• 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
08-01-2014, 05:51 PM
RE: Ranting corner
Can't, not Monday.
Still not here. Think they're both gonna come tomorrow. Angry

[Image: oscar.png]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-01-2014, 06:14 PM (This post was last modified: 08-01-2014 06:25 PM by earmuffs.)
On the up side I paid off all my loans and overdraft and got a new savings account, one with zero fees (where as my current savings account lets me withdraw money from it once a month and than charges through the roof every time after that, thus I never use it.).
Which means I now have an account that I can put money in and can visually see a number. This is how I saved money to go to university, having a visual number see. I think when you have a number you can see the question between "do I buy that bottle of coke or do I put $3 into my savings" becomes a real question. You don't really get that when the money that comes in each week leaves faster than it went in.
For me at least.

TTA, meet thrifty Muffs.
[Image: Pivot_Wave.gif]

Good thing saving muffs came along before spending muffs could buy a ps4 huh?
Could you imagine if I spent $750 on a ps4 and game?! Jesus, there's $19.50 a month in interest I'd never see..

08-01-2014, 06:24 PM
(08-01-2014 06:14 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  On the up side I paid off all my loans and overdraft and got a new savings account, one with zero fees (where as my current savings account lets me withdraw money from it once a month and than charges through the roof every time after that, thus I never use it.).
Which means I now have an account that I can put money in and can visually see a number. This is how I saved money to go to university, having a visual number see. I think when you have a number you can see the question between "do I buy that bottle of coke or do I put $3 into my savings" becomes a real question. You don't really get that when the money that comes in each week leaves faster than it went in.
For me at least.

TTA, meet thrifty Muffs.
[Image: Pivot_Wave.gif]

Uh huh. Drinking Beverage

Now, where's the real Muffs and what have you done with him? Shocking

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-01-2014, 06:26 PM
We locked him in the basement years ago.
*muffled* help! *muffled*

[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
08-01-2014, 06:52 PM
(08-01-2014 06:26 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  We locked him in the basement years ago.
*muffled* help! *muffled*

I like this muffs better. All in favor of keeping him?

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
08-01-2014, 07:23 PM
I'm guessing he is saving up for an anatomically correct life-sized man-doll.

[+] 1 user Likes Dark Light's post
08-01-2014, 08:12 PM
So, I had a plumber come to the house today (landlord hired) to fix my busted pipes (still not done, still have no running water). I had met the guy, within 3 minutes he tells me of his job "If it were easy, niggers and women would do it". In case anyone forgot, it is 2014. I kind of just stood there, a bit shocked. How do you respond to that? I certainly couldn't fire him, as I'm not paying for the work...plus I don't want the guy to do a shitty job. And also, why do white racists assume everyone else who is white is also a racist. I just hope the guy fixes my damn pipes soon.

08-01-2014, 08:16 PM
(08-01-2014 08:12 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  So, I had a plumber come to the house today (landlord hired) to fix my busted pipes (still not done, still have no running water). I had met the guy, within 3 minutes he tells me of his job "If it were easy, niggers and women would do it". In case anyone forgot, it is 2014. I kind of just stood there, a bit shocked. How do you respond to that? I certainly couldn't fire him, as I'm not paying for the work...plus I don't want the guy to do a shitty job. And also, why do white racists assume everyone else who is white is also a racist. I just hope the guy fixes my damn pipes soon.

That sounds like a prison movie. Dark Light waits uncomfortably while a white racist messes with his pipes.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
08-01-2014, 09:21 PM
(08-01-2014 08:12 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  So, I had a plumber come to the house today (landlord hired) to fix my busted pipes (still not done, still have no running water). I had met the guy, within 3 minutes he tells me of his job "If it were easy, niggers and women would do it". In case anyone forgot, it is 2014. I kind of just stood there, a bit shocked. How do you respond to that? I certainly couldn't fire him, as I'm not paying for the work...plus I don't want the guy to do a shitty job. And also, why do white racists assume everyone else who is white is also a racist. I just hope the guy fixes my damn pipes soon.

I'd report his arse to the landlord and tell him not to send a racist and sexist fuck like him ever again to your property (maybe once the job is completed Consider )
Angry

Humankind Dodgy (a total misnomer)
08-01-2014, 09:42 PM
My landlord just so happens to be family. My Uncle, in fact. He isn't going to care that it was a racist/sexist plumber. In fact, I think my uncle blames me for the pipes getting frozen (though he didn't directly say so). I'm just trying not to piss him off right now. If you shouldn't piss off your landlord, I think that goes double when he is also family and could easily just get rid of you and cause a family-wide brawl. I feel that my hands are tied. Really I just wanted to rant about it anyway.