Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
27-11-2013, 11:43 PM
RE: Ranting corner
I watched a YouTube video on phylogeny, and this was in the comments;

Someone who obviously went to York U for biology Wrote:"Common ancestor" is a myth invented when transitional forms were disproven by the fossil record and by research such as the University of Oregon bird study that proved dinos didn't become birds. They immediately said birds and dinos have a common ancestor. It's an easy way out. They don't have to prove anything. They just say it. There is no proof of common ancestor. It's merely conjecture without any support. They had no other answer so they just said, "duh, must be a common ancestor duh."

Someone just disproved evolution! Give him a Nobel prize!

Dodgy

If something can be destroyed by the truth, it might be worth destroying.

[Image: ZcC2kGl.png]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-11-2013, 12:22 AM
(27-11-2013 06:35 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Did they steal your motorbike?

Ya know, I wouldn't put it past them. Consider
Just insurance companies being insurance companies.
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
28-11-2013, 12:26 AM
Also, I was thinking last night.
I currently have 3 via suburbs in which to shop. When I had my motorbike I'd go to either one depending on what I wanted for that particular day. Lyall Bay if I wanted KFC or Subway, and I could go grocery shopping there too. The CBD if I wanted Honey Chicken Noodles and I can go shopping there as well. And Newtown if I wanted to just go shopping because I like the grocery store there.
BUT now that I don't have private transport I can only go to the CBD because I can catch the 20 bus home and I don't have to walk up a gigantic fucking hill... BUT I was thinking, what if I was to walk to Lyall bay and than catch a taxi (there's always 2 taxi's outside the subway) home. It'd cost about the same as bus trip into the CBD and home again and I could do it on the weekends (20 bus only runs week days).

I also realize this means absolutely nothing to anyone, but meh.
Consider I shall think on this.
28-11-2013, 09:52 AM
Okay, this lack of private transport is going to drive me nuts. I'm not doing this for another three months.
As such I have a solution. Two words; push bike.
I can go down and up the hill a hell of a lot easier than walking, it's good exercise and it'll give me something to do as well as provide me with relative freedom through the city. And best of all, it's cheap.

Muffs, you're a fucking genius, you astound me sometimes you know that?
28-11-2013, 10:03 AM
(28-11-2013 09:52 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Muffs, you're a fucking genius, you astound me sometimes you know that?

[Image: 20cad83ad8d757191e2878b0f4bf05a9.png]
"Don't answer that. A rhetorical question."
29-11-2013, 12:00 PM
I don't understand why people are so against piercings/tattoos/body modifications in general. I can understand if it's extreme (like having your lip gauged and horns implanted in your forehead) but if it's just a general piercing, I don't think it should be treated as such a big deal... Its just poking a hole somewhere and then you can take it out when you get tired of it? ooo such scary very bad. Like whats an employer going to do in the future? OH GOD YOU HAVE A RANDOM ALMOST NONEXISTENT HOLE IN YOUR FACE NO JOB FOR YOU

Dodgy
29-11-2013, 12:06 PM
(29-11-2013 12:00 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  I don't understand why people are so against piercings/tattoos/body modifications in general. I can understand if it's extreme (like having your lip gauged and horns implanted in your forehead) but if it's just a general piercing, I don't think it should be treated as such a big deal... Its just poking a hole somewhere and then you can take it out when you get tired of it? ooo such scary very bad. Like whats an employer going to do in the future? OH GOD YOU HAVE A RANDOM ALMOST NONEXISTENT HOLE IN YOUR FACE NO JOB FOR YOU

Dodgy

Well, I just think they generally don't look good.

I wouldn't try and stop someone else from having one they wanted though, each to their own.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
29-11-2013, 02:08 PM
(29-11-2013 12:06 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  
(29-11-2013 12:00 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  I don't understand why people are so against piercings/tattoos/body modifications in general. I can understand if it's extreme (like having your lip gauged and horns implanted in your forehead) but if it's just a general piercing, I don't think it should be treated as such a big deal... Its just poking a hole somewhere and then you can take it out when you get tired of it? ooo such scary very bad. Like whats an employer going to do in the future? OH GOD YOU HAVE A RANDOM ALMOST NONEXISTENT HOLE IN YOUR FACE NO JOB FOR YOU

Dodgy

Well, I just think they generally don't look good.

I wouldn't try and stop someone else from having one they wanted though, each to their own.

You generally don't look good, and yet you've got two jobs. I don't understand??? Confused
[+] 1 user Likes Ferdinand's post
29-11-2013, 02:12 PM
So... I see "last post: Hughsie," and I go, is it FerdiHugh? And sure enough... Dodgy

Anyhoo... that dang Gwynnies. She gets in my head and makes me all fluffy-silly and wanting to do stuff for people, and so now I'm stuck painting is stupid portrait for my buddy's stupid NERO LARP bullshit... only to paint the frickin thing, I gotta clean my whole room and sort all my shit because (when I was silly) I agreed to do this little 11x14 canvas and she comes up with this four foot tall monstrosity that I hafta paint on top of the dog cage so hopefully my stupid beast monster dog doesn't transform my traditional portraiture into modern art... Angry

Dang Gwynnies...

(OK, I lied, I love my Gwynnies.... but, dang Gwynnies.)

living word
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like houseofcantor's post
29-11-2013, 06:02 PM
(29-11-2013 02:08 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  
(29-11-2013 12:06 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  Well, I just think they generally don't look good.

You generally don't look good, and yet you've got two jobs. I don't understand??? Confused

Wtf Ferdy that's so mean! Weeping

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.