Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
01-03-2014, 02:05 PM
RE: Ranting corner
(01-03-2014 01:52 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Want to come check out potential burglars at my house? No one else seems to willing to do it. Dodgy

Sure, right about now the burglars would find me in the right mood to make them reconsider their choice in life.

If bullshit were music some people would be a brass band.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-03-2014, 02:10 PM
(01-03-2014 02:00 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I have also heard that for those of us that aren't big and strong, a sharp upward blow to the jaw or nose with the heel of the hand can be quite effective without the damage to your knuckles.

You have to be quite close for a palm-heel strike to the jaw to have much power, since you're going to want to be striking primarily up with that. But yes, in the right circumstances that's a very powerful technique.

Palm-heel to the nose is so effective as to be potentially lethal; an option if necessary...

... this is my signature!
01-03-2014, 02:10 PM
(01-03-2014 02:05 PM)War Horse Wrote:  
(01-03-2014 01:52 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Want to come check out potential burglars at my house? No one else seems to willing to do it. Dodgy

Sure, right about now the burglars would find me in the right mood to make them reconsider their choice in life.

Perfect! Then I could just stay inside and hunt spiders. Thumbsup

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
01-03-2014, 09:38 PM
Still nearly 70F here. Thunderstorms are supposed to start in about an hour. By 4 tomorrow afternoon we are supposed to have sleet...WTF!

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
02-03-2014, 12:20 AM
(01-03-2014 09:38 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Still nearly 70F here. Thunderstorms are supposed to start in about an hour. By 4 tomorrow afternoon we are supposed to have sleet...WTF!

Somebody pissed off the gods, now didn't they?

You had best be off to Mt. Olympus with a sack full of sacrificial kittens.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
02-03-2014, 12:58 AM (This post was last modified: 02-03-2014 01:06 AM by rampant.a.i..)
Ranting corner
I've reached that point in my life where I'm part of a couple who doesn't want kids surrounded by couples with kids.

Every weekend I can expect a request for babysitting, followed by a guilt-trip for declining.

You'd think that "Don't want kids" + "Ain't got no kids" would be enough, but no.

"Hey, you wanna babysit my kids?"

No! What the hell would lead you to believe I do?

And I feel like a bad person for even thinking it. It's not enough to constantly defend why I decided to not have kids to people who look at me like I'm crazy for wanting to build a life without kids:
I'm also defective in that I don't want to watch their kids when they decide they're tired and need a break from having kids.

“It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.”
― Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes
02-03-2014, 05:22 AM
(02-03-2014 12:58 AM)rampant.a.i. Wrote:  I've reached that point in my life where I'm part of a couple who doesn't want kids surrounded by couples with kids.

Every weekend I can expect a request for babysitting, followed by a guilt-trip for declining.

You'd think that "Don't want kids" + "Ain't got no kids" would be enough, but no.

"Hey, you wanna babysit my kids?"

No! What the hell would lead you to believe I do?

And I feel like a bad person for even thinking it. It's not enough to constantly defend why I decided to not have kids to people who look at me like I'm crazy for wanting to build a life without kids:
I'm also defective in that I don't want to watch their kids when they decide they're tired and need a break from having kids.

Well that can easily be fixed.
Just demand -considerable- payment for services rendered every time they ask you to kid-sit. They will either stop asking or you will be paid substantially for your troubles.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 2 users Like Free Thought's post
02-03-2014, 06:31 AM
BIRDS ! Arrrggg Gasp We got so many, its like that movie , The Birds.

I cant walk through the front yard without getting attacked Hobo

Last year was the year of Cicadas and that means the bird population explodes..... it is kinda pretty to watch them and hear them singing in the morning, but by mid morning the fights start, we seem to have a high number of Cardinals and those birds aint affraid of anything......including me. Shocking

One even made a nest in my garage and seems to want to fight me for my bike... very awkward holding a broom up and backing the bike out. Angry Laugh out load

[+] 3 users Like War Horse's post
02-03-2014, 07:38 AM
Just great.... now the blue jays got in on the act. Bechased

02-03-2014, 04:06 PM
Angry ungrateful Censored Hobo Angry