Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
02-01-2014, 03:42 AM
RE: Ranting corner
(02-01-2014 02:38 AM)DLJ Wrote:  
(29-12-2013 06:14 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  As of today I am 100% debt free.

Ehem!

No

Kneecap him!

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-01-2014, 04:07 AM
(02-01-2014 02:11 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(02-01-2014 12:03 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  You sir, overestimate current air-conditioning technology used in most housing here.

If you set your average air-con to say, 20 degrees on a 40+ degree day, that will likely only decrease the temperature a few degrees, and doing it for too long will cause the system to become overtaxed and cause it to draw excessive amounts of power to keep up with the set demand, which can lead to a myriad of problems ranging from a temporary failure of the system, to permanently decreased efficiency and even plain frying or melting the motherboard and catching fire.

Unless you have an air-con fit for industrial use, it ain't going to help much, Muffs.

Either way, 26º is not even remotely hot; that right there is pleasantly cool. When you get to the mid to high 30's then you can start to complain about heat.
Damn silly Kiwi.

Well thats your own fault for having useless air con. Tongue

I see on the news you guys have bush fires, as you do all year.
I assume you're nowhere near them?

No it's not my fault for having a useless air-con (though the air-con at my fathers house is pretty much useless). The fact is regular air-cons can't put up with the kind of strain you stipulated. The technology is what is lacking in the equation.
Tech is simply not good enough to properly deal with it, so quit yer bitchin at 26º, pantywaist.

In other news, I have tonsillitis, so I fell kinda like shit and it hasn't even hit me fully yet, as a veteran of constant tonsillitis infections, I say this definitively. Also the Doc said my left ear is irritated and may get an infection springing up in the next few days.

Also an ATM ate my fucking card! So now I have to manage to get to my local bank branch and get a new card and PIN...

This year has NOT started off well!

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
02-01-2014, 04:46 AM
(02-01-2014 02:38 AM)DLJ Wrote:  
(29-12-2013 06:14 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  As of today I am 100% debt free.

Ehem!

No

You're welcome to come and get it. Big Grin

[Image: oscar.png]
02-01-2014, 07:07 AM
What? We're talking about weather now?

[Image: Weather_zps8c654209.png]

... this is my signature!
02-01-2014, 08:11 AM
They lied...was 23 degrees F when I got in my car this morning...bastards.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
02-01-2014, 02:08 PM
(02-01-2014 07:07 AM)cjlr Wrote:  What? We're talking about weather now?

[Image: Weather_zps8c654209.png]

Time to pack your bags and move to Florida, or California. Hmm...on the one hand, California's got legal weed, and better surfing, but on the other hand, they also have ridiculous laws on everything else, and there's a bunch of...well, you know what kind of weirdos they got out there. Hippies, Yuppies, New Age types, Pussies, Freaks, Hipsters, Beatniks, and Sodomites...Wait! - That last one may have been my father speaking. On the other hand, Florida has Brew-throughs on every corner, beautiful beaches, spring-breaker girls several months of the year. To be fair, they also have a bunch of hillbillies and rednecks vacationing in summer, it's one of the more dangerous states in the country, and the whole damn state is full of Mexicans, Cubans, and Jews. - Wait! That was my father again. Blush

Just kidding, my Dad isn't racist or homophobic.Tongue You know, plus I'm a hillbilly Hobo

02-01-2014, 03:46 PM
My mouse!!! FUCK IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FUCK IT! FUCK IT FUCK IT!!!!!!!!!!!

I just had it for 4 months and it keeps confusing left-klick and right-klick in random intervals that drive me mad!!!!!

[Image: RPYH95t.png]
02-01-2014, 04:10 PM
(02-01-2014 03:46 PM)The Germans are coming Wrote:  My mouse!!! FUCK IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FUCK IT! FUCK IT FUCK IT!!!!!!!!!!!

I just had it for 4 months and it keeps confusing left-klick and right-klick in random intervals that drive me mad!!!!!

Doesn't sound very German Angel

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
02-01-2014, 04:17 PM
(02-01-2014 03:46 PM)The Germans are coming Wrote:  My mouse!!! FUCK IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FUCK IT! FUCK IT FUCK IT!!!!!!!!!!!

Try a fresh battery. Thumbsup

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-01-2014, 07:05 PM
(02-01-2014 04:17 PM)Chas Wrote:  Try a fresh battery. Thumbsup

Runs without battery....

[Image: RPYH95t.png]