Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
29-07-2012, 10:56 AM
RE: Ranting corner
(29-07-2012 10:32 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Well, given the name of this thread... may I suggest 6 days of ranting? Gotta be good for your soul. Right?

Ha - I sometimes feel like life itself is one big rant. Wink

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-07-2012, 08:13 PM
(29-07-2012 08:08 AM)Anjele Wrote:  
(29-07-2012 07:28 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Funny sheets should be the current topic I just came on here to mention sheets.

So I just finished making my bed and I purposely miss-matched my sheets. Why I hear you ask?
Because it will drive my flatmates insane. Seriously, they're really fickle like that. At the start of the year we all got these air freshener things for all our rooms. I liked the blue one so I grabbed that one.. NOOOOOOOOOO apparently I wasn't allowed the blue one, I HAD to have the green one as it was matching and we couldn't have different sents for different parts of the house...

It drives them nuts that I don't clean my windows, which is why I don't clean my windows.

It's the little things.

Mismatched sheets AND air fresheners...oh the horror! You are such a rebel. Big Grin

Doll face, you have no idea. *chews straw*

So I talked to the bank about a deposit on 'my new home' for next year.
I had worked out rates, worked out insurance, hell I even worked out the extra petrol (next to nothing, other side of town but equal distance between there and university as here to university).
I had it all figured out. With no money down I could have afforded it, so I was hoping for a 10% deposit (The limit of my money gathering capabilities) when I walked in.
They pulled the manager out of his meeting to talk to me (because I'm special like that), I told him the situation and asked about what sort of deposit I'm looking at, he said 5% is minimum. 5% WOOOOOOOOOO!!! Looking like I'm gonna own my own home before I turn 22, how exciting. We got talking a bit more about rates, insurance etc.. showing him how I could easily afford this each week.
BUT.
And there is always that but...
He asked what sort of place it was that I was looking at. A 1bedroom, 1bathroom apartment I said. "ooooooooooo" he said, oh oh not good. 50% is the minimum we do for such a small place...

FFFFFFFFFFAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[Image: fuuuuuuuuuuuu-s516x399-70813.jpg]

He was Indian, I should have fucking known it was too good to be true.
FML.
29-07-2012, 08:18 PM
I thought you were gonna get a house?

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
29-07-2012, 08:27 PM
(29-07-2012 08:18 PM)kim Wrote:  I thought you were gonna get a house?

Sure if it's as cheap as the apartment thing I was looking at but getting a house, as in a free standing house on a bit of land, for just over $100k is extremely unlikely.
29-07-2012, 08:31 PM
(29-07-2012 08:27 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(29-07-2012 08:18 PM)kim Wrote:  I thought you were gonna get a house?

Sure if it's as cheap as the apartment thing I was looking at but getting a house, as in a free standing house on a bit of land, for just over $100k is extremely unlikely.

Oh, I see. Keep checking, though. Consider You might have to go further out from where you desire... but you never know.

Check the obituaries... something might come to mind. Thumbsup

29-07-2012, 08:39 PM
Nah I doubt it. The dream will have to wait.

The place I was looking at was in the student flat section of town, it was 25m squared and was cheap even for that.
The next priced place, which was smaller, was 38K more expensive.
Actual houses you're looking at 4 times that price which is just way over my budget.
29-07-2012, 08:48 PM
Well... no need to get tied into a house anyway .. not at your age.... not just yet. It can become a burden.

Best to do some living and get some milage on you; see a bit of the world.... then do the house thing. You've got time on your side. Thumbsup

29-07-2012, 11:01 PM
Grrr I friggin hate it when people just stand on escalators. Its not a ride, its not designed to give your ass a break, its there to expediate travel between floors. The whole reason for their existence is to be faster than stairs, but instead they just become a bottleneck of lazy people stealing precious seconds from my life.

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet I will end you.
[+] 2 users Like Pavlov's_Ape's post
30-07-2012, 03:44 AM
Why are hairdressers so retarded?! I went into a hairdresser recently, and had my hair styled the way I usually had it. These are the exact words I said, "I like my hair is now, I just want it shorter." Simply right? She said ok and starting cutting. It looked like fucking shit when she was finished, and nothing the way I wanted it! I actually felt like asking her was she retarded. When I wake up in the morning I
have serious bed hed. Hair is crazy and pieces are sticking up everywhere. This was what the hairdresser did to my hair. "I just want it shorter" How hard can that be?!

This is the same for pretty much everyone of them. Never, and I mean never have I been happy with the way they did it. I am not even asking for anything complicated, but every time it looks stupid when they are finished.
[+] 1 user Likes Magoo's post
30-07-2012, 05:30 AM
(30-07-2012 03:44 AM)Magoo Wrote:  Why are hairdressers so retarded?! I went into a hairdresser recently, and had my hair styled the way I usually had it. These are the exact words I said, "I like my hair is now, I just want it shorter." Simply right? She said ok and starting cutting. It looked like fucking shit when she was finished, and nothing the way I wanted it! I actually felt like asking her was she retarded. When I wake up in the morning I
have serious bed hed. Hair is crazy and pieces are sticking up everywhere. This was what the hairdresser did to my hair. "I just want it shorter" How hard can that be?!

This is the same for pretty much everyone of them. Never, and I mean never have I been happy with the way they did it. I am not even asking for anything complicated, but every time it looks stupid when they are finished.

Well, what do you expect? That is why they are not professors of astrophysics, but hairdressers. Get it?

And that is one of the reasons I use this:
[Image: TN1110F0.jpg]
and I cut my hair all by myself. Or a friend of mine cuts it. Last time I was at hairdresser, I told her I want the most classic A1 type of haircut, you know, that soldier one, where you just take the machine and cut everything on the same length? After she was finished, I had to use my machine and go over my whole head one more time to even it all up. This is not the first time, but it may very well be the last.

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson