Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
07-08-2012, 06:13 PM
Ranting corner
(07-08-2012 01:35 PM)kim Wrote:  
(07-08-2012 01:27 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  Or burst into the room naked and covered with baby oil and shout, Let the Orgy begin!

Uhm... some of us just aren't at that place in our lives, Erx. No judgement. Shy

Fortunately for the world, I'm not at this place either.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
08-08-2012, 10:09 AM
RE: Ranting corner
(07-08-2012 06:13 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(07-08-2012 01:35 PM)kim Wrote:  Uhm... some of us just aren't at that place in our lives, Erx. No judgement. Shy

Fortunately for the world, I'm not at this place either.

Praise be!Thumbsup

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
08-08-2012, 10:36 AM
So I got this Airsoft mini-Glock; Violet keeps giving me this look like - if one of those things hits me, we're gonna have issues. Big Grin

living word
[+] 2 users Like houseofcantor's post
08-08-2012, 05:12 PM
Mike went outside last night and found that we had a water leak at the main line that comes into the house...can't wait for that water bill to come in.

So he bails the water out of the water box and the dirt and roots to find that the pipe has separated and water is just flowing into the yard. So a night without water. Called a plumber this morning. As I was backing out to go to work I noticed that the next door neighbor had a plumber working at his water meter box....so I call Mike and tell him to find out what's up. His water pipe has blown on his side and the city says, oh well...your problem. So he is paying a plumber to get his stuff fixed. We now have a trench from the house to the street and new water pipe to the tune of $2650.00. Yeah, like we have that just laying around.

The city had marked the street in front of us some time before this and it looks like they are planning to tear up the intersection. But the problems are ours and the expense is ours. Two houses, side by side, water pipes burst at the same time and the city has nothing to do with it and won't even return Mike's call. I told him to get pictures. Once this passes inspection and can be filled back in, I think a call to one of the local TV stations is in order...any work done in the street by the city will be photographed.

Jerks...this isn't some silly coincidence...they blew out water pipes up and said fuck you and like it. Yeah to the tune of about 4 grand between the two houses...FFS.

So much for getting caught up financially...would be easier to take if we could even drink the damn water, I buy water for us to make tea and coffee with and for cooking since the water here is so nasty...I even buy our ice for the same reason.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
08-08-2012, 06:11 PM
Ranting corner
I had a similar problem when I moved into my house last winter. The city was willing to cut quite a bit of slack off the water bill. Be sure to ask if they have any way of reducing the bill. Your city sounds like they're bigger jerks, so they may not, but it's worth asking.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
08-08-2012, 07:15 PM
I'm on this thing with a brand new iPad... It's ridiculously gorgeous. Big Grin

living word
[+] 3 users Like houseofcantor's post
08-08-2012, 07:38 PM
(08-08-2012 06:11 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  I had a similar problem when I moved into my house last winter. The city was willing to cut quite a bit of slack off the water bill. Be sure to ask if they have any way of reducing the bill. Your city sounds like they're bigger jerks, so they may not, but it's worth asking.

I can probably manage the higher water bill but the $2650.00 in repairs means selling a kidney most likely.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
08-08-2012, 10:45 PM
(08-08-2012 07:38 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(08-08-2012 06:11 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  I had a similar problem when I moved into my house last winter. The city was willing to cut quite a bit of slack off the water bill. Be sure to ask if they have any way of reducing the bill. Your city sounds like they're bigger jerks, so they may not, but it's worth asking.

I can probably manage the higher water bill but the $2650.00 in repairs means selling a kidney most likely.

Don't you live in the States?

Do what you yanks do best son, sue! sue! sue!

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
09-08-2012, 12:31 AM
(08-08-2012 05:12 PM)Anjele Wrote:  So much for getting caught up financially...would be easier to take if we could even drink the damn water, I buy water for us to make tea and coffee with and for cooking since the water here is so nasty...I even buy our ice for the same reason.

This always reminds how my country has something better than the rest of the world. Water. We have plenty of it and I never, in my entire life, bought a bottled water to drink. I hate the taste of bottled water and it is ridiculous to buy something I can just pour from my sink. We have one of the cleanest tap waters in the world. And we have plenty of it. We even export it to New York... This is our brand, maybe you even seen it:

[Image: jana-boca-logo-ftd.jpg]

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
09-08-2012, 01:41 AM
WTF is it with randoms being in my house!

So I go up stairs to to cook dinner and low and behold there's 3 of the fuckers and 2 of my flatmates cooking up a fucking feed in my kitchen!!
Using my fucking oven!

Now I don't have a problem with this dont get me wrong but its just it would be nice if someone told me so I could cook my dinner before they decided to use the entire kitchen.

[Image: oscar.png]