Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
23-02-2014, 02:37 PM
RE: Ranting corner
(23-02-2014 02:27 PM)Cephalotus Wrote:  Well....last night I attended a vigil/WBC human blockade. He sent me a pm at 9 this morning saying that he *had* to remove me from his friend's list and he would be "praying for me." He thinks it's wrong that so many of us were trying to "oppress" the WBC by not letting them picket the vigil.

Good for you! Thumbsup Are you a member of the Patriot Gaurd ?

(23-02-2014 02:29 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  FML I'm still sick. Now I've got a cough that won't stop. It's pissing me off. Today I'm just tired.

I've got a lot of crap to do tomorrow too.

Get better Mom, we cant have you being sick now. No Hug

If bullshit were music some people would be a brass band.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes War Horse's post
23-02-2014, 02:44 PM
(23-02-2014 02:37 PM)War Horse Wrote:  Good for you! Thumbsup Are you a member of the Patriot Gaurd ?

I had to google this to know what you were talking about, so....no. Big Grin They were there, tho!

THIS USER IS NO LONGER ACTIVE. THANK YOU, AND HAVE A GREAT DAY! http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...a-few-days
[+] 1 user Likes Cephalotus's post
23-02-2014, 02:56 PM
(23-02-2014 02:44 PM)Cephalotus Wrote:  
(23-02-2014 02:37 PM)War Horse Wrote:  Good for you! Thumbsup Are you a member of the Patriot Gaurd ?

I had to google this to know what you were talking about, so....no. Big Grin They were there, tho!

Cool, they wont take any shit either, those WBC punks would do well to stay at home.. Angel Laugh out load

If bullshit were music some people would be a brass band.
[+] 1 user Likes War Horse's post
23-02-2014, 05:07 PM
I've been having severe mood swings lately and I have no idea why. One moment I am perfectly content with everything, but then I feel as if I could drown a baby bird.
23-02-2014, 05:10 PM
(23-02-2014 05:07 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  I've been having severe mood swings lately and I have no idea why. One moment I am perfectly content with everything, but then I feel as if I could drown a baby bird.

My advice; find a pond and a baby bird, see if you feel any better afterwards. Angel

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
23-02-2014, 05:12 PM
(23-02-2014 05:10 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  
(23-02-2014 05:07 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  I've been having severe mood swings lately and I have no idea why. One moment I am perfectly content with everything, but then I feel as if I could drown a baby bird.

My advice; find a pond and a baby bird, see if you feel any better afterwards. Angel

Oh, because I am just going to use my masculine arms to climb up a shit load of trees until I find a nest I can drown.

Sounds like an efficient plan.
23-02-2014, 05:14 PM
(23-02-2014 05:12 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  
(23-02-2014 05:10 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  My advice; find a pond and a baby bird, see if you feel any better afterwards. Angel

Oh, because I am just going to use my masculine arms to climb up a shit load of trees until I find a nest I can drown.

Need a leg up? Evil_monster

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
24-02-2014, 07:31 AM
That moment late at night when I come across this "as his tongue danced with hers, her eyes started to burn" (so did my eyes start to burn, too, but let's not digress)... and just when I'm trying (not) to imagine what dance they're doing and if this is why some people just don't mesh that way, 'cause one tongue's doing Swan Lake and the other - the hokey pokey... and then I come across this.

[Image: tongues-dancing.png?w=820]

"But I can tell you one thing I KNOW is wrong. Here’s a graph of the story arc of quite a few fantasy books that include an element of romance. Try to find the point at which these books go wrong.

[Image: story-arc-cropped.png]

Can you see where the author lost me?

That’s right, folks. It’s a classic case of what I call “The Dancing Tongues Problem”. You see, somewhere in the history of writing, someone decided that it was okay to describe French kissing with the cute little phrase “our tongues danced”. I feel it’s my obligation to tell the world: it is not okay. It is never okay.

Once tongues have danced, the book is never the same for me. No matter how far the action rises and how many evil kings are slain, I can’t forget that at that crucial moment when the characters first kissed, I was subjected to an image of their tongues rocking out to whatever song was stuck in my head at the time. "

What can I say - I just love it when I others bitch about the same totally obscure things that I bitch about Rolleyes

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
24-02-2014, 07:52 AM
(23-02-2014 05:12 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  Oh, because I am just going to use my masculine arms to climb up a shit load of trees until I find a nest I can drown.

I just had a hilarious image in my head of a posse of Ferdies swinging from branch to branch brutally murdering any wildlife in the way.

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
[+] 2 users Like Logica Humano's post
24-02-2014, 10:39 AM
Sometimes when I come here, and I see all these should-be-forgotten threads like Atheism Destroyed by a single question or Anything begun by mental masturbation...and I just facepalm myself...Repeatedly.

I need to stop that.

Facepalm

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post