Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
27-01-2014, 09:49 PM
RE: Ranting corner
(27-01-2014 09:43 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  I think my other employer only does so if there is an 'incident', which isn't very likely for a guy who sits behind an office desk all day.

(27-01-2014 09:47 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  I can understand the military, but is your new employer really gonna care if you smoke a bit of weed the night before?
Providing it doesn't hinder your work.

Muffdiver, you're a cotten-headed-ninny-muggins. Undecided

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-01-2014, 09:51 PM
(27-01-2014 09:47 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  I can understand the military, but is your new employer really gonna care if you smoke a bit of weed the night before?
Providing it doesn't hinder your work.

If my company ever decides to test, I plan on coming "clean'" with my boss before the test, and lay it out for him. It's what I use to sleep. I've never, and would never use before or during work hours. My regular raises, bonuses, and regular praise from management should be proof of my value to the company.

I don't see it happening, though. I'm lucky for now.
27-01-2014, 10:19 PM
I'm awaiting three different paychecks from Uncle Sam through three different routes for three different reasons, all of which have been delayed. Umm...what? If I hear "next week" next week it will be 5 checks I'm waiting for and I'm just not gonna show up for work. Okay...I will, but I won't be enthusiastic about it, goddammit!

27-01-2014, 11:06 PM

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
28-01-2014, 09:36 AM
Not ranting, just slightly baffled. Anyone know how you pronounce the name Nahem?

Thanks. Blush

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
28-01-2014, 09:48 AM
(28-01-2014 09:36 AM)Vera Wrote:  Not ranting, just slightly baffled. Anyone know how you pronounce the name Nahem?

Thanks. Blush

Had a friend from Israel that spelled his name that way, but was pronounced ' Nachem'
28-01-2014, 10:01 AM
(28-01-2014 09:48 AM)War Horse Wrote:  Had a friend from Israel that spelled his name that way, but was pronounced ' Nachem'

I'm guessing 'ch' is pronounced as the first sound in "hew" than in "chew"?

Either way, Imma wing it, like it matters anyway. (Like anything matters for that matter.) Rolleyes

Thanks.

28-01-2014, 10:07 AM
(28-01-2014 10:01 AM)Vera Wrote:  
(28-01-2014 09:48 AM)War Horse Wrote:  Had a friend from Israel that spelled his name that way, but was pronounced ' Nachem'

I'm guessing 'ch' is pronounced as the first sound in "hew" than in "chew"?

Either way, Imma wing it, like it matters anyway. (Like anything matters for that matter.) Rolleyes

Thanks.

More like when you make that sound for a big hocker .

Or like the German word for night, Nacht. Same sound .

Na- ch-hem

Thats the best I can do Blush
28-01-2014, 10:18 AM
(28-01-2014 10:07 AM)War Horse Wrote:  More like when you make that sound for a big hocker .

Or like the German word for night, Nacht. Same sound .

Yeah, that's exactly the one I meant. Thanks.

Now it's Yudhijit Battacharjee's turn. Let's how I'll rename him.

Why do writers feel the need to thank anyone, from their dentist to the couple sitting next to them on a plane, whose ears they talked off with crap about their stupid book (both real cases of "acknowledgements" I've dealt with)?

Anyway, that's my cross, so I'd better go back to climbing that hill. Unless they've fixed the cable car. Rolleyes

28-01-2014, 11:33 AM
(27-01-2014 08:29 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Got a bit of jizz in your eye there Ferdy?

My standards are higher than you think. Smartass