Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
13-11-2013, 09:05 PM
RE: Ranting corner
Fucken Hobbit

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-11-2013, 09:17 PM
Re: Ranting corner
You rang?
[+] 6 users Like Hobbitgirl's post
13-11-2013, 09:24 PM
Never far are ya Hobbit, always Near...

[Image: awesome20face1.png]

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 3 users Like earmuffs's post
13-11-2013, 09:26 PM
Re: Ranting corner
Actually I've not paid Much attention the last month or so. Just finished watching Doctor who and decided to peek in and saw this. Timing is all.
13-11-2013, 09:48 PM
My daughters have lost their minds. I asked them what the grandkids wanted or needed for Christmas. One proceeds to tell me she has already spent $800 on her two and still wants to get them flat screens. I should just send a check. The kids are 2 and 6. Really?

The other one wants me to buy an Ipad Touch for her 8 year old.

I have repeatedly asked for some new photos of the kids...like send me a disk from your camera...nothing.

I am thinking they better hope Santa shows up...SMH!

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 3 users Like Anjele's post
13-11-2013, 10:05 PM
I wish my mom would spend $400 for my christmas gift.......

I don't really like going outside.
It's too damn "peopley" out there....
14-11-2013, 03:11 AM
(13-11-2013 09:48 PM)Anjele Wrote:  My daughters have lost their minds. I asked them what the grandkids wanted or needed for Christmas. One proceeds to tell me she has already spent $800 on her two and still wants to get them flat screens. I should just send a check. The kids are 2 and 6. Really?

The other one wants me to buy an Ipad Touch for her 8 year old.

I don't say this often, but Jesus Christ!

As a child on Christmas I didn't have any expectations, and when I got a PC game or toy or whatever, I wouldn't care if the rest of the boxes were full of socks, because free game!

Spending $800 on gifts is wasteful, especially for 2 and 6 year-olds who run through toys like rich girls through iPhones. Not only that, but it will set into them expectations of awesome Christmases every year. If they get $800 worth of stuff one year and then $500 the next, they'll be disappointed, or even angry (since they're kids), and not think about how their parents just bought them $500 of stuff they wanted. It can devalue the gifts they receive. "Oh, five Xbox games? Last year I got eight."

Even if you have a lot of money, don't spoil your kids. They'll appreciate gifts more when you give them only some of what they wanted.

I know from hearing the rich kids at school in January every year (and my town has an average household income of around $100k, so there were a lot of them). They'd talk about all the presents they received as though they didn't matter. Basically, "Yeah, I got some games, a TV for my room, and shit. Nothing cool, though." A bunch of games and a TV screen to turn your bedroom into a gaming station, and that's nothing cool? I'd say that's frakkin' awesome.

If something can be destroyed by the truth, it might be worth destroying.

[Image: ZcC2kGl.png]
[+] 1 user Likes Elesjei's post
14-11-2013, 06:07 AM
What elesjei said

I don't really like going outside.
It's too damn "peopley" out there....
14-11-2013, 06:56 AM
1m Just posting because HI w amna use the writehg textfeatuve on my ske1ch ching tablet- As you can see either the software needs some work army handwriting sucks, I think 1m just gonna stick to the keyboard. AtleaStI I can say I did literally write this post, literally. ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRST with no 000 sodo see Im not drunk I promise I Idont drink so get that through out Again head man maybe this is how Absols did his posts? Fink what H wont let me say fuck? On yes it will never. mind. ItSmile Can I doemoticong I wonder?; coffee: :not measureless no men. Bitches be Cray cray.Q/quick brainstormed are the beery % how the fink does it get % from dog? W.E. gotS not to do. Chow.

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 2 users Like earmuffs's post
14-11-2013, 07:06 AM
Shitfaced on a Thursday night Muffs, or are you typing in tongues ?

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".