Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
02-08-2012, 12:38 AM
RE: Ranting corner
(01-08-2012 05:37 PM)Chas Wrote:  I'd have put this in the shout box, but it doesn't work. WTF? No

Have you cleared your cookies? That helped me when the shout box didn't work. Viola!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-08-2012, 12:41 AM
I want it to go to the next page. I want the ooooo's to go away, I'm tired of scrolling through them.

I shouldn't have to ... it's my vacation. Dodgy

I'm now trying to figure out if this is a rant or a whine. Wink

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 3 users Like kim's post
02-08-2012, 12:42 AM
Yea baby - page 76! Thumbsup

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
02-08-2012, 12:44 AM
(02-08-2012 12:42 AM)kim Wrote:  Yea baby - page 76! Thumbsup

Me too!

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
02-08-2012, 01:56 AM
(02-08-2012 12:01 AM)Filox Wrote:  Ears, want us to calculate exactly how much power does your computer use, how much does one boiler of hot water use and how much a giant heater uses? The comparison will be hilarious. Also, there are some devices that measure real time consumption, you plug that device into power-grid and you plug the heater, computer or whatever into the device and it tells you exactly how much power goes through. You can then sum it up and know exactly how much each electrical thing uses. That way you could all invest a bit into a few of those devices and know exactly how much power did any of you use. Fuck 'em up good.

Smile

FSM, what AV are you using? You do know that there are some high quality free antivirus applications?

Flash player has been buggy for a few months, specially in Firefox, try using Chrome or Opera instead.

Yea I've been tempted to get one of those devices...

Just had some fucking annoying virus on my computer.
"Deleted" everything (actually it just hid them) and claimed I had to enter my credit card details so this 'program' could fix my problems.
So fuck that shit, and just spent the last 3hours (and hour and half was just scanning so went and watched TV) getting rid of the fucking thing.
But now everything has gone like to the default settings..
My desktop icons are back but they're not in the order I had them but are ordered alphabetically. The icons I had pinned to the task bar are gone, so I have to re-pin them. And all those icons on the right of the task bar don't fold up into a nice little arrow box thing but instead span across my task bar which is fucking annoying.
Grrrr!
Gonna take me days to get everything back to the way it was...

[Image: oscar.png]
02-08-2012, 02:56 AM
Two things ears... First, if you are using WinXP, disable the System Restore feature, because it keeps tracks of your viruses and you can not delete then from backup.

Secondly, use Malwarebytes and Comodo antivirus if you want to be sure you cleaned everything. No other is as good as the combination of these two.

Do not install new antivirus if you already have an antivirus installed. There can be only one. Except Malwarebytes, that can be installed together with any other antivirus and removed after the work is finished.

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
02-08-2012, 03:06 AM
Yea I used Malwarebytes (that's what took like an hour and half to bloody scan) followed by hitman followed by roguekiller followed by a program to unhide all my shit.
Pretty sure I got the fucker.

02-08-2012, 03:19 AM
You'd be surprised what else Comodo may find. It is normal for a program to scan that long, unless you want just the basic scan that will do nothing.

What is your antivirus you usually have installed and does it have real-time protection? Real-time protection is a must have.

-Hunter S. Thompson
02-08-2012, 06:06 AM
I might give it a crack then.
I had nothing until like a couple months back when I downloaded ad-aware to get rid of shit.
That is my current.

I'm not a fan of anti-viruses they piss me off to much. They scan like everyday at the most inconvenient times, slow down my computer and games and if I'm playing a game it'll minimize that game when it starts up at the most inconvenient times.
Sure viruses are bad blah blah, but this is the most serious one I've ever had and I managed to get rid of it.

02-08-2012, 06:35 AM
I will put my answer in the Technology topic, to stop the derailing here... Come, see me there for more info.

-Hunter S. Thompson
[+] 1 user Likes Filox's post