Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
15-11-2013, 10:21 PM
RE: Ranting corner
So I finally got a bigger TV. I had been complaining about having too small of a TV for my Xbox. Even with my glasses, the words were still very tiny, and the top options and notifications during game play were always semi cut off (e.g. in Skyrim when the game informs you what has been added/removed to your inventory was completely unnoticeable)

So my mom found some dino-TV's and they're massive but actually pretty nice for old TV's. I don't really mind. I wasn't asking for or expecting to get a flat screen. I just wanted a bigger TV so I could read better.

Anyways, we've had the TV for a couple of days now and tonight we decided to clean them up (they were pretty dusty) and set them up. My mom got a second TV for the living, and we set that one up first. It takes both of us because we're both small and the TV's are heavy as fuckballs. Well, we clean my TV up and start setting it up, only to realize my dresser can't support it.

My mom went to get disks (like cup coasters, almost) to put under my dresser to even out the weight and balance it. It's on carpet, so that doesn't really help much. When my mom pulled out my dresser in an attempt to put support under it, she noticed a small portion of the carpet (behind the dresser, next to the wall) was wet, and mildew was growing. My shower is literally on the opposite side of the wall.

My dresser is sitting in the middle of my room and I have to wait for our landlord to fix the shower tomorrow. I also cannot even open my closet. My room is small, and the only other place we could put my dresser is in front of my closet. Fucking awesome.

I'm just really irritated by the entire situation. I spent an hour organizing a shit load of cords and rearranging my xbox and computer and whatnot to make room for the TV, and then we can't even put it up.

I'm even more irritated because our landlord has fixed our shower before, but she always uses cheap parts, so they break months later. We literally have busted pipes and leaks like once every two or three months.

We've lived here for five years, and it's pretty fucking ridiculous now.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-11-2013, 10:50 PM
Mold and mildew isn't good for your health. I am sure there are rules regarding that kind of thing that a landlord would have to tend to. It can be a health hazard.

Course if the carpet is wet, then the floor is wet and may be rotting also. The dampness can also be seeping up into the walls adding more potential for mold and mildew growth...your mom needs to demand that things be fixed and fixed correctly, and not just the leak but any other damage that has been hidden up until now.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
16-11-2013, 09:39 AM
I'm just posting to increase my post count.
Carry on.

[Image: oscar.png]
16-11-2013, 09:42 AM
Hmmmm, to go to bed now and get up later or to go to bed later and get up now?
Consider

16-11-2013, 11:01 AM
I can't use my shower at all until tomorrow morning, which sucks, because I hate my mom's shower. I have to carry all of my shampoos and crap across the house.

I also have to wait until tomorrow to set up my TV. Dodgy
16-11-2013, 01:12 PM (This post was last modified: 16-11-2013 01:18 PM by Ferdinand.)
"No I don’t like Disney it’s for kids"

you need to bibbity bobbity back the fuck up out of my life
[+] 1 user Likes Ferdinand's post
16-11-2013, 04:54 PM
Anime fanboys and -girls. It's great that you watch it, but you don't need to reference to it every fucking minute. Also lose the silly outfits, it's just lame.

[Image: godtroll.php]
16-11-2013, 08:00 PM
(14-11-2013 07:47 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  Has anybody here ever had a back so sore that the act of breathing causes discomfort, and looking around is near-impossible?

Yeah, I recommend avoiding it.

http://www.webmd.com/lung/tc/pleurisy-overview
16-11-2013, 10:22 PM
So, looking for a job. A lot of language tutors..
I was thinking, as long as I stay one lession ahead of the person I'm tutoring... you know.. there shouldn't be a issue..
Just sayin.

16-11-2013, 10:36 PM
(16-11-2013 10:22 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  So, looking for a job. A lot of language tutors..
I was thinking, as long as I stay one lession ahead of the person I'm tutoring... you know.. there shouldn't be a issue..
Just sayin.

The same plan works with Piano lessons. Laughat

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense