Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
15-02-2014, 04:05 PM (This post was last modified: 15-02-2014 04:09 PM by GirlyMan.)
RE: Ranting corner
(15-02-2014 12:13 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Going to have my eyes examined Monday which means I then have to go through something really sucky...picking out new glasses. I don't care for the ones I have worn for the last year but may keep them for sunglasses.

But I hate trying to find a pair of frames that look okay, are comfortable, and that I won't hate halfway through the year. UGH...

Or maybe this is my first world problem. Regardless - BLAH.

There are places you can try them on virtually. Here's one from GlassesUSA. And remember never to buy your glasses from your eye doc. What he charges me $600-700 for I can get at Costco for under $200. And I can bring my own frames and script and they got no problem using my frames. Think I'm going with the "Where's Gödel?" look this year.

[Image: godel.jpg][Image: waldo.jpg]

#sigh
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
15-02-2014, 04:05 PM
I was behind a car today that had printed on the trunk in huge letters, "Music by Angie".... ha, made me think of Anjele. Smile

Funny how the mind works when your on a bike and music's blaring. Consider

If bullshit were music some people would be a brass band.
[+] 2 users Like War Horse's post
15-02-2014, 04:10 PM
(15-02-2014 04:05 PM)War Horse Wrote:  I was behind a car today that had printed on the trunk in huge letters, "Music by Angie".... ha, made me think of Anjele. Smile

Funny how the mind works when your on a bike and music's blaring. Consider

You wouldn't want to hear any music made by me! I am musically challenged. Tongue

Love it, just can make it.

(05-06-2017 04:14 PM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  Are you as ugly as you post? ...
And you can come get my guns if you'd like to try. I'll take you to the range and give you three rounds headstart.
15-02-2014, 04:12 PM
(15-02-2014 04:05 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(15-02-2014 12:13 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Going to have my eyes examined Monday which means I then have to go through something really sucky...picking out new glasses. I don't care for the ones I have worn for the last year but may keep them for sunglasses.

But I hate trying to find a pair of frames that look okay, are comfortable, and that I won't hate halfway through the year. UGH...

Or maybe this is my first world problem. Regardless - BLAH.

There are places you can try them on virtually. Here's one from GlassesUSA. And remember never to buy your glasses from your eye doc. What he charges me $600-700 for I can get at Costco for under $200. And I can bring my own frames and script and they got no problem using my frames. Think I'm going with the "Where's Gödel?" look this year.

[Image: godel.jpg][Image: waldo.jpg]

I have that whole progressive lens thing going on and if it's not perfect it really sucks. And my vision changes a lot so I can't get by with going a couple years or so like I used to. My eyes seem to age at about twice the rate I do.

(05-06-2017 04:14 PM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  Are you as ugly as you post? ...
And you can come get my guns if you'd like to try. I'll take you to the range and give you three rounds headstart.
15-02-2014, 04:38 PM
(15-02-2014 04:12 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I have that whole progressive lens thing going on and if it's not perfect it really sucks. And my vision changes a lot so I can't get by with going a couple years or so like I used to. My eyes seem to age at about twice the rate I do.

Yup. My progressive bifocals change every year now and I have to get the highest refractive index 'cause my diopters are like 9-10 and I'd be wearing coke bottle bottoms otherwise. Costco can handle all that for me for like $120 for the lenses.

#sigh
15-02-2014, 07:22 PM
TSG, you brony twat, where are you?!
[Image: f81f025f9c19a784c21325a400ff2ca2.png]

[Image: x6DEbV5.gif]
15-02-2014, 07:30 PM
can't stand when people go off their meds unexpectedly. They just fire away at others and make huge asses of themselves.

one minute they are fine-- the next its BOOM!

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
16-02-2014, 04:12 AM
These knucklehead weathermen!

A few days ago they called for two inches - we got 8-10. Today the called for none - We got two! This is the whitest year we've had in a while.

16-02-2014, 01:22 PM
Moving day today.
16-02-2014, 02:19 PM
(16-02-2014 01:22 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Moving day today.

Say hello to your mum for me.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post