Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
20-01-2014, 05:31 PM
RE: Ranting corner
(20-01-2014 05:21 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  My landlord is showing people through the house I'm staying, trying to fill the rooms for when we leave.
But it consist of people looking at my room. I fucking hate people I know coming into my room let alone a group of 10 random people off the street walking around having a good look while I'm sitting there awkwardly at my laptop.
To make matters worst, all the other rooms have been rented out so it's just mine left so all these people are coming around for the specific purpose of looking around my room.

To say that it's uncomfortable and annoying is an understatement.

I know where you're coming from. The owners of my apartment are selling up and are having open house every Saturday at the moment and I'm not even allowed to be there!!! Goddamn arseholes.
Feeling violated is also an understatement Dodgy

Humankind Dodgy (a total misnomer)
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-01-2014, 05:43 PM
(20-01-2014 05:31 PM)aurora Wrote:  
(20-01-2014 05:21 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  My landlord is showing people through the house I'm staying, trying to fill the rooms for when we leave.
But it consist of people looking at my room. I fucking hate people I know coming into my room let alone a group of 10 random people off the street walking around having a good look while I'm sitting there awkwardly at my laptop.
To make matters worst, all the other rooms have been rented out so it's just mine left so all these people are coming around for the specific purpose of looking around my room.

To say that it's uncomfortable and annoying is an understatement.

I know where you're coming from. The owners of my apartment are selling up and are having open house every Saturday at the moment and I'm not even allowed to be there!!! Goddamn arseholes.

That's -just had an other earthquake- fucked up. I wonder if they can legally do that? Sure they own it, but you rent it out so you have a right to be there.

My landlord's been pretty good about it, always asking me if it's okay and such, which is why I've been pretty cooperative about the whole thing. That, and I need a good tenancy review for my next place.
But if he asked me to leave I'd tell him to go fuck himself (politely).

[Image: oscar.png]
20-01-2014, 05:55 PM
(20-01-2014 05:43 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(20-01-2014 05:31 PM)aurora Wrote:  I know where you're coming from. The owners of my apartment are selling up and are having open house every Saturday at the moment and I'm not even allowed to be there!!! Goddamn arseholes.

That's -just had an other earthquake- fucked up. I wonder if they can legally do that? Sure they own it, but you rent it out so you have a right to be there.

My landlord's been pretty good about it, always asking me if it's okay and such, which is why I've been pretty cooperative about the whole thing. That, and I need a good tenancy review for my next place.

Another earthquake? Wow Shocking

I'm going to ask for compensation. Fuck them. It's been interrupting my study as well.

[+] 2 users Like aurora's post
20-01-2014, 06:14 PM
So, this morning I go grocery shopping (as I do EVERY Monday). I come home with lots of food.

Immediately people begin complaining, "oh you got *that* turkey, I like the other one." and "only 4 rolls?" "You didn't buy feta? We need it, parmesan too."

Yesterday I asked what kinds of lunch meat everyone wanted, if we needed extra cheese and all that...the sound of the crickets was deafening.

If you don't speak up -- don't complain!
/rant

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
20-01-2014, 06:19 PM
(20-01-2014 06:14 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  So, this morning I go grocery shopping (as I do EVERY Monday). I come home with lots of food.

Immediately people begin complaining, "oh you got *that* turkey, I like the other one." and "only 4 rolls?" "You didn't buy feta? We need it, parmesan too."

Yesterday I asked what kinds of lunch meat everyone wanted, if we needed extra cheese and all that...the sound of the crickets was deafening.

/rant

I get the feeling that I would have a hard time under your care.
I can barely even ask my mother (or father, or anybody else for that matter) for anything at all. I'd have nothing to eat!

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
20-01-2014, 06:26 PM
(20-01-2014 06:14 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  So, this morning I go grocery shopping (as I do EVERY Monday). I come home with lots of food.

/rant

Mike and Alex started bitching a few years ago about the food I bought and/or cooked. If I asked for meal suggestions, the silence was deafening.

So I pretty much quit cooking. And I buy what I want.

Thirty odd years of figuring out what to cook, what to buy, etc...I am over it.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
20-01-2014, 06:47 PM
(20-01-2014 05:55 PM)aurora Wrote:  
(20-01-2014 05:43 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  That's -just had an other earthquake- fucked up. I wonder if they can legally do that? Sure they own it, but you rent it out so you have a right to be there.

Another earthquake? Wow Shocking

I'm going to ask for compensation. Fuck them. It's been interrupting my study as well.

Yea it was just a tiny little bastard.
They're sorta patchy. Like we'll get a big one (like the 6.3 we had yesterday) and heaps of little ones for a week after, than nothing for like a month or two than it'll happen again.
When I move back up north at the end of the month I wont feel them anymore, we don't get them up there.

Good, you should. It's bullshit. Especially considering it's a weekend. Like if it was a week day when you were at work or school or whatever I suppose it wouldn't be so bad for you, but a Saturday... And especially EVERY Saturday..

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
20-01-2014, 10:29 PM
I am preeeetty sure that I need to get my dog to a vet and make it snappy at that, but I don't have any money to pay the vet or a way to transport her even if I did.

And convincing my mother that she needs to go to the vet will probably be tough and I am pretty sure resulted in my old cat's death; by the time we got her to agree, the poor cat couldn't walk and was long past the point of no return. I don't want to risk that happening to my dog, but how do I convince that stubborn woman that my dog's ear becoming half-way floppy and hard-swollen is a concern worth going to the vet!? That shouldn't happen damnit!

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
20-01-2014, 10:37 PM
(20-01-2014 10:29 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  I am preeeetty sure that I need to get my dog to a vet and make it snappy at that, but I don't have any money to pay the vet or a way to transport her even if I did.

And convincing my mother that she needs to go to the vet will probably be tough and I am pretty sure resulted in my old cat's death; by the time we got her to agree, the poor cat couldn't walk and was long past the point of no return. I don't want to risk that happening to my dog, but how do I convince that stubborn woman that my dog's ear becoming half-way floppy and hard-swollen is a concern worth going to the vet!? That shouldn't happen damnit!

Cry in front of her! Tell her you're so worried. No mum could ignore that.
If you love your dog heaps, just do it. (if my son did that to me, I would).
'Tis a good cause Thumbsup

20-01-2014, 11:02 PM
(20-01-2014 06:47 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(20-01-2014 05:55 PM)aurora Wrote:  Another earthquake? Wow Shocking

Yea it was just a tiny little bastard.
They're sorta patchy. Like we'll get a big one (like the 6.3 we had yesterday) and heaps of little ones for a week after, than nothing for like a month or two than it'll happen again.
When I move back up north at the end of the month I wont feel them anymore, we don't get them up there.

Good, you should. It's bullshit. Especially considering it's a weekend. Like if it was a week day when you were at work or school or whatever I suppose it wouldn't be so bad for you, but a Saturday... And especially EVERY Saturday..

We used to get earthquakes in California. I hated them! Since we moved up here I've felt a couple. They're more fun. Big Grin

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces