Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
07-01-2014, 01:05 AM
RE: Ranting corner
If you're not going to even pull through for me, do not offer your assistance to me to begin with.

My mom's having her car repaired, and may not have it for another week. She takes me to school, and a bus doesn't even pass my house, so I needed to find a friend who wouldn't mind transporting me. I have several friends that drive, and I found one who told me she could take me to school in the morning. She had dance practice after school, so I'd have to find a separate ride in the afternoons.

I texted her tonight and asked if she was still going to take me to school in the morning, because she hadn't called me or told me otherwise. Almost two hours later (I'm half asleep) she texts me and tells me she can't take me to school. Six hours before I am supposed to be awake. In hysterics, I text like half the people in my phone and piss off like five for texting them so late. I finally find a ride; someone who lives close and doesn't find me an inconvenience.

The stress ends, but I still remain angry as hell. Like, seriously? You tell me six hours before I have to wake up? I realize not everyone comes through, but when the person has been your friend for years and doesn't typically do this kind of crap because they hate it as well, it's just kind of annoying.

So much for old reliable.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-01-2014, 03:52 AM
I decided to go with green.
In 3-5 working days this will either be a very good choice or a very bad one.
07-01-2014, 09:32 AM
(07-01-2014 01:05 AM)Ferdinand Wrote:  If you're not going to even pull through for me, do not offer your assistance to me to begin with.

My mom's having her car repaired, and may not have it for another week. She takes me to school, and a bus doesn't even pass my house, so I needed to find a friend who wouldn't mind transporting me. I have several friends that drive, and I found one who told me she could take me to school in the morning. She had dance practice after school, so I'd have to find a separate ride in the afternoons.

I texted her tonight and asked if she was still going to take me to school in the morning, because she hadn't called me or told me otherwise. Almost two hours later (I'm half asleep) she texts me and tells me she can't take me to school. Six hours before I am supposed to be awake. In hysterics, I text like half the people in my phone and piss off like five for texting them so late. I finally find a ride; someone who lives close and doesn't find me an inconvenience.

The stress ends, but I still remain angry as hell. Like, seriously? You tell me six hours before I have to wake up? I realize not everyone comes through, but when the person has been your friend for years and doesn't typically do this kind of crap because they hate it as well, it's just kind of annoying.

So much for old reliable.

What the fuck is wrong with people?? Hug I'd drive you.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

07-01-2014, 11:21 AM
So I broke my third left metatarsal last night.

Now I am a four to six week cripple.

And also I have a cast and crutches now, which, since my usual lifestyle involves walking 8-10 km every day means I'm pretty fucked.

Could be worse, I guess. Wouldn't've had to go far in the hospital last night to find someone with worse problems.

... this is my signature!
07-01-2014, 02:33 PM
Pipes froze yesterday evening...wayyy before I anticipated (sometime before 6:30 pm), so I didn't turn my faucets on. I was up until 3 am trying everything I could think of. I seemed to reverse some of it...but as it got colder and colder, I was defeated by mother nature. I just hope nothing bursted.

07-01-2014, 02:52 PM
(07-01-2014 11:21 AM)cjlr Wrote:  So I broke my third left metatarsal last night.

Now I am a four to six week cripple.

And also I have a cast and crutches now, which, since my usual lifestyle involves walking 8-10 km every day means I'm pretty fucked.

Could be worse, I guess. Wouldn't've had to go far in the hospital last night to find someone with worse problems.

Yeah, during my first stay in the hospital, feeling sorry for myself, I learned pretty soon that there is always someone worse off.

I feel your pain, bro. Got off the crutches last week after 7 weeks; got out of the boot last night. My first physical therapy appointment is tomorrow.

I drove my car for the first time in 8 weeks today.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-01-2014, 03:05 PM
Wowee! Congratulations Chas...not so much to you cjlr :/

Guess who just got his pipes working? This guy! Whew! I spent a a few hours today reconfiguring my heat tape, and digging up my main waterline and poured boiling water on it in addition to space heaters and hair dryers on the exposed pipe under my sinks. After a long battle, it appears that I won indeed! Take that mother nature (please don't kill me yet)!

Praise be to the invisible man in the sky that predetermined everything too, 'cause it still hasn't gone above freezing temps, nor is it going to until tomorrow; and I may need to shower, brush my teeth, do some laundry, and wash some dishes. Yeah...glad I got all that work done so I can do some fun chores. Sad

Hot shower time!

07-01-2014, 05:15 PM
FUCK! PIPE BURST! BASEMENT FLOODED!

I didn't get to take my shower...and I see a trip to the in-laws in the near future.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK!

07-01-2014, 05:19 PM
(07-01-2014 05:15 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  FUCK! PIPE BURST! BASEMENT FLOODED!

I didn't get to take my shower...and I see a trip to the in-laws in the near future.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK!

You're not having a good run, are you Weeping

Humankind Dodgy (a total misnomer)
07-01-2014, 05:32 PM
No...and you don't even know the half of it. I'm not particularly good with emotions, but I'm pretty sure I want to cry or punch someone in the face....maybe both. Maybe both at the same time.