Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
01-11-2013, 09:01 AM
RE: Ranting corner
OK, get this...

Mongolian authorities, to stem the alcohol problem, have declared that on the first day of each month, no retail outlet can sell alcohol.

Also, no longer can they be open 24/7 (as opposed to e.g. Singapore that just doesn't sell alcohol after 10pm but does not actually close the shop for other stuff).

I guess they haven't realised that the best way to change behaviour is not through policy but through pricing.

Thank fuck they don't have a hooker problem or I would be having a very tedious Friday night.

Dodgy

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post
01-11-2013, 12:02 PM
DLJ, I heard a rumor there's this thing called "planning ahead." Tongue

Of course I have no personal experience in such matters. In other news: did you know the dangers of reading? Got me the Mass Effect novels, which gave me a hankering to play ME2 again, but then I was like, "damn, I need a TV..."

[Image: 1393294_493834654049043_151477552_n.jpg]

...and now I'm brokestick jokestick. Sad

[Image: ZF1ZJ4M.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like houseofcantor's post
01-11-2013, 04:06 PM
My cat just gave me a static shock.
I don't get how, but she tried to sniff me (she has to sniff people before she will happily let them touch her, almost as if she relies on scent rather than sight, my other day doesn't do the sniffing thing though) and as soon as her nose was close to my arm, my arm hurt a tad and a little static crack rang.

Cat's are evil.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
01-11-2013, 05:58 PM
(01-11-2013 12:02 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  DLJ, I heard a rumor there's this thing called "planning ahead." Tongue

Of course I have no personal experience in such matters. In other news: did you know the dangers of reading? Got me the Mass Effect novels, which gave me a hankering to play ME2 again, but then I was like, "damn, I need a TV..."

Read the first book, it was meh. Nothing compares to the plot of ME1, I could wander the citadel and read codex for hours.

ME1 = Adept
ME2/3 = Sentinel

Adept in ME1 was probably the most fun I've ever had in an RPG.....especially second play through with the sniper riffle or assault riffle.

[+] 1 user Likes ridethespiral's post
01-11-2013, 07:19 PM
(01-11-2013 09:01 AM)DLJ Wrote:  OK, get this...

Mongolian authorities, to stem the alcohol problem, have declared that on the first day of each month, no retail outlet can sell alcohol.

Also, no longer can they be open 24/7 (as opposed to e.g. Singapore that just doesn't sell alcohol after 10pm but does not actually close the shop for other stuff).

I guess they haven't realised that the best way to change behaviour is not through policy but through pricing.

Thank fuck they don't have a hooker problem or I would be having a very tedious Friday night.

Dodgy

It is a third world country, what did you expect?

Quote: DLJ, I heard a rumor there's this thing called "planning ahead." Tongue

Image has been scaled down 38% (600x449). Click this bar to view original image (960x717). Click image to open in new window.

Nice, what is that, 42"?, 50"? 21" just up real close to the camera to make it look big?

[Image: oscar.png]
02-11-2013, 12:13 AM
(01-11-2013 07:19 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Nice, what is that, 42"?, 50"? 21" just up real close to the camera to make it look big?

George is kind of monster sized and that looks nearly as big as him.

I'm thinking of saving up for just such an item. I'm gonna consider it an "investment" - it should keep me off the streets. Shy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
02-11-2013, 12:21 AM
(02-11-2013 12:13 AM)kim Wrote:  
(01-11-2013 07:19 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Nice, what is that, 42"?, 50"? 21" just up real close to the camera to make it look big?

I'm thinking of saving up for just such an item. I'm gonna consider it an "investment" - it should keep me off the streets. Shy

That would be too large for me.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

02-11-2013, 01:27 AM
(02-11-2013 12:13 AM)kim Wrote:  

Well you know what they (and by they I mean me) say (and by say I mean just this once right now), "a big television will stop the heroin invasion." - Earmuffs.

Words to live by right there.

Quote:That would be too large for me.

No such thing love.

In other news I cut my ass. There's now a 4 inch gash on my ass that was spilling out blood, butt (lol pun) the bleeding seems to have blocked up (lol pun) for the time being.
It was a literal pain in my ass.. Dodgy

As for how I did it, well suffice to say I'm on chair number 3 for this year.

[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
02-11-2013, 06:46 AM

39" LED. Thumbsup Had to strap it to the table because the thing is pretty light, and George, not so much.

[Image: ZF1ZJ4M.jpg]
02-11-2013, 08:47 AM
Nice. TV's have certainly come a long way since I was a wee lad. I remember back in the day a 39" would weight like a thousand tons, be the size of a small elephant and only fit through doors on a really weird awkward angel.