Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
21-10-2013, 04:33 PM
RE: Ranting corner
(21-10-2013 04:24 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  You youngsters and your programming woes. Back in the day Girly had to write his program on punchcards and then deliver them to the IBM 360 lady for job submission ... in 3 feet of snow ... with no shoes. Nowadays Girly programs by cut-and-paste from stackoverflow like all the cool kids do. It ain't plagiarism if nobody's claiming copyright. SOFTWARE SHOULD BE FREE! So saith Che Stroustrup. Big Grin

Don't look at me, I don't give a fuck mostly. But when it's a learning exercise I can't respect a dude who doesn't do his own shit shovelling. Besides this is whinge and moan corner so stop being so bloody zen Hobo

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-10-2013, 04:45 PM
(21-10-2013 04:24 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  You youngsters and your programming woes. Back in the day Girly had to write his program on punchcards and then deliver them to the IBM 360 lady for job submission ... in 3 feet of snow ... with no shoes. Nowadays Girly programs by cut-and-paste from stackoverflow like all the cool kids do. It ain't plagiarism if nobody's claiming copyright. SOFTWARE SHOULD BE FREE! So saith Che Stroustrup. Big Grin

Thusly? Blink

[Image: michael_sadler_barefoot_winter.jpg]

My aunt used to work at some sort of institution here that had those punch-card, room-big computers (no, she ain't a programmer). And yeah, we did have them in this communist-ridden, piss poor Eastern European country, thank you very much Dodgy

(21-10-2013 04:33 PM)morondog Wrote:  I don't give a fuck

Well, there must be takers for....

Jesus, didn't take me long to go back to my vomit old ways, did it? Sadcryface

Think I've stayed home long enough. Time to go travelling again. See ya in another three months.

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
[+] 3 users Like Vera's post
21-10-2013, 04:56 PM
(21-10-2013 04:45 PM)Vera Wrote:  Thusly? Blink

Add a hundred pounds and a badass beard and then yes. Big Grin

(21-10-2013 04:33 PM)morondog Wrote:  Don't look at me, I don't give a fuck mostly. But when it's a learning exercise I can't respect a dude who doesn't do his own shit shovelling. Besides this is whinge and moan corner so stop being so bloody zen Hobo

Dude's only hurting himself, no skin off your scrotum. Wink

#sigh
21-10-2013, 05:01 PM (This post was last modified: 21-10-2013 05:05 PM by ridethespiral.)
So annoying, strings always ruin my day.. regex sucks balls, the syntax is so nonsensical. I usually use an expression generator like http://txt2re.com.. Lots of neat regex abstraction libraries on git now too.

21-10-2013, 05:02 PM
(21-10-2013 04:56 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Add a hundred pounds and a badass beard and then yes.

How 'bout a tutu instead of a beard?

[Image: caspsot.com-big-fat-hairy-man-in-pink-tu...tu-003.jpg]

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
[+] 2 users Like Vera's post
21-10-2013, 05:04 PM (This post was last modified: 21-10-2013 05:13 PM by GirlyMan.)
(21-10-2013 05:02 PM)Vera Wrote:  
(21-10-2013 04:56 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Add a hundred pounds and a badass beard and then yes.

How 'bout a tutu instead of a beard?

[Image: caspsot.com-big-fat-hairy-man-in-pink-tu...tu-003.jpg]

That looks about right. ... Fuck, I can't be sure that ain't me. Weeping

(21-10-2013 05:01 PM)ridethespiral Wrote:  So annoying, strings always ruin my day.. regex sucks balls. I usually use an expression generator like http://txt2re.com.. Lots of neat regex abstraction libraries on git now too.

Every time I need to use regular expressions I have to look up the syntax all over again. That shit just ain't worth trying to memorize. Tongue

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
21-10-2013, 07:07 PM
(21-10-2013 04:45 PM)Vera Wrote:  

Thusly? Blink

[Image: michael_sadler_barefoot_winter.jpg]

Except that that's about five centimetres of snow, and three feet is about twenty times that much, sure.

... this is my signature!
22-10-2013, 06:05 AM
I saved $5 this week.
Fuck I'm awesome.

[Image: oscar.png]
22-10-2013, 06:19 AM
(22-10-2013 06:05 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  I saved $5 this week.
Fuck I'm awesome.

What is the dollar to coconut exchange rate?

[+] 1 user Likes Dark Light's post
22-10-2013, 06:24 AM
We don't even grow coconuts here... Dodgy

[Image: oscar.png]