Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
30-01-2014, 06:04 PM
RE: Ranting corner
(30-01-2014 05:49 PM)southernbelle Wrote:  I hate how everyone assumes they know so much about me when they really know nothing about me. I'm number two in my class, and I don't see that changing anytime soon. I'm pleased with where I am, and honestly, I do not care if I go up or not. If I go up, that's great, if not, that's great too. I didn't earn number one so I don't deserve it. One of my friends though told me today that everyone in my class thinks that I'm going to be crying at graduation if I don't get number one and that I'll throw some huge fit. I have no clue why anyone thinks this. When I was younger, I did care about my grades so much, and I would cry about everything, but now I'm to a point in my life where I would rather learn a ton and get a B and be able to go through high school without having a near mental breakdown because of my grades than graduate with a near-perfect grade in everything and stress myself out. The girl who is ahead of me stays up every night until midnight studying and freaks out if she doesn't have at least a week to study for a vocabulary test. I don't want to be that person. She put in the effort to be number one, she earned it.
Everyone thinks I'm lying when I say this. Ugh.

And then a month ago, a girl earned a perfect score on the ACT. I have a near perfect score at a 35 which I am incredibly proud of. When they found out about the other girl, people kept coming up to me asking if I was "mad that someone beat [me]." I told everyone no. That I was happy for her, and that I didn't care because I still had a good score. It's not a competition so why should I care? I still have a really good score myself, but everyone keeps telling me to stop lying and admit that I'm furious that she "beat" me. Ugghhh. I just hate that everyone has all these assumptions about me. People who I don't even consider my friend act like they know me better than myself, and it's so frustrating.

You have a rep for being smart and the small minded, jealous people like to see if they can bring you down a notch...screw 'em.

Be happy you have the smarts and use them to brush off the pitiful attempts at making you feel bad. In the end you'll have the last laugh.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Full Circle's post
30-01-2014, 06:36 PM
(30-01-2014 05:49 PM)southernbelle Wrote:  I hate how everyone assumes they know so much about me when they really know nothing about me. I'm number two in my class, and I don't see that changing anytime soon. I'm pleased with where I am, and honestly, I do not care if I go up or not. If I go up, that's great, if not, that's great too. I didn't earn number one so I don't deserve it. One of my friends though told me today that everyone in my class thinks that I'm going to be crying at graduation if I don't get number one and that I'll throw some huge fit. I have no clue why anyone thinks this. When I was younger, I did care about my grades so much, and I would cry about everything, but now I'm to a point in my life where I would rather learn a ton and get a B and be able to go through high school without having a near mental breakdown because of my grades than graduate with a near-perfect grade in everything and stress myself out. The girl who is ahead of me stays up every night until midnight studying and freaks out if she doesn't have at least a week to study for a vocabulary test. I don't want to be that person. She put in the effort to be number one, she earned it.
Everyone thinks I'm lying when I say this. Ugh.

And then a month ago, a girl earned a perfect score on the ACT. I have a near perfect score at a 35 which I am incredibly proud of. When they found out about the other girl, people kept coming up to me asking if I was "mad that someone beat [me]." I told everyone no. That I was happy for her, and that I didn't care because I still had a good score. It's not a competition so why should I care? I still have a really good score myself, but everyone keeps telling me to stop lying and admit that I'm furious that she "beat" me. Ugghhh. I just hate that everyone has all these assumptions about me. People who I don't even consider my friend act like they know me better than myself, and it's so frustrating.

Good on ya. Completely have the same feeling.

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
31-01-2014, 01:34 AM
Gotta love moments like yesterday which remind me I'm never more than a happy thought or two from being a fully non-functional psychopath. Big Grin

[Image: ZF1ZJ4M.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like houseofcantor's post
31-01-2014, 02:17 AM
It is 3 in the morning and I can't for the life of me get to sleep. I also have to worry about the whereabouts of my fundraiser box tomorrow. I left it in a classroom Monday afternoon. Tuesday - Thursday were canceled due to the snow, so I wasn't able to go back for it. I'm hoping nobody took it and the teacher (who's extremely nice and considerate and whatnot) grabbed it and put it behind her desk or something. She's usually pretty tidy and whenever she notices something left behind by a student she doesn't just toss it. I was going to email her just in case and have a friend ask up on it as well, because there's no way I'm going to make it through 7 classes/9 hours of school with only (well less than) four hours of sleep on my back.
31-01-2014, 01:21 PM
Geez, I hate the process of looking for work. Censored

Add to that my old boss decided not to pay me for the vacation time I had earned and now I have to deal with that.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
31-01-2014, 02:31 PM
Annnnnnnnnnnnnnd that's a heap of stuff successfully moved down 70 steps, across 600km's and moved into my parents spare bedroom.
God damn that was hard yaka.

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
31-01-2014, 10:49 PM
I literally hate whenever I switch from Skype on my phone to my computer (or vise versa) and Skype acts like a bastard. Is it seriously that hard for technology to just work properly?

Dodgy
[+] 1 user Likes Ferdinand's post
31-01-2014, 11:17 PM
(31-01-2014 10:49 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  I literally hate ...

As opposed to... figuratively hating?

... this is my signature!
[+] 2 users Like cjlr's post
31-01-2014, 11:31 PM
(31-01-2014 11:17 PM)cjlr Wrote:  
(31-01-2014 10:49 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  I literally hate ...

As opposed to... figuratively hating?

You know me so well.
[+] 1 user Likes Ferdinand's post
01-02-2014, 12:59 AM
(31-01-2014 01:34 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Gotta love moments like yesterday which remind me I'm never more than a happy thought or two from being a fully non-functional psychopath. Big Grin

Who the fuck ain't brother.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post