Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
20-02-2014, 10:46 PM
RE: Ranting corner
So this new job is for an agency with close ties to government programs...that means that they talk in acronyms, many of them very similar. No

Add to that, they have the biggest, baddest, best computers and software programs but log everything into spiral notebooks. Facepalm

Leave it to the government to make things as difficult and time-consuming as possible.

Would be a really good job but I think everyone there (except me) suffers from ADHD...no one seems able to keep with one thought for more than a second.

My brain is mush right now.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
21-02-2014, 07:15 AM
(20-02-2014 10:46 PM)Anjele Wrote:  So this new job is for an agency with close ties to government programs...that means that they talk in acronyms, many of them very similar. No

Add to that, they have the biggest, baddest, best computers and software programs but log everything into spiral notebooks. Facepalm

Leave it to the government to make things as difficult and time-consuming as possible.

Would be a really good job but I think everyone there (except me) suffers from ADHD...no one seems able to keep with one thought for more than a second.

My brain is mush right now.

I've worked for/with government agencies. I feel you. Hug

We used to joke that the fraud, waste, and abuse hotline wasn't for getting people in trouble, it was for getting people promoted. Facepalm

Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up.

"Let me give you some advice, bastard: never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you." - Tyrion Lannister
21-02-2014, 07:35 AM
(20-02-2014 04:17 PM)aurora Wrote:  
(20-02-2014 04:14 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  WOOOOOOOO

Rainbow Vomit

Crickets

Who the hell spews up rainbows? Dodgy

The resident gays. Drinking Beverage

[+] 3 users Like Dark Light's post
21-02-2014, 05:33 PM
(21-02-2014 07:35 AM)Dark Light Wrote:  
(20-02-2014 04:17 PM)aurora Wrote:  Who the hell spews up rainbows? Dodgy

The resident gays. Drinking Beverage

[Image: NN3fs4l.jpg]

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 8 users Like Free Thought's post
21-02-2014, 05:40 PM
Where is Happy (aka earmuffs)?

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
21-02-2014, 05:50 PM
(21-02-2014 05:40 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Where is Happy (aka earmuffs)?

He was moving not sure when he is due back.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
21-02-2014, 10:01 PM (This post was last modified: 21-02-2014 10:08 PM by Ferdinand.)
So lately I've been in terrible situations with dudes. Like a couple of weeks ago I wanted a boyfriend and now I just want to be alone.

First terrible awkward situation:

Around Valentines day, I think I posted in the "small things that make you smile" or "why was today a good day" thread that an autistic(?) boy gave me an anonymous valentine. He put his number inside of the valentine and I gave his number to two of my friends so they could find out who he was.

I found out who the boy was. Ever since the beginning of the year, this random kid would always approach pizzaqueen, legendoflink and I and hug all of us. We didn't know him, and none of us had ever talked to him. It was really weird... and he would do it casually and naturally, not humorously as if it were a joke. It sort of made me think something was socially off about him, because (not to be mean or rude) he just seemed that way.

He would literally stop us in the middle of the hall to hug us and we would simply keep walking. It got extremely irritating, and legendoflink yelled at him in the halls one day for it. After that day, he left her alone, and only approached pizzaqueen and myself.

Then, he stopped approaching pizzaqueen, and would only hug me.

He tells everyone he has adhd, which would explain the way he acts. Except I don't believe that. I've been around kids enough to sort of tell, and my sister has severe adhd. It doesn't make you act... how he acts. I think he may have aspergers instead. But he's socially peculiar (again, not to be rude.)

I didn't mind the Valentine until he sent me a really weird love letter. One of my friends that texted him to figure out who he was delivered the letter to me. In the letter he talked about my lady parts and told me over and over that he loved me.

It got really creepy, really fast. Sad

I got one of my teachers to read the letter, and the teacher, who I'm close to, even admitted that he thought it was creepy too.

I didn't pay any mind to it. I was like well okay he has a crush cool. I wasn't going to be mean about it, even if it was creepy.

The night after, he called the second friend (of the two who had texted him to figure out who he was) fifteen times trying to get my number from her.

The following afternoon, he approached me after school, and it just got very very weird. I ended up reporting to a counselor the following day. I showed the counselor the letter he had given me and brought my friend and her phone containing fifteen phone calls and butt loads of text messages begging for my number. I attempted to explain to the counselor that I just wanted to be left alone, because the situation was becoming a bit uncomfortable for me to bare.

I may sound like an awful shit head when I say this, but I'm fucking up in one of my main classes I need to graduate. I don't need to stress about avoiding some kid whilst changing classes.

The counselor called the boy into her office later in the day, and told him that she had spoken with a superintendent about the situation, because on this particular day, we had state superintendents walking around monitoring the school. The superintendent and counselor agreed that his actions could be considered stalking, and he needed to leave me and my friend alone. They told him that if they received any other complaints they would handle the situation with more than just a warning.

After that, I didn't see him anymore. But as I went up to my locker today, a friend (whose locker is beside mine) told me that he was pacing back and forth in front of my locker this morning, as if waiting for me.

Ok second terribly awkward situation:

Went on a really awkward triple date tonight. The guy who my friend was trying to set me up with was a lot older than me.

Like..... he was 24. Confused

On top of me being a bit (or majorly) thrown off by his age, our conversations were generic and bland and there was no chemistry at all. I dreaded even meeting him all week, because I knew the feeling would be extremely un-mutual; I knew by his age, his appearances, his topics of interest, the details he threw into conversation, his history, etc... but my friends urged me to at least meet him anyways.

