Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
04-11-2013, 02:35 PM
RE: Ranting corner
(04-11-2013 02:33 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(04-11-2013 02:23 PM)kim Wrote:  I've had horse - it is quite lean and fairly tasty. I think I would enjoy the taste of camel meat. It's a working animal so I'm thinking certain cuts would be texturally better than others.

Interestingly, Australia is being overrun with feral camels - it's become quite a problem. I think if you went there and hunted down your own and had a cook out , it would be just fine with them. Shy

"feral camels" Laughat

I could try gator and kangaroo while I'm over there.

There's nothing interesting to eat here. We only have native birds and they're all endangered.

Gators are good.

Kangaroos...Consider

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-11-2013, 02:44 PM
(04-11-2013 02:28 PM)KidCharlemagne1962 Wrote:  I have horse meat and it was fairly tasty. I would definitley try camel.

But would you walk a mile for a camel?

[Image: 4084.JPG]

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
04-11-2013, 03:33 PM
I've eaten all sorts of weird animals. Some are better than others. Never seen Kangaroo meat for sell anywhere though. I'd give it a go.

04-11-2013, 03:40 PM
(04-11-2013 02:35 PM)KidCharlemagne1962 Wrote:  Gators are good.

Kangaroos...Consider

Barf. I have had gator one time and that was entirely enough. Sadcryface
It tasted like slimy dirt to me and was kind of tough. I don't know if I just got a bad batch or if it had to do with how it was cooked but, I wouldn't take a chance on trying it again. It really did leave a shit taste in my mouth.

Kangaroo... I don't know Consider ... I suppose they would taste ok. I would certainly try it if offered. Never having lived around them, I don't know what they are like; deer, maybe? They seem fairly muscular and quite fit... like deer. Deer tastes good.

All this "meat talk" from a vegetarian might seem a bit odd... but as Muffy said, "When in Rome..." Wink

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
04-11-2013, 03:43 PM
Usually after a speedball ...
[Image: 4084.JPG]

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
04-11-2013, 05:46 PM
(04-11-2013 02:35 PM)KidCharlemagne1962 Wrote:  
(04-11-2013 02:33 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  "feral camels" Laughat

I could try gator and kangaroo while I'm over there.

There's nothing interesting to eat here. We only have native birds and they're all endangered.

Gators are good.

Kangaroos...Consider

I think I'd be nervous to eat gator. I mean I would try it and I wanna try it but..
I've never tried reptile before. There's something easy about eating a mammal I think, probably because I eat cow/lamb/pig/babies all the time, even odd ones like camels or horse. Bird's the same. Eat chicken all the time, so it's not biggy to progress to emu. But reptile... ehhhh it's a little scary to think about. I imagine it as sort of slimy, bit sour maybe, a bit chewy, squishy.. it just doesn't seem appealing. But I still wanna try it so I can say I've tried it.

[Image: oscar.png]
04-11-2013, 06:00 PM
Croc, snake, turtle, ostrich, kangeroo, horse... all good.

Shark, tiger and panda... the best. As they say "When in China..." Wink

04-11-2013, 06:02 PM
Alligator and ostrich...I am not terribly adventurous with food.

Of course there was that stuff we called mystery meat that they served at Catholic school...that and chicken embryo soup. GACK!

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
04-11-2013, 06:04 PM
They eat tiger and panda???
God damn, no wonder they're endangered... Dodgy

I tried coconut crab while in Vanuatu.
[Image: coconut-crab.jpg]

I think it was "illegal" but than again I brought my first beer there too, and I went there when I was 13...

[Image: oscar.png]
04-11-2013, 06:34 PM
Had an argument with an ex boyfriend. The argument was typical. "I hate you" this, "You piece of crap" that. I won't go into much detail, but I do want to quote a part of the argument that kind of caught me off guard... and by "off guard", I mean it literally hit my in the face. But not in the "Wow, that hurt" kind of hit to the face, but the "What the fuck did I even read that right?" hit to the face.

To summarize the "relationship" with said ex boyfriend, shit was crazy. Blink

To summarize the argument with said ex boyfriend, like all of our arguments from the past, he is very emotional. But this.... this was a little much.

Quote:Now it's my fucking turn to finally let hatred out. Compared to you, I'm a fucking God. All I ever tried to do was help you.

Blink

What?