Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
16-03-2014, 02:53 PM
RE: Ranting corner
Ha, I was just thinking about this thread...... Rolleyes

Since I bitched about my car getting painted in here, I may as well give the good news too.

I went to check on it this morning, as the painter called me to say that it was done but needed wet sanding and and buffing..... well, color match is perfect and he did a great job so far, but it'll still be a few days before I get it back. Undecided

Other than that, I could rant about the wind gusts today... 25mph+, and blowing my little bike all over the place.. but still, a good fucking ride !! Cool

If bullshit were music some people would be a brass band.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes War Horse's post
16-03-2014, 03:06 PM
TrollTube

Every astronomy, nature, tear pulling story, and oh-ah video I see this cliché.
"God is great."

I am so dam tired of it! There are things I would love to bark across right now! How about one of us hang around one of these people and show them just how annoying it is to hear the same line every dam time something happens at all!

When they drop a pen or any kind of object, stub their toe, nearly or indeed bump into someone, browse up an image of injury, look at sexy pictures, sigh from frustration, use a cuss word, get a flat tire, unplug something by accident, on and on, I'll say in their ear "Houston we have a problem." I wander how long they could stand that irrelevance without feeling just a little tortured?!
[+] 1 user Likes Lienda Bella's post
16-03-2014, 03:28 PM
(16-03-2014 03:06 PM)Lienda Bella Wrote:  "God is great."

Yeah yeah God is great. Yeah yeah God is good. Yeah yeah yeah ... yeah yeah yeah ... Thumbsup

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
16-03-2014, 03:39 PM
I hate hospitals. My mil has some mystery thing going on and despite every test under the sun they can't figure it out.

Her insurance will cover part of all this guessing game and we're on the hook for the rest.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

16-03-2014, 03:42 PM
(16-03-2014 03:39 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I hate hospitals. My mil has some mystery thing going on and despite every test under the sun they can't figure it out.

Her insurance will cover part of all this guessing game and we're on the hook for the rest.

Sorry to hear that, where is Dr. House when you need him?

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
16-03-2014, 06:07 PM
(16-03-2014 08:39 AM)ELK12695 Wrote:  
(15-03-2014 04:07 PM)Miss Suzanne Wrote:  Oh. My.God. I can relate. My work used to have so much Duck Dynasty. Duck Dynasty DvDs. Duck Dynasty ash tray. Even freakin' Duck Dynasty scratcher tickets. Then I'd go to WalMart and see even MORE Duck Dynasty. I felt like I was drowning in bearded men merchandise!! Sadcryface2

You should have quit your job, but before that you would replace all U's in Duck with I's. I do find Dick Dynasty a better name for that show.
Great, now I'm depressed because I missed that genius opportunity!! Weeping
I imagine a show called Dick Dynasty would get pretty big after a while.

[Image: notagain.gif]
17-03-2014, 04:57 AM
Okay ladies and gentlemen, I wish to tell you a tale, it's not really a rant, but how often do people actually rant in this thread anyway? And I don't think we have a thread for general stories and I'm not going to make one 'cause my average threads get like three responses and die.

On with the story:

So, as many may know I elected to revisit my classes from Year 12 as my Year 13 to improve my grades; as part of this I am redoing my Biology course. Now an important note here, my biology teacher (whom I have mentioned many a time here on the forum), was also my homegroup/room teacher for the last five years, so surely he has spoken to my other teachers come report time about my work and my other teachers are often highly praising of my work (assuming I actually work up the balls to submit any of it), so he should know that despite my years of suck and total ineptitude I'm actually very capable student and it's not unknown among my more 'common' teachers.

So, today we got our first practical report of the year back (after about two weeks waiting or more), when he gets to me and hands me mine he goes to walk on and suddenly stops mid step, takes a step back to me and asks flat:

"Did you write this, or did you have help?".
Excuse me? Did I do my own work?!
"Yes, I did it myself." I reply more than slightly confused.
"Oh, it's well done."

... What?
Without a doubt, this is the most backhanded compliment I have ever received! It was a real compliment but it was so off-handed that it is insulting!

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
17-03-2014, 04:41 PM
I hate how literature is butchered in translation.

Almost every single book I've bought translated in Greek is terrible terrible terrible. I can do a much better job.
It's ridiculous. They are being paid to do something they obviously couldn't care less about.
And I love translations. And I will never be a translator. Fuck you world Weeping

Even on TV shows. "Tiger Woods" was translated as... "tiger woods". Yeah. Woods with tigers? No fucking idea.

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-
17-03-2014, 05:01 PM
I was supposed to return back to work today, but I woke up in unbearable pain which has not subsided. I cannot function today without being high on pain pills, and I cannot drive to work high on pain pills, so I called in. My head feels like it got trampled in a stampede, and it doesn't look much better. I've been laying down in the dark with the shades drawn since I woke up. Urgh!

18-03-2014, 03:23 PM
Sinus infections fucking suck!

My whole head feels like it's in a vise, my ears are ringing, and I have spent the day either sneezing, blowing my nose, or trying to see through watery eyes.

I won't go into the fever and chills.

FUCK!

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat