Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
20-01-2014, 11:14 PM
RE: Ranting corner
(20-01-2014 10:37 PM)aurora Wrote:  
(20-01-2014 10:29 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  I am preeeetty sure that I need to get my dog to a vet and make it snappy at that, but I don't have any money to pay the vet or a way to transport her even if I did.

And convincing my mother that she needs to go to the vet will probably be tough and I am pretty sure resulted in my old cat's death; by the time we got her to agree, the poor cat couldn't walk and was long past the point of no return. I don't want to risk that happening to my dog, but how do I convince that stubborn woman that my dog's ear becoming half-way floppy and hard-swollen is a concern worth going to the vet!? That shouldn't happen damnit!

Cry in front of her! Tell her you're so worried. No mum could ignore that.
If you love your dog heaps, just do it. (if my son did that to me, I would).
'Tis a good cause Thumbsup

I think you over estimate my mother and myself.
I will have a hard enough time getting myself to even try to approach her if I can get her alone, let alone broach the conversation.
Hell I find it hard to ask for dinner. This will be so much more difficult and crying wont do any good, just make me feel stupid, ineffectual and weak and make me incoherent.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-01-2014, 11:19 PM
(20-01-2014 11:14 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(20-01-2014 10:37 PM)aurora Wrote:  Cry in front of her! Tell her you're so worried. No mum could ignore that.

I will have a hard enough time getting myself to even try to approach her if I can get her alone, let alone broach the conversation.
Hell I find it hard to ask for dinner. This will be so much more difficult and crying wont do any good, just make me feel stupid, ineffectual and weak and make me incoherent.

Big Hug

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

20-01-2014, 11:34 PM
(20-01-2014 10:37 PM)aurora Wrote:  Cry in front of her! Tell her you're so worried. No mum could ignore that.

Obviously there's so much more to the equation. Just tryin' to help.
Your mum sounds like a hard nut to crack Undecided

Humankind Dodgy (a total misnomer)
21-01-2014, 01:28 AM
My body has decided that 2 hours of sleep is plenty before my first day of work.

21-01-2014, 03:18 AM
Ah good for you DL,my body says 5 hours weren't enough

I don't really like going outside.
It's too damn "peopley" out there....
21-01-2014, 06:44 AM

This kind of thing pisses me off on so many levels.

FT, it might be a good idea not to have pets of any kind in the situation your in now, that dog needs to get to the vet ASAP, that ear swelling is painful for them and needs to be drained.

This isnt fair to the animal, that your mother is uncaring and that you dont have the means to treat the dog humanely.

I'll stop here, before I say whats really on my mind.

My rant over Angry
21-01-2014, 11:47 AM (This post was last modified: 21-01-2014 12:09 PM by Lienda Bella.)
I am a doll...
A pet pet doll.
Some nice people, but most want me to obey.
Pet doll.
Pet pet doll.
Every little mood...
Every little wink..
Every movement..
To fit a normies guide line..
So strict..
Stricter than for each other, because..
Lienda is to be a certain way...
*whistle whistle*
*arm smash*
hi there, invisible partner. What do you want to be named? You call me little a lot, especially when you're mad. I sure wish people would let me be... me.. . .
But then again, I'm a soft little wussy wuss when I'm drunk. So passive..
21-01-2014, 12:03 PM
(21-01-2014 06:44 AM)War Horse Wrote:  
(20-01-2014 11:14 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  I think you over estimate my mother and myself.

This kind of thing pisses me off on so many levels.

FT, it might be a good idea not to have pets of any kind in the situation your in now, that dog needs to get to the vet ASAP, that ear swelling is painful for them and needs to be drained.

This isnt fair to the animal, that your mother is uncaring and that you dont have the means to treat the dog humanely.

I'll stop here, before I say whats really on my mind.

My rant over Angry

I spoke to my mother yesterday about it and showed her my dog's ear; she suspects that she has been bitten by something causing the swelling. However, on the grounds that she is not seemingly bothered unless you touch the ear or otherwise showing symptoms of illness and that she does not have the money for a vet, my mother has decided to keep her under a close watch under the resolution that "If it doesn't go down in a few days I'll have to consider taking her to the vet, but I don't have the money right now."

Don't get the wrong impression, my mother isn't uncaring for or abusive to our pets, I just think she underestimates the possible significance of my dogs health and behaviours.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
21-01-2014, 12:12 PM
(21-01-2014 11:47 AM)Lienda Bella Wrote:  I am a doll...
A pet pet doll.
Some nice people, but most want me to obey.
Pet doll.
Pet pet doll.
Every little mood...
Every little wink..
Every movement..
To fit a normies guide line..
So strict..
Stricter than for each other, because..
Lienda is to be a certain way...
*whistle whistle*
*arm smash*
hi there, invisible partner. What do you want to be named? You call me little a lot, especially when you're mad. I sure wish people would let me be... me.. . .
But then again, I'm a soft little wussy wuss when I'm drunk. So passive..

Huh Huh

WTF happened to the first post ?
21-01-2014, 03:40 PM
There is so much drama within my news program. There are two classes of the program. The first class has a problem with simply being lazy. They need to work on their work ethic. The second class is a little sticky. So much social tension and drama, it's unbelievable. I'm feeling like our news director's gonna crack any day now.