Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
15-02-2014, 12:13 PM
RE: Ranting corner
Going to have my eyes examined Monday which means I then have to go through something really sucky...picking out new glasses. I don't care for the ones I have worn for the last year but may keep them for sunglasses.

But I hate trying to find a pair of frames that look okay, are comfortable, and that I won't hate halfway through the year. UGH...

Or maybe this is my first world problem. Regardless - BLAH.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-02-2014, 12:17 PM (This post was last modified: 15-02-2014 12:31 PM by Lienda Bella.)
I'm also pissed off because I once again didn't get to finish a really pleasurable dream! I got to be Dorothy and be led into a blissful land where I get to chose whatever I want. This was probably going to include some freckly white men, border collie dogs, cake, alcohol, candy, raw fruit!, no pollution, no starving people, no sick kids, etc. perfect little planet. A happy guy in a tuxedo was bringing me through the door when Grandpa arrived to give his usual Saturday pounding on the front door. Him and mother then proceeded to have a laugh on the sofa about how having a winter this year means that those of us who worry about all the pollution are morons!

'face palm' Yes, Grandpa woke me up. This kind of belongs in the "first world problems" thread to, doesn't it.
15-02-2014, 12:42 PM
Figure of speech, Bob, figure of speech! [Image: annoyed.gif] (Though sometimes I really do wish I could hit myself. Not that it would help)

(15-02-2014 11:37 AM)Cephalotus Wrote:  Why can't people ever just be who they say they are?

I think the question should be why can't they be who they are, not who they say they are. And the answer... the answer is that a lot of people genuinely don't know themselves, not really anyway, and do believe the idealised, brushed-up version they present to the world.

And even those who sorta kinda suspect that that airbrushed version of them isn't quite the real them... well, you maintain a lie long enough, who knows, maybe it'll become the truth. Or at least you could fool people into believing it is...

The Internet is perfect for being who you want to be/who you want to be perceived as, rather than who you really are.

And I think it's damn sad, both the lack of self-knowledge and the desperate (and doomed) attempt to plaster one's life and personality with makeup and sell it as the real you (as sad as the need for approval and the empty compliments of whoever's willing to give them, in order to feel better about yourself. Or the need to hide the real you.).

And no, I'm not normally such a bleak person.
Just every other day. Rolleyes

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
[+] 2 users Like Vera's post
15-02-2014, 01:14 PM
(15-02-2014 12:42 PM)Vera Wrote:  And even those who sorta kinda suspect that that airbrushed version of them isn't quite the real them... well, you maintain a lie long enough, who knows, maybe it'll become the truth. Or at least you could fool people into believing it is...

That's the part I don't understand, especially with my exes. *EVERYONE* you know is paying attention to your activity and commenting on it. That means if you constantly insult something just to look kewl for your internet buddies (but are a hypocrite and still do it yourself) all your rl friends and family are going to eventually get fed up and call you out. Just the other day one of my old coworkers complained about being "so fuqing bizy 2day" and his wife commented about the fact that he had been in his pajamas web surfing for the past 3 hours! >_<

I mean, I know the internet is escapism. And I knew things like this happened to varying degrees because the nature of the internet allows it. But....I didn't think it was seriously like almost everyone I knew doing this. It's just weird and creepy. I already have issues with this and these people decided to befriend me anyhow. Grrrrrr.

THIS USER IS NO LONGER ACTIVE. THANK YOU, AND HAVE A GREAT DAY! http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...a-few-days
15-02-2014, 02:13 PM
(15-02-2014 01:14 PM)Cephalotus Wrote:  Just the other day one of my old coworkers complained about being "so fuqing bizy 2day" and his wife commented about the fact that he had been in his pajamas web surfing for the past 3 hours! >_<

Haha. Well, that's just dumb. I meant the more elaborate shows people put on.

(Speaking of exes, stumbled upon this article on FB and exes and how it makes it so much harder to move on. Forgot most of it (doesn't concern me), but one of the points was exatly that the ex is only going to post the happy side of their lives and not how much they miss you and that seeing them like this would make it harder for you to move on. Something like this).

And speaking of idiocy on FB, I think this takes the cherry. Not because it's the dumbest thing I've seen per se (even though it is stupid), but because the person posted it with the comment: "From me to me". Sweet pathetic mother of god! (Would feel sorry for her, is she wasn't a stupid, religious homophobe who once told a lesbian friend of ours that new girls had arrived and to "go and check out the talent". I almost threw up. Luckily, our friend didn't get it.)

[Image: 1512482_676908722361700_81289380_n.jpg]

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
[+] 1 user Likes Vera's post
15-02-2014, 03:12 PM
(15-02-2014 12:42 PM)Vera Wrote:  Figure of speech, Bob, figure of speech! [Image: annoyed.gif] (Though sometimes I really do wish I could hit myself. Not that it would help)

(15-02-2014 11:37 AM)Cephalotus Wrote:  Why can't people ever just be who they say they are?

The Internet is perfect for being who you want to be/who you want to be perceived as, rather than who you really are.

This is very true.
On the internet, I can pretend I am a human being instead of the cat I truly am.

[Image: giphy.gif]
15-02-2014, 03:22 PM
Why cant people see shit my way....... I know I'm right Angry

FTW

If bullshit were music some people would be a brass band.
[+] 1 user Likes War Horse's post
15-02-2014, 03:46 PM
(15-02-2014 03:12 PM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  On the internet, I can pretend I am a human being instead of the cat I truly am.

Rowwwr.

[Image: furry.jpg]

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
15-02-2014, 03:50 PM
(15-02-2014 03:46 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(15-02-2014 03:12 PM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  On the internet, I can pretend I am a human being instead of the cat I truly am.

Rowwwr.

[Image: furry.jpg]

[Image: cannot-be-unseen_zps26afa3c3.jpg]

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
15-02-2014, 04:01 PM
(15-02-2014 02:13 PM)Vera Wrote:  
(15-02-2014 01:14 PM)Cephalotus Wrote:  Just the other day one of my old coworkers complained about being "so fuqing bizy 2day" and his wife commented about the fact that he had been in his pajamas web surfing for the past 3 hours! >_<

Haha. Well, that's just dumb. I meant the more elaborate shows people put on.

(Speaking of exes, stumbled upon this article on FB and exes and how it makes it so much harder to move on. Forgot most of it (doesn't concern me), but one of the points was exatly that the ex is only going to post the happy side of their lives and not how much they miss you and that seeing them like this would make it harder for you to move on. Something like this).

And speaking of idiocy on FB, I think this takes the cherry. Not because it's the dumbest thing I've seen per se (even though it is stupid), but because the person posted it with the comment: "From me to me". Sweet pathetic mother of god! (Would feel sorry for her, is she wasn't a stupid, religious homophobe who once told a lesbian friend of ours that new girls had arrived and to "go and check out the talent". I almost threw up. Luckily, our friend didn't get it.)

[Image: 1512482_676908722361700_81289380_n.jpg]

Ha ha. Reminds of this.