Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
15-02-2014, 04:05 PM (This post was last modified: 15-02-2014 04:09 PM by GirlyMan.)
RE: Ranting corner
(15-02-2014 12:13 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Going to have my eyes examined Monday which means I then have to go through something really sucky...picking out new glasses. I don't care for the ones I have worn for the last year but may keep them for sunglasses.

But I hate trying to find a pair of frames that look okay, are comfortable, and that I won't hate halfway through the year. UGH...

Or maybe this is my first world problem. Regardless - BLAH.

There are places you can try them on virtually. Here's one from GlassesUSA. And remember never to buy your glasses from your eye doc. What he charges me $600-700 for I can get at Costco for under $200. And I can bring my own frames and script and they got no problem using my frames. Think I'm going with the "Where's Gödel?" look this year.

[Image: godel.jpg][Image: waldo.jpg]

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
15-02-2014, 04:05 PM
I was behind a car today that had printed on the trunk in huge letters, "Music by Angie".... ha, made me think of Anjele. Smile

Funny how the mind works when your on a bike and music's blaring. Consider

If bullshit were music some people would be a brass band.
[+] 2 users Like War Horse's post
15-02-2014, 04:10 PM
(15-02-2014 04:05 PM)War Horse Wrote:  I was behind a car today that had printed on the trunk in huge letters, "Music by Angie".... ha, made me think of Anjele. Smile

Funny how the mind works when your on a bike and music's blaring. Consider

You wouldn't want to hear any music made by me! I am musically challenged. Tongue

Love it, just can make it.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
15-02-2014, 04:12 PM
(15-02-2014 04:05 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(15-02-2014 12:13 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Going to have my eyes examined Monday which means I then have to go through something really sucky...picking out new glasses. I don't care for the ones I have worn for the last year but may keep them for sunglasses.

But I hate trying to find a pair of frames that look okay, are comfortable, and that I won't hate halfway through the year. UGH...

Or maybe this is my first world problem. Regardless - BLAH.

There are places you can try them on virtually. Here's one from GlassesUSA. And remember never to buy your glasses from your eye doc. What he charges me $600-700 for I can get at Costco for under $200. And I can bring my own frames and script and they got no problem using my frames. Think I'm going with the "Where's Gödel?" look this year.

[Image: godel.jpg][Image: waldo.jpg]

I have that whole progressive lens thing going on and if it's not perfect it really sucks. And my vision changes a lot so I can't get by with going a couple years or so like I used to. My eyes seem to age at about twice the rate I do.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
15-02-2014, 04:38 PM
(15-02-2014 04:12 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I have that whole progressive lens thing going on and if it's not perfect it really sucks. And my vision changes a lot so I can't get by with going a couple years or so like I used to. My eyes seem to age at about twice the rate I do.

Yup. My progressive bifocals change every year now and I have to get the highest refractive index 'cause my diopters are like 9-10 and I'd be wearing coke bottle bottoms otherwise. Costco can handle all that for me for like $120 for the lenses.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
15-02-2014, 07:22 PM
TSG, you brony twat, where are you?!
[Image: f81f025f9c19a784c21325a400ff2ca2.png]

[Image: 20cad83ad8d757191e2878b0f4bf05a9.png]
"Don't answer that. A rhetorical question."
15-02-2014, 07:30 PM
can't stand when people go off their meds unexpectedly. They just fire away at others and make huge asses of themselves.

one minute they are fine-- the next its BOOM!

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
16-02-2014, 04:12 AM
These knucklehead weathermen!

A few days ago they called for two inches - we got 8-10. Today the called for none - We got two! This is the whitest year we've had in a while.

16-02-2014, 01:22 PM
Moving day today.

[Image: oscar.png]
16-02-2014, 02:19 PM
(16-02-2014 01:22 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Moving day today.

Say hello to your mum for me.

[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post