Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
12-08-2012, 04:45 PM
RE: Ranting corner
(12-08-2012 11:09 AM)kim Wrote:  
(09-08-2012 08:13 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  I'm watching Gwynnies right now playing the role of Polly Perkins.

Hm: Pepper Potts/Polly Perkins Consider

My favorite is: Dixie... Dixie Normus. Tongue

That is actually one of my favorite movie lines... I'm a sucker for spontaneous absurdity. Shy

We all began as something else.

~The Purifier/Chronicles of Riddick; speaking of favorite lines.

Just got back from Little Sebago Lake in Maine; countdown's on. Three more days, doing that shit again. Thumbsup

living word
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-08-2012, 04:52 PM
(12-08-2012 04:45 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(12-08-2012 11:09 AM)kim Wrote:  My favorite is: Dixie... Dixie Normus. Tongue

That is actually one of my favorite movie lines... I'm a sucker for spontaneous absurdity. Shy

We all began as something else.

~The Purifier/Chronicles of Riddick; speaking of favorite lines.

Just got back from Little Sebago Lake in Maine; countdown's on. Three more days, doing that shit again. Thumbsup

Don't be a bad boy, Johnny.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
Find all posts by this user
12-08-2012, 10:56 PM
Got a test worth 20% of one of my papers in about an hour.
So did a quick learn the topic for that one.
It's corporate law so it's a piece of piss.

Then got a test tomorrow worth 30% for accounting. Might extent the study time from 2hours to three being my weaker subject and all.

Then just some economics stuff that will take like 40minutes tops. (Literally, it's online and it's timed, 20mins each thing).
Then got another test next week for consumer law worth 20% of that paper, that'll be easy.
Then I got two weeks off after next week, then I should be good to bum around until late September when i got a couple assignments. Then after that it's exams mid November then I should off for like 2-3months then 1 more year and I'm done.

Also, thinking about possible business ventures.
Let me pose to you, relestate.
Relestate agents get paid on commission, so no sale no pay (good for me who has to pay them) and I would get a cut of their commission, say 10% or so. Sounds easy enough.

[Image: oscar.png]
13-08-2012, 11:55 AM
Yay! I'm not drunk right now. Big Grin

living word
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
13-08-2012, 11:56 AM
(13-08-2012 11:55 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Yay! I'm not drunk right now. Big Grin

Well, it's still early in the day...Drinking Beverage

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
13-08-2012, 12:35 PM
(13-08-2012 11:56 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(13-08-2012 11:55 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Yay! I'm not drunk right now. Big Grin

Well, it's still early in the day...Drinking Beverage

[Image: tumblr_luiod29u1n1qmx8wh.jpg]

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 2 users Like Vosur's post
13-08-2012, 02:56 PM
9 more days at that job and I am gone, finally.
I love most of the people there but the job itself....
After a while it gets very boring and very repetative so I became a mentor, getting bored again so now I learnt how to be a Quality Check person, so now I am doing three jobs at once there, still bored as fuck, brainless stuff...
The only thing that refreshens me is when they bring in policy updates or new versions of our program because that means that nothing is working and noone knows what they are doing. Welcome change > Just like today.
I will be happy to leave this job very soon and going into selfemployment where I can decide when and how much I want to earn (pretty much at least)

And it is hot and I've been sweating like a pig today... well pigs don't swear but yeah... whatever. very hot and moist outside... and i am so tired, did i mention that I did not really rest this last weekend?
I was packing and planning and sorting stuff and organising things online, and running through town to buy tickets from an airline that noone wants to work with but I needed this airline because they are the only ones flying to that very airport. And so we had to actually go to the airport to buy the friggin tickets there. Gosh am I tired, this whole weekend alltogether I had maybe 4 hours of rest... And now I put up flyers at work so people can buy my furniture. And I am so tired. I actually had 3 cups of coffee today just to stay functional at work. I am normally not drinking coffee so it actually works for me when I do that.

I am going to shower now and then I will go to sleep...

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
- Wotsefack?! -
13-08-2012, 07:29 PM
great, so this test in 4hours I went to go study for (because I haven't been going to lectures because they're at the most annoying time of day) and low and behold the fucking lecturer hasn't put up all the lecture slides like every single one of my other lecturers do.
So now not only do I still have no fucking idea what this course is even about other then something accounting related but I have no idea what to even study.

Meh. Just wing it I guess.

13-08-2012, 08:12 PM
Ranting corner
(13-08-2012 07:29 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  great, so this test in 4hours I went to go study for (because I haven't been going to lectures because they're at the most annoying time of day) and low and behold the fucking lecturer hasn't put up all the lecture slides like every single one of my other lecturers do.
So now not only do I still have no fucking idea what this course is even about other then something accounting related but I have no idea what to even study.

I can't tell you how many times of dreamed about this very situation. Usually in the dream I can't find the classroom because I didn't go all term long.
Hope you do better than the dream Erxomai!

~Izel
13-08-2012, 08:32 PM
(13-08-2012 08:12 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(13-08-2012 07:29 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  great, so this test in 4hours I went to go study for (because I haven't been going to lectures because they're at the most annoying time of day) and low and behold the fucking lecturer hasn't put up all the lecture slides like every single one of my other lecturers do.

I can't tell you how many times of dreamed about this very situation. Usually in the dream I can't find the classroom because I didn't go all term long.
Hope you do better than the dream Erxomai!

Lol.

So I was able to find the name of the textbook for this course I'm suppose to have brought (lol, me buy textbooks). I was then able to find a free online copy.
So I'm looking at it and I have to read the first 4chapters in 3hours.
30minutes later I'm finished the first chapter. That's 10hours work compressed into 30minutes. This is why I hate schooling, what I can do in 30minutes others take 10hours. This is why I don't go to lectures (for this class anyway). Waste of 2hours a week (Then it's suppose to be roughly 8hours study at home, thus the 10hours a week) to have someone stand in front of us and explain what we just read. It's like I understand it, I don't need you to explain it to me. What kind of textbook doesn't explain something anyway, it's like if it didn't explain shit and teach you shit then it's can hardly be considered a textbook in the first place.
Anyway, don't need to do chapter2 apparently so on to Chapter3: Qualitative Characteristics of Useful Financial Information. Should be a blast.