Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
19-03-2014, 02:14 AM
RE: Ranting corner
Ya know what I'd love to do?
Ride a motorbike from Singapore to London.
Is that possible? I gotta look into that.

[Image: oscar.png]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-03-2014, 03:41 AM
My car came out looking like shit, professional painter my ass....plus he made it worse because the fuck doesnt know how to wet sand and buff a car. Angry

Sigh..... guess I get to waste a day or two finding someone to make this right. Sadcryface

Just pisses me off that people are such big talkers and cant back it up. Dodgy

If bullshit were music some people would be a brass band.
19-03-2014, 04:00 AM
(19-03-2014 03:41 AM)War Horse Wrote:  My car came out looking like shit, professional painter my ass....plus he made it worse because the fuck doesnt know how to wet sand and buff a car. Angry

Sigh..... guess I get to waste a day or two finding someone to make this right. Sadcryface

Just pisses me off that people are such big talkers and cant back it up. Dodgy

You see, the big problem you have is that you trusted somebody.

And that you care about the appearance of your car so greatly is an issue too...

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
19-03-2014, 04:46 AM
(19-03-2014 04:00 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  You see, the big problem you have is that you trusted somebody.

The guy came highly recommended.

Quote:And that you care about the appearance of your car so greatly is an issue too...

If you spent a good chunk of money for a paint job, wouldnt you care how it came out ?

And exactly why is it an "issue" that I would want my car to look decent?

19-03-2014, 05:08 AM
(19-03-2014 04:46 AM)War Horse Wrote:  
(19-03-2014 04:00 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  You see, the big problem you have is that you trusted somebody.

The guy came highly recommended.

Point remains; you trusted somebody.

(19-03-2014 04:46 AM)War Horse Wrote:  
(19-03-2014 04:00 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  And that you care about the appearance of your car so greatly is an issue too...

If you spent a good chunk of money for a paint job, wouldnt you care how it came out ?

And exactly why is it an "issue" that I would want my car to look decent?

If I spent a chunk of money on it, sure, but that if is about the equivalent of the Valles Marineris... A really big if.

I was being sarcastic and trying to imply that it's not something to get worked up over; the car still functions, right?

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
19-03-2014, 05:20 AM
(19-03-2014 05:08 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  Point remains; you trusted somebody.

That statement doesnt make sense, we all need to have some trust in other peoples ability to do their jobs properly....whatever that job may be.

Quote:If I spent a chunk of money on it, sure, but that if is about the equivalent of the Valles Marineris... A really big if.

I was being sarcastic and trying to imply that it's not something to get worked up over; the car still functions, right?

Maybe I just have more pride in the things I own and how they appear to me.

This would go for my cars,bike, house, clothing etc.

Whether or not the car still functions is beside the point , the paint job should have been done properly and in a professional maner, not me having to run around to other sources to find someone else to make it right.

And that my friend is something to get worked up over. Wink

[+] 1 user Likes War Horse's post
20-03-2014, 12:25 AM (This post was last modified: 20-03-2014 12:34 AM by Free Thought.)
I am disgruntled!

After arriving a day late at the store, I was able to get my new hard drive, which my mother dropped off for me.

However, she forgot to bring the Windows installation disk with her. I ask you, how am I to use my laptop with now functioning hard drive without an operating system...

So I'm going to have to wait until I get to my mother's house for the weekend before I can set up my laptop. As such, I am disgruntled; not really angry or upset, just somewhat disgruntled.
Plus I now have a non-functioning hard drive I need to get rid off. Any suggestions?

Oh, also I have a history assignment which I have been dreading; 'Historical Empathy'. Essentially I have to adopt the persona of a person from a specific place and time (in the case Pre-rev Russia) and write as if I am them to show empathy for people of the time and their opinions. I don't wanna do this! I do not like this type of work, my final product will be bad and I will feel bad about it.

Now if you excuse me, I have to begrudgingly write...

20-03-2014, 05:58 AM
Here's a fun fact for ya, a 23 year old is the current world chess champion. A Viking too.
Fucking chess prodigies.. making the rest of us that only have a mild amount of natural ability for the game and have had to have developed it upon years of casual game play, playing a game here and there a couple times every couple of months, look bad.

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 2 users Like earmuffs's post
20-03-2014, 07:10 AM
(20-03-2014 12:25 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  I am disgruntled!

After arriving a day late at the store, I was able to get my new hard drive, which my mother dropped off for me.

However, she forgot to bring the Windows installation disk with her. I ask you, how am I to use my laptop with now functioning hard drive without an operating system...

So I'm going to have to wait until I get to my mother's house for the weekend before I can set up my laptop. As such, I am disgruntled; not really angry or upset, just somewhat disgruntled.
Plus I now have a non-functioning hard drive I need to get rid off. Any suggestions?

Oh, also I have a history assignment which I have been dreading; 'Historical Empathy'. Essentially I have to adopt the persona of a person from a specific place and time (in the case Pre-rev Russia) and write as if I am them to show empathy for people of the time and their opinions. I don't wanna do this! I do not like this type of work, my final product will be bad and I will feel bad about it.

Now if you excuse me, I have to begrudgingly write...

Or you could use one of the tools or services available to clone your old disk contents (including the OS, including making it bootable, including all your apps and data) onto the new one. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
20-03-2014, 07:13 AM
(20-03-2014 05:58 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Here's a fun fact for ya, a 23 year old is the current world chess champion. A Viking too.
Fucking chess prodigies.. making the rest of us that only have a mild amount of natural ability for the game and have had to have developed it upon years of casual game play, playing a game here and there a couple times every couple of months, look bad.

But you can't deny that Magnus looks rather badass these days...

[Image: 960x.jpg]

[Image: 20cad83ad8d757191e2878b0f4bf05a9.png]
"Don't answer that. A rhetorical question."
[+] 1 user Likes ELK12695's post