Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
01-01-2014, 07:58 PM
RE: Ranting corner
(01-01-2014 07:05 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  It's 26 degrees today, 26!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm literally melting from this extreme heat.
Thank fuck I'm leaving before Monday, it's suppose to have a low of 4!!!!!!!!!!! and a high of 29!!!!!!!!! holy fuck balls I would literally freeze to death and than die again of heat exhaustion. I am designed for 12-22. That is my range of temperature.

And I'm gonna be living up here for the year as of February..

This year has done nothing but suck and I foresee nothing but misery this year.

F.M.L.

Excuse me, we can't hear you over our 40+ degree days.

26 degrees indeed. Fucking pansy-ass Kiwi.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-01-2014, 10:45 PM
Oh spare me.
Your 40 degrees with all your guys air conditioning is more like 20 degrees.

Nobody has air conditioning here so we have to bare the full brunt of that 26 degrees.
So fuck you.
01-01-2014, 10:47 PM
It's gonna be 28 degrees F when I have to go to work in the morning...I am too lazy to look up the conversion so let's just say it's gonna be fucking cold!

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
01-01-2014, 10:52 PM
(01-01-2014 10:47 PM)Anjele Wrote:  It's gonna be 28 degrees F when I have to go to work in the morning...I am too lazy to look up the conversion so let's just say it's gonna be fucking cold!

-2ºC. Drinking Beverage

You're in a heat wave - it's 10ºF (-12ºC) here. Sadcryface

Suck it up, 'Muffsy. 26ºC is pleasantly warm, it's not hot. Angry

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
01-01-2014, 11:05 PM
It was actually fairly warm here today. I dressed for the bitter cold before checking the temp, then I walked outside. No way was I going back in to change so I decided to head to the grocer looking like a moron. I'm guessing it was right around 45-50 F, or about 10 C, at it's hottest and I wore insulated overalls and a thick coat. Big Grin

01-01-2014, 11:09 PM
Balmy -13 here, and in a few days down to -28.
02-01-2014, 12:03 AM (This post was last modified: 02-01-2014 12:07 AM by Free Thought.)
(01-01-2014 10:45 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Oh spare me.

Nobody has air conditioning here so we have to bare the full brunt of that 26 degrees.
So fuck you.

You sir, overestimate current air-conditioning technology used in most housing here.

If you set your average air-con to say, 20 degrees on a 40+ degree day, that will likely only decrease the temperature a few degrees, and doing it for too long will cause the system to become overtaxed and cause it to draw excessive amounts of power to keep up with the set demand, which can lead to a myriad of problems ranging from a temporary failure of the system, to permanently decreased efficiency and even plain frying or melting the motherboard and catching fire.

Unless you have an air-con fit for industrial use, it ain't going to help much, Muffs.

Either way, 26º is not even remotely hot; that right there is pleasantly cool. When you get to the mid to high 30's then you can start to complain about heat.
Damn silly Kiwi.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
02-01-2014, 12:35 AM
Muffs,go suck some tits. Its 32+ degrees C here daily,and 26 degrees on a really really rainy day. I might say thats fucking cold when i wake up

I don't really like going outside.
It's too damn "peopley" out there....
02-01-2014, 02:11 AM
(02-01-2014 12:03 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(01-01-2014 10:45 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Oh spare me.

So fuck you.

You sir, overestimate current air-conditioning technology used in most housing here.

If you set your average air-con to say, 20 degrees on a 40+ degree day, that will likely only decrease the temperature a few degrees, and doing it for too long will cause the system to become overtaxed and cause it to draw excessive amounts of power to keep up with the set demand, which can lead to a myriad of problems ranging from a temporary failure of the system, to permanently decreased efficiency and even plain frying or melting the motherboard and catching fire.

Unless you have an air-con fit for industrial use, it ain't going to help much, Muffs.

Either way, 26º is not even remotely hot; that right there is pleasantly cool. When you get to the mid to high 30's then you can start to complain about heat.
Damn silly Kiwi.

Well thats your own fault for having useless air con. Tongue

I see on the news you guys have bush fires, as you do all year.
I assume you're nowhere near them?

Quote:Muffs,go suck some tits. Its 32+ degrees C here daily,and 26 degrees on a really really rainy day. I might say thats fucking cold when i wake up

Doesn't count. You live in a tropical country. I've been in tropical countries with 40 degree heat and it's comfortably warm.
Here we have extremely harsh sun due to our proximity to the thin bit of the ozone (you know the guy that discovered the "hole" in the ozone layer died last year). We have some of the highest rates of skin cancer in the world.
The point is that we can have 26 degrees but it feels more like 100 degrees.

Quote:You're in a heat wave - it's 10ºF (-12ºC) here. Sadcryface

-12.. fuck that shit.

Quote:Suck it up, 'Muffsy. 26ºC is pleasantly warm, it's not hot. Angry

No Angry It's boiling, cook an egg on the pavement type of heat.
Silly old codger. Not everyone has wrinkly skin that can flap in the breeze to cool us off you know. Tongue
02-01-2014, 02:38 AM
(29-12-2013 06:14 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  As of today I am 100% debt free.

Ehem!

No