Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
16-10-2013, 04:53 PM
RE: Ranting corner
Yeah...just like all those those college boys. Chasing hot women so they can become 'friends'. Rolleyes

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-10-2013, 07:52 AM
I'm going for a walk, it's 3am so if you never hear from me again assume I've been brutally stabbed to death by gang youth.

[Image: oscar.png]
17-10-2013, 07:56 AM
Please send an update upon your safe return.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
17-10-2013, 08:57 AM
As for life choices that was one of my less better ones.
Not because I just walked for 40minutes uphill but because now it's 4am and I really want a fucking shower but at the same time I'm a nice person so don't want to wake my flatmates.
I see why people do this exercise thing in the afternoon or in the morning now.

I tell you what though, it's bloody good incentive to not drink vanilla coke. No fucking way I'm undoing all that work by drinking 2 cups of fucking coke. Where'd I put that water?

[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
17-10-2013, 09:55 AM
Did you walk to a gym?

Seriously, if you want to lose fat, just walking an hour a day isn't gonna do much. I'd suggest swimming, or bicycle riding, or rowing machine or something. Of course running is good for you as well, but it ain't all about running. Don't ruin your joints. If you really want to lose weight and get in shape quick I've seen folks do it on Insanity. I saw a man lose about 150 lbs in about 7 months on that program.

17-10-2013, 11:16 AM
I'm not wanting to lose fat, I wanna get fitter for when I go to Europe in 2015. Because I figured I'm not gonna have my motorbike and so are actually going to have walk distances longer than from my room to the fridge and back. Plus I'm bored as fuck and need something to focus on.

I walked around the block basically. I live on the side of a mountain so hills are inevitable.
I think you under estimate walking an hour a day. Then again you haven't seen the hills around here, that shit is vertical.
Besides, I'm dead poor so can't afford a gym membership, a bicycle (trust me, I'd love to ride a push bike all day if I had one) etc.. hell, I can't even afford a decent pair of fucking running shows, I gotta do this shit in my DC's. Oh and I don't have any socks so..
We work with what we have.

But don't worry. I've researched this shit for the last week, I know what I'm doing, I don't need some douche on a DVD to yell at me.

[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
17-10-2013, 12:12 PM
It's fantastic you are walking, Muffy - it will help you when you go to Europe. Thumbsup

Health tips
Apples = energy, filling, and a shit load of antioxidants - very cost effective
Socks = healthy skin & nails - in other words, helps prevent fungus & foot odor

Assuming your treks become longer in the coming months, the gradual build up will provide a more natural transition for your body. Just that little extra push each time will improve your stamina greatly. It's a great focus for the mind and it could also help modify your food intake, as you've already discovered.

Speaking of your coke addiction; jump off that horse while you can - you already know your kidneys can't take it.

Hmm... 2015... Consider by then, you'll be pretty buff.
I might plan on running into you on your trek about Europe... just for a look. Wink

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
17-10-2013, 12:19 PM
(17-10-2013 08:57 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  As for life choices that was one of my less better ones.
Not because I just walked for 40minutes uphill but because now it's 4am and I really want a fucking shower but at the same time I'm a nice person so don't want to wake my flatmates.
I see why people do this exercise thing in the afternoon or in the morning now.

I tell you what though, it's bloody good incentive to not drink vanilla coke. No fucking way I'm undoing all that work by drinking 2 cups of fucking coke. Where'd I put that water?

Oh sack up and get over it.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
17-10-2013, 03:31 PM
Illness is such a drag.
I'm on the back side of it now and feel great, in fact but, I still have to stay down and not over do it.
Holy shit - yesterday I was sooooo relieved to stay in bed all day. I really stacked up the Zs.
Now, I can not wait to go to work.
I'm
So.
Fucking.
BORED.
Dodgy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
17-10-2013, 04:24 PM
One of the down sides of power walking and jogging is having to get undressed, shower, re dressed etc after sweating, perhaps profusely.
What I do sometimes is incorporate a long jog or power walk with my general activitie, replacing public transport. As smelly perspiration may be an off putting problem, I use an abundance of deodorant. That of course leaves a stickiness problem, but not in summer as one can lay in the sun and dry quiet quickly. Bathing togs under street clothes is always an option. Winter time is trickier.
Where there's a will there's away.......Consider