Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
20-03-2014, 10:36 AM
RE: Ranting corner
He's 23 yet he looks like he's in his 40's.
I guess that makes chess the third thing that will do that to ya along with meth and marriage being the other two.

[Image: oscar.png]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
20-03-2014, 12:38 PM
(20-03-2014 10:36 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  He's 23 yet he looks like he's in his 40's.
I guess that makes chess the third thing that will do that to ya along with meth and marriage being the other two.

No shit ?

I'm gonna have to try some meth....... maybe I'll look like 40 again ! Smartass

If bullshit were music some people would be a brass band.
[+] 2 users Like War Horse's post
20-03-2014, 01:59 PM