Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
13-01-2012, 07:34 PM
RE: Ranting corner
(13-01-2012 07:30 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(13-01-2012 06:20 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(13-01-2012 04:47 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Beginning of December, I wrote a letter to my payee outlining my pending change of residency; just now, I get a check in the mail. I have a certain identity on this forum; out of many possible descriptors for said identity, do I hear... meek? restrained? apprehensive?

I'm a felon and a psychopath; what is most unforgivable in this real world is poverty by choice.I am exactly what I say I am; necessitating a whole lotta Not Saying, I've only talked to the payee three times during the interim as mine is the moral certainty of the Living Word of Gwynnite. "Talk it out" in such a case equates to "allow emotional context to program a self-destruct sequence" where i hang up the phone, put my shoes on; walk six miles down the road and into the headlines of senseless sensationalism. I can be spun into long term advantage, being tried for pre-meditated murder - oh yeah, my Gwynnies ain't smiling - but favorable odds out the back end fueled by continual degradation and depreciation of my social standing so close to my intake valve - hi octane additive to an extant unstable cost/benefit analysis...

Which summates into chocolate indulgence and the feeling of being "high" from the release of accumulated stressor potentials...

Now i go away; buy a plane ticket, maybe...
Johnny, aren't you supposed to be shackin' up with Chas pretty soon? Big Grin

This is going to be a test of the effectiveness of a restraining order.Dodgy

If it didn't work for Gwynnies, why do you think you're so special? Big Grin

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-01-2012, 10:53 PM
(13-01-2012 07:34 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(13-01-2012 07:30 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(13-01-2012 06:20 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(13-01-2012 04:47 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Beginning of December, I wrote a letter to my payee outlining my pending change of residency; just now, I get a check in the mail. I have a certain identity on this forum; out of many possible descriptors for said identity, do I hear... meek? restrained? apprehensive?

I'm a felon and a psychopath; what is most unforgivable in this real world is poverty by choice.I am exactly what I say I am; necessitating a whole lotta Not Saying, I've only talked to the payee three times during the interim as mine is the moral certainty of the Living Word of Gwynnite. "Talk it out" in such a case equates to "allow emotional context to program a self-destruct sequence" where i hang up the phone, put my shoes on; walk six miles down the road and into the headlines of senseless sensationalism. I can be spun into long term advantage, being tried for pre-meditated murder - oh yeah, my Gwynnies ain't smiling - but favorable odds out the back end fueled by continual degradation and depreciation of my social standing so close to my intake valve - hi octane additive to an extant unstable cost/benefit analysis...

Which summates into chocolate indulgence and the feeling of being "high" from the release of accumulated stressor potentials...

Now i go away; buy a plane ticket, maybe...
Johnny, aren't you supposed to be shackin' up with Chas pretty soon? Big Grin

This is going to be a test of the effectiveness of a restraining order.Dodgy

If it didn't work for Gwynnies, why do you think you're so special? Big Grin

Preaching the hate and discontent... some things never change. Big Grin

Reminds me to move my meetup base from Phoenix to Worcester. I don't plan on spending much time here because I'm going out in the field. The time for restraining orders has long since past. The Gwynnite Agenda has a life of its own, and I'm just along for the ride. Big Grin

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
17-01-2012, 12:08 AM
my new meet-up

See how them preachers do it? Get the congregation all stirred up and bloodthirsty and shit... Big Grin

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
17-01-2012, 12:25 AM
(17-01-2012 12:08 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  my new meet-up

See how them preachers do it? Get the congregation all stirred up and bloodthirsty and shit... Big Grin

Gwynnies bless you, my son.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
17-01-2012, 09:46 AM

Why do people take 'relationships' with two people of different ages so seriously, when there isn't even a relationship in the first place?
Quote this message in a reply
17-01-2012, 10:00 AM
(17-01-2012 09:46 AM)insidemyownmind Wrote:  Why do people take 'relationships' with two people of different ages so seriously, when there isn't even a relationship in the first place?

How to express this one? When two people of significantly different ages interact. People get the funny idea that something "more" is going on or the older person is taking advantage of the younger one. Such thoughts are founded on paranoia. Given that there have been cases of such things but that is not always the case. I would like to say that people are acting in a protective manor but it's usually just foolishness.

NEW AND IMPROVED!
Twice the anger, Half the space!
17-01-2012, 10:03 AM

(17-01-2012 10:00 AM)Hamata k Wrote:  How to express this one? When two people of significantly different ages interact. People get the funny idea that something "more" is going on or the older person is taking advantage of the younger one. Such thoughts are founded on paranoia. Given that there have been cases of such things but that is not always the case. I would like to say that people are acting in a protective manor but it's usually just foolishness.

What if people are judging the 'relationship' and they have absolutely no clue about what is going on? Sometimes it's the young one taking advantage... Not all older folks take advantage of the younger species.
Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes insidemyownmind's post
17-01-2012, 10:55 AM
Why can't people keep their personal lives personal? Are they so starved for attention? Bringing your dirty laundry put for all to see is irritating.

Also what is it about doctors that makes the patient cringe? Is it the lack of dignity given to the subject or the uderlying psychopath we all know doctors are? We can sense it. Anyone who is willin to cut people up with a smile on their face can't be right in the head. But we bear it because yet help us. Acceptable insanity I tell ya.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like lucradis's post
17-01-2012, 12:58 PM
(17-01-2012 10:03 AM)insidemyownmind Wrote:  
(17-01-2012 10:00 AM)Hamata k Wrote:  How to express this one? When two people of significantly different ages interact. People get the funny idea that something "more" is going on or the older person is taking advantage of the younger one. Such thoughts are founded on paranoia. Given that there have been cases of such things but that is not always the case. I would like to say that people are acting in a protective manor but it's usually just foolishness.

What if people are judging the 'relationship' and they have absolutely no clue about what is going on? Sometimes it's the young one taking advantage... Not all older folks take advantage of the younger species.

AHA! But you forget one crucial factor. People are stupid and prone to foolish thoughts. Do you honestly expect everyone to rationally think about everything? If the stereotype is there then most people will follow it.
I suspect that this is either your problem or someone you know is having this problem. If this is so then heed my words. You cannot change their opinions by yourself. There is but one thing that will do such a thing. Time. Give it time. They will forget about the relationship or whatever it is, eventually.

NEW AND IMPROVED!
Twice the anger, Half the space!
[+] 1 user Likes Hamata k's post
17-01-2012, 01:17 PM
(17-01-2012 12:08 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  my new meet-up

So, a perfect storm is heading for the East Coast of the USA. Will we survive? Shy

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.