimum wage with few to no benefits, or working some serious part time. Not that that's directly related.

I'm fine with the concept of tipping, but only for actually exceptional service, or something not strictly an employee's duty.

Surely it's an employer's job to fairly compensate employees? Crazy talk, I know. I don't tip every person I deal with just for doing their job. What makes the exceptions any different?

(not that I can complain too strenuously; selling christmas trees was the best job I ever had, in part due to the mad tips we'd get...)

... this is my signature!
[+] 1 user Likes cjlr's post
07-10-2013, 11:57 AM
I walked five miles yesterday and I'm at school and my legs are killing me and I hate school and I hate the people here because they all had worse accents than me and all they talk about is football and nobody has attractive personalities and some people smell bad and people wear camo and I just HATE ALABAMA