Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
09-11-2013, 12:25 PM
RE: Ranting corner
(09-11-2013 12:21 PM)Lightvader Wrote:  Ferdi,shake as in ........?

Get them to leave you alone/Forget about them.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-11-2013, 12:55 PM
(09-11-2013 12:17 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  Ever met someone that you just cannot seem to shake? The dark cloud has, once a-fucking-gain, entered my life just to rain on me more. No

That sucks Ferdi...I am married to my dark cloud...it never goes away. Weeping

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
09-11-2013, 02:09 PM
Does anyone else remember the days when YouTube videos didn't always begin and end with advertisements in the video itself, and the content creator begging for money?

Don't post a 3 minute video where 2 minutes are you asking for donations! If you want to advertise, restrict the begging to a couple seconds at the end or beginning of the video and the "about" panel. I know it takes time and money to create stuff, but here's the thing: you spend most of your video asking for money to make videos, and that makes it seem as though you only need the money because you spend so much time asking for it! Animate one minute of video, then animate two minutes asking for money to cover the cost of animating the first minute? Seriously?

So many of my YT subscriptions have gone that route. They release fewer and fewer minutes of content every month, and more and more minutes of advertisement. They even release videos where the entire thing is an advertisement.

I'm disappointed. There's a reason I never watch live TV - the ad to content ratio is too high. If I don't want 33% of my time to be spent watching ads on TV, why would I want to spend 66% of my time watching ads on the internet?

If something can be destroyed by the truth, it might be worth destroying.

[Image: ZcC2kGl.png]
[+] 2 users Like Elesjei's post
09-11-2013, 06:11 PM
(09-11-2013 02:09 PM)Elesjei Wrote:  Does anyone else remember the days when YouTube videos didn't always begin and end with advertisements in the video itself, and the content creator begging for money?

Don't post a 3 minute video where 2 minutes are you asking for donations! If you want to advertise, restrict the begging to a couple seconds at the end or beginning of the video and the "about" panel. I know it takes time and money to create stuff, but here's the thing: you spend most of your video asking for money to make videos, and that makes it seem as though you only need the money because you spend so much time asking for it! Animate one minute of video, then animate two minutes asking for money to cover the cost of animating the first minute? Seriously?

So many of my YT subscriptions have gone that route. They release fewer and fewer minutes of content every month, and more and more minutes of advertisement. They even release videos where the entire thing is an advertisement.

I'm disappointed. There's a reason I never watch live TV - the ad to content ratio is too high. If I don't want 33% of my time to be spent watching ads on TV, why would I want to spend 66% of my time watching ads on the internet?

What channels are you watching?

The majority of the channels I watch have ads, but they mostly rely on their channels for their income as a significant amount of YouTube Partners do, earning their funds off the entertainment they provide. Also YouTube naturally wants funds from content creators and this is probably where the bulk of ads on YouTube come from; YouTube essentially picking up it's dues for servers and the like.

One easy solution to the ads themselves is to install Adblock (or it's equivalent), this wont solve the content makers begging fer monies but it solves one of your problems.

Another option is to, you know, watch things from content creators who don't beg for money. This will solve your immediate problem. OR you could simply skip the begging entirely, watch the tiny portion you want and end the video.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
09-11-2013, 06:19 PM
(09-11-2013 11:58 AM)Cheetory6 Wrote:  
(08-11-2013 11:03 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Seriously? Oh yea that's right I'm the fucking, cook, maid, chauffeur, nurse, therapist, teacher, and resident whore.
He might have meant that the original person should have just unclogged it =P

Curses upon my housemates who keep putting away dishes at 8AM in the morning on Saturday. Do you know how horrid it is to wake up early to that sound on the weekend? =(

First part: true...I'm just feeling totally unappreciated...

Second part: quit your whining at least someone did it so you didn't. Have to do it yourself.

Today I've had child #1 eat my breakfast and child number 2 eat my lunch.

I'm not happy. And I found out I'm hosting an early thanksgiving. Next week...

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

09-11-2013, 06:26 PM
Have child 1 for breakfast and child 2 for lunch tomorow Drinking Beverage

I don't really like going outside.
It's too damn "peopley" out there....
[+] 1 user Likes Lightvader's post
09-11-2013, 06:43 PM
(09-11-2013 06:26 PM)Lightvader Wrote:  Have child 1 for breakfast and child 2 for lunch tomorow Drinking Beverage

Then who will clean up after my pre-thanksgiving dinner I'm now cooking (on my birthday no less)?
Duh! Drinking Beverage

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

09-11-2013, 06:47 PM
(09-11-2013 02:09 PM)Elesjei Wrote:  Does anyone else remember the days when YouTube videos didn't always begin and end with advertisements in the video itself, and the content creator begging for money?

omg yes.

I'm living without a TV this year (well I have a TV but it's not connected to get any channels) I thought I was gonna die this year. Nope. Don't miss TV in the slightest. I download and watch the TV shows I want completely add free, it's fantastic. More people should do away with watching TV on TVs.
As for youtube, I mostly listen to music or watch discovery/history channel documentaries on youtube so I don't really notice.

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
09-11-2013, 06:52 PM
(09-11-2013 06:43 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(09-11-2013 06:26 PM)Lightvader Wrote:  Have child 1 for breakfast and child 2 for lunch tomorow Drinking Beverage

Then who will clean up after my pre-thanksgiving dinner I'm now cooking (on my birthday no less)?
Duh! Drinking Beverage

Clearly there is need of a Union here. Yes

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
09-11-2013, 08:08 PM
(09-11-2013 06:11 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  Another option is to, you know, watch things from content creators who don't beg for money. This will solve your immediate problem. OR you could simply skip the begging entirely, watch the tiny portion you want and end the video.

That's what I do. Most people talk about donations or the Subbable thing or whatever they do for money at the end; when the video is over I close the tab. It's not really an inconvenience.

With the ad spammers who seem to think we like our videos being pumped full of advertisements, I unsubscribe. It's just sad that some people who used to create good content have started making lower quality content more often and have filled the videos with advertisements. Videos as a job instead of videos from the soul.

If something can be destroyed by the truth, it might be worth destroying.

[Image: ZcC2kGl.png]