I got over the awkwardness quickly, but I still felt uncomfortable. I couldn't even make eye to eye conversation with him, I felt so out of place. However, I was thankful two of my good friends were there to sort of water down and hide how uncomfortable I was. At the end of the night, he seemed really pissy and upset. Like a grumpy baby. But man, I don't blame him one bit. I don't blame myself either.

Whenever one of my friends and I went to the bathroom, he said to the couple that drove me home at the end of the night "Is what's her face riding home with your guys?" and "Does someone her age have a curfew still?" as if playing it off. However, once I had returned, he texted my friend who had gone to the bathroom with me saying "I'd really like alone time with her so I can get to know her. I don't want to wait on a 'maybe.' She's the one I want." which was somewhat creepy

Anyways, my two friends brought me home, and he texted back "Why didn't we spend time together to get to know one another tonight?"

Aw shit. Sad

The only upside to my night:

We went to an acoustic coffee house and I tipped a guy preforming with my number on a napkin strip.

Hallelujah. Blush
21-02-2014, 11:45 PM
Ugh I can't stop sneezing!

21-02-2014, 11:54 PM
(21-02-2014 10:01 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  So lately I've been in terrible situations with dudes. Like a couple of weeks ago I wanted a boyfriend and now I just want to be alone.

First terrible awkward situation:

Around Valentines day, I think I posted in the "small things that make you smile" or "why was today a good day" thread that an autistic(?) boy gave me an anonymous valentine. He put his number inside of the valentine and I gave his number to two of my friends so they could find out who he was.

I found out who the boy was. Ever since the beginning of the year, this random kid would always approach pizzaqueen, legendoflink and I and hug all of us. We didn't know him, and none of us had ever talked to him. It was really weird... and he would do it casually and naturally, not humorously as if it were a joke. It sort of made me think something was socially off about him, because (not to be mean or rude) he just seemed that way.

He would literally stop us in the middle of the hall to hug us and we would simply keep walking. It got extremely irritating, and legendoflink yelled at him in the halls one day for it. After that day, he left her alone, and only approached pizzaqueen and myself.

Then, he stopped approaching pizzaqueen, and would only hug me.

He tells everyone he has adhd, which would explain the way he acts. Except I don't believe that. I've been around kids enough to sort of tell, and my sister has severe adhd. It doesn't make you act... how he acts. I think he may have aspergers instead. But he's socially peculiar (again, not to be rude.)

I didn't mind the Valentine until he sent me a really weird love letter. One of my friends that texted him to figure out who he was delivered the letter to me. In the letter he talked about my lady parts and told me over and over that he loved me.

It got really creepy, really fast. Sad

I got one of my teachers to read the letter, and the teacher, who I'm close to, even admitted that he thought it was creepy too.

I didn't pay any mind to it. I was like well okay he has a crush cool. I wasn't going to be mean about it, even if it was creepy.

The night after, he called the second friend (of the two who had texted him to figure out who he was) fifteen times trying to get my number from her.

The following afternoon, he approached me after school, and it just got very very weird. I ended up reporting to a counselor the following day. I showed the counselor the letter he had given me and brought my friend and her phone containing fifteen phone calls and butt loads of text messages begging for my number. I attempted to explain to the counselor that I just wanted to be left alone, because the situation was becoming a bit uncomfortable for me to bare.

I may sound like an awful shit head when I say this, but I'm fucking up in one of my main classes I need to graduate. I don't need to stress about avoiding some kid whilst changing classes.

The counselor called the boy into her office later in the day, and told him that she had spoken with a superintendent about the situation, because on this particular day, we had state superintendents walking around monitoring the school. The superintendent and counselor agreed that his actions could be considered stalking, and he needed to leave me and my friend alone. They told him that if they received any other complaints they would handle the situation with more than just a warning.

After that, I didn't see him anymore. But as I went up to my locker today, a friend (whose locker is beside mine) told me that he was pacing back and forth in front of my locker this morning, as if waiting for me.

Ok second terribly awkward situation:

Went on a really awkward triple date tonight. The guy who my friend was trying to set me up with was a lot older than me.

Like..... he was 24. Confused

On top of me being a bit (or majorly) thrown off by his age, our conversations were generic and bland and there was no chemistry at all. I dreaded even meeting him all week, because I knew the feeling would be extremely un-mutual; I knew by his age, his appearances, his topics of interest, the details he threw into conversation, his history, etc... but my friends urged me to at least meet him anyways.

I got over the awkwardness quickly, but I still felt uncomfortable. I couldn't even make eye to eye conversation with him, I felt so out of place. However, I was thankful two of my good friends were there to sort of water down and hide how uncomfortable I was. At the end of the night, he seemed really pissy and upset. Like a grumpy baby. But man, I don't blame him one bit. I don't blame myself either.

Whenever one of my friends and I went to the bathroom, he said to the couple that drove me home at the end of the night "Is what's her face riding home with your guys?" and "Does someone her age have a curfew still?" as if playing it off. However, once I had returned, he texted my friend who had gone to the bathroom with me saying "I'd really like alone time with her so I can get to know her. I don't want to wait on a 'maybe.' She's the one I want." which was somewhat creepy

Anyways, my two friends brought me home, and he texted back "Why didn't we spend time together to get to know one another tonight?"

Aw shit. Sad

The only upside to my night:

We went to an acoustic coffee house and I tipped a guy preforming with my number on a napkin strip.

Hallelujah. Blush

Guy number one and two need to go.

Dude number three the one you tipped with your phone number...

Sounds kinda funny.

You need to focus more on school so you can graduate and get out.
Hug

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
21-02-2014, 11:57 PM
(21-02-2014 05:50 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(21-02-2014 05:40 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Where is Happy (aka earmuffs)?

He was moving not sure when he is due back.

Maybe *that* Tuesday. Dodgy