Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
25-01-2014, 10:59 PM
RE: Ranting corner
On my short lunch break yesterday, I was asked if I could help out at my uncle's business for three or four hours. I knew what it was. Backbreaking work in sub-freezing weather. I was really looking forward to a day off, but I reluctantly agreed. Before I agreed I asked "How much does it pay?"...Response, "Oh he'll take care of you, don't worry about that?". My follow up question was "Is it at least 10 bucks an hour?"..."Oh, definitely it will be over 10 an hour, don't worry about that.". Well, the three or four hours quickly turned into 7 hours of hard labor, frozen to the bones, and my face is windburned pretty good and burns. My pay came to about 10.12 an hour. Not gonna make that mistake again.

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-01-2014, 11:02 PM
Another day and nothing much accomplished. Gah I'm on a lazy streak.

On the upside maybe I'll get spanked for my misbehaving.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 3 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
25-01-2014, 11:02 PM
Technically $10.12 is over $10 an hour. Tongue

But yes, you have only yourself to blame.

[Image: oscar.png]
26-01-2014, 12:33 AM
I am at work. That sucks in itself but it gets worse. I have no voice. Mute. I have a sinus infection and my voice was going out. I called my boss this morn trying to say I couldn't come to be told, bluntly, that I would be required to come in anyways because SHE didn't want to cover it. I begged with my scratchy raw throat but was told to come in anyway.

Now a bunch if customers are in a huff because they think I'm being rude. I'm not, I'm simply weak and my voice is gone. I can't stand unsupported too long and I can't raise my voice above a whisper and even THAT hurts like hell.

I should be home watching my little pony, eating soup, and doing my statics homework. Instead my company requires I come in and then gets pissy because I'm not 100%. I don't blame my boss, I blame the company that forces the managers to structure labor this way. It is at the very least unethical.
26-01-2014, 12:49 AM
(25-01-2014 11:02 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Technically $10.12 is over $10 an hour. Tongue

It is, you're right, and I have myself to blame as well. The thing was he gave me x amount of dollars, I was told it was a 3-4 hour job, and it was double that. That was the thing I didn't agree to, especially in this shit whether. It's not as if he is a struggling business man either, he is loaded. He easily spent several hundred thousand last year on vacations, presents, and vehicles. Maybe more.

26-01-2014, 01:10 AM
[Image: tumblr_lmls0kHJxA1qczmt2o1_500.gif]

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 3 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
26-01-2014, 05:01 AM
(26-01-2014 12:49 AM)Dark Light Wrote:  
(25-01-2014 11:02 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Technically $10.12 is over $10 an hour. Tongue

It is, you're right, and I have myself to blame as well. The thing was he gave me x amount of dollars, I was told it was a 3-4 hour job, and it was double that. That was the thing I didn't agree to, especially in this shit whether. It's not as if he is a struggling business man either, he is loaded. He easily spent several hundred thousand last year on vacations, presents, and vehicles. Maybe more.

You gotta speak up.
Speaking from experience with shit bosses that don't pay you for hours they asked you to work beyond your normal hours, you gotta speak up and call them out on that shit or else they'll under pay you.

Tell him it took double the time that you agreed too and so you want double the money.

side note: My flatmates, I thought they were gonna clear their boxes out of the common area spaces, aka the kitchen/dinning room, today but alas I was wrong.
My fault really for having such standard expectations. Had to move shit around so I could cook something to eat. Not amused.

26-01-2014, 06:41 PM
Can anyone else think of a better way to spend a Sunday than helping people move who don't know how to buy furniture that weighs less than a gazillion pounds each?
I sure can't Dodgy Even my scrotum's tired!!

26-01-2014, 07:42 PM
Do you hear that?
I think I finally hear the sound of my fucktarded flatmates moving their shit out of the kitchen...

27-01-2014, 01:36 PM (This post was last modified: 27-01-2014 02:37 PM by Free Thought.)
So...

Today is the day high school begins anew here in South Australia (as far as I am concerned). The day where the Year 8's come in for their first day and the day the new batch of Year 12's return for the start of their final year and also for the repeats and Year 13 students (such as myself) to also return with the Year 12's.

Now I got up at 5:00 o'clock just to get ready to make absolutely sure that I missed nothing on this most dull day and underestimating the time it would take for me to get ready (30 minutes in all). And just now I found something out.

My father, who is primarily in charge of my education, didn't re-enroll me into school for this year as I told him he would need to at the end of last year.
As such, I'm not a student as far as I know. So do I go today or not? I've no real business going to the "short all of you people into your places" day if I'm not even a student yet. I'd just feel awkward and out of place and I'd be eventually left unsorted as i shouldn't exist as far as the school is aware 'officially' this year it would seem (though most of my teachers from last year are aware that I should be returning).

I'm getting quite tired of my father forgetting things. I hate having to repeat things, but forgetting what I told him at least twice just over a month-2 months ago that is so important? Yahweh fucking damnit all!

*Provisio: So, despite one of the Year 12 coordinators last year specifically informing me of having to re-enroll, my father has apparently received a bill for this year despite not doing so. The fuck?!

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.