Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
22-02-2014, 02:03 PM (This post was last modified: 22-02-2014 02:14 PM by GirlyMan.)
RE: Ranting corner
(22-02-2014 09:29 AM)Vera Wrote:  ... at least I don't have to read an egomaniac blabbering how his nonsensical kiddie rhymes are a tribute to Ezra fucking Pound. I swear to god, for about two hours after that I was walking around the house, mumbling "Ezra Pound" under my breath like someone possessed. Ezra bloody Pound! Angry)

For Vera's Eyes Only.

Love, Girly.
I'm a bad bad man. Blush

#sigh
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-02-2014, 02:24 PM
(22-02-2014 02:03 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  I'm a bad bad man.

But... but... I thought you were a little girly Blink

And you didn't listen to Nina Simone and did let me be misunderstood. Have no beef with Ezra Pound. But a beef about this size with that egomaniacal piece of arrogant **** Dawkins, whose childhood gibberish was apparently a tribute to Ezra Pound. Part of me almost wishes there was a god so that Dawkins could be proved wrong. The ego on that man!

And speaking of beef, here you go, Girly, dearest. (By the great Issa no less!)

the sumo wrestler
and the pine
grow old together

autumn sumo tournament--
from day one
mountain clouds

avoiding the wildflowers
he squats...
sumo champion

not trodding on the shadow
of the tomb's tree...
sumo wrestler

from the pines
frogs watch, too...
sumo wrestling

autumn wind--
the former sumo wrestler
a begging priest

sumo champion--
he won't even step
on a bug

sumo wrestling--
in the trees even the frogs
cheer

the sun sets
on the tournament...
sumo champion

defeated sumo wrestler--
is his father
watching too?

wringing her hands
for her sumo wrestler...
a woman

he's become a
sumo wrestler! the proud
parents

beloved by the
lord of the province...
sumo wrestler

in loincloth
raising his sake...
sumo wrestler

turning aside
to look at Mount Fuji...
sumo champion

stooping
to enter my house...
sumo wrestler

the sumo wrestler
apologizing, releases
the sparrow

God, I love haiku so much... Blush

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Vera's post
22-02-2014, 02:39 PM (This post was last modified: 22-02-2014 02:47 PM by GirlyMan.)
(22-02-2014 02:24 PM)Vera Wrote:  sumo champion--
he won't even step
on a bug

Ladybugs
In Winter
Like my desk.
I leave them to it.

I'm serious. Fucking ladybugs invade our offices every winter.

#sigh
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
22-02-2014, 02:49 PM
(22-02-2014 02:39 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Ladybugs
In Winter
Like my desk.
I leave them be.

I'm serious. Fucking ladybugs invade our offices every winter.

I love ladybugs! Joaninha (little Joana) in Portuguese. I know I've probably said it before and I'm really not one to toot my own horn (god, in light of some of the previous posts that would have sounded even worse had I been a man... which, for all you know, I might very well be Angel ), but one of my first tales in Portuguese was about how the ladybug got its spots - it used to be completely red, but was vain and would make fun of everybody and... long story short, after being turned black, it finally ended up with little spots to remind it that no one is perfect and we should accept people the way they are.

Ain't I the smug (as a bug) preacher Rolleyes

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
22-02-2014, 03:15 PM
I want punch everyone in my family in the head!

Everyone wants to sell it and move somewhere nicer, but nobody wants to do any fucking work to get it there!!

Husbands desk is headed to the dump if I have to deal with it tomorrow.

Fuckers complain all week about not having time during the week, well, it's Saturday... Time to get in gear!

Any happy single people read this here's my advice-- stay happy, don't ever get married, don't have kids.

Whew! Feels better to get that out, carry on

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
[+] 2 users Like Bows and Arrows's post
22-02-2014, 03:22 PM
(22-02-2014 03:15 PM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  I want punch everyone in my family in the head!

Everyone wants to sell it and move somewhere nicer, but nobody wants to do any fucking work to get it there!!

Husbands desk is headed to the dump if I have to deal with it tomorrow.

Fuckers complain all week about not having time during the week, well, it's Saturday... Time to get in gear!

Any happy single people read this here's my advice-- stay happy, don't ever get married, don't have kids.

Whew! Feels better to get that out, carry on

Got that right Bows !!!!

"I wish I knew now, what I didnt know then". ( Seger got that one on the head)

All we can do is move forward...damn good timing for your comment for me right now. Thumbsup

If bullshit were music some people would be a brass band.
[+] 2 users Like War Horse's post
22-02-2014, 03:31 PM
My head hurts Sad

22-02-2014, 03:38 PM
I'm drunk...... Bechased HIC ! Smartass

If bullshit were music some people would be a brass band.
22-02-2014, 03:57 PM
(22-02-2014 03:15 PM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  I want punch everyone in my family in the head!

That's just how ManlyGirl wakes our worthless asses up everyday. She's a force I got no inclination to reckon with. Big Grin

#sigh
22-02-2014, 08:54 PM
Y'know, for the most part I like my job but there's all sorts of little things that annoy me. Like we have a little spill guard like thing under our coffee and people pour their coffee in it. I want to pick the stupid thing up, splash a little in their face and loudly inform them that it is not a freakin' drain! And I want to slap all the people that feel the need to pull out aaaalllll the lids and straws for their soda. Slap them until they realize that one lid and one straw per beverage shall suffice!! And clean up after yourselves people!!! There's damn paper towels there! Use your little hands, grab the suckers, and wipe off the little bits of soda/coffee that dribbled from your cup!! And for god's sake, the table doesn't need sugar, it's holding a whole bunch, you don't need to pour out and put it on the table!! And that candy bar you just put there really goes only a few feet away! Make the effort and put it back you lazy ass! I swear, a majority of the people I work for are mentally 3! But you know what I hate most?! 20s and 100s. Almost 50% of the time someone pays with cash it's a 20, and I'm quickly wiped out of 5s, 10s and 1s. Then early in the morning when I don't have much money built up in my drawer is when people hand me a 100 dollar bill and of freaking course they don't have anything smaller! And they get all pissy at me cuz I can't break their $100 when all they want is a damn soda!! I HATE PEOPLE!!!

P.S.: Avoid being employed at a gas station if you're able to.
P.S.S: I have noted your rant Broken Arrow and will stay firm on my vow to only raise dogs.

[Image: notagain.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Miss Suzanne's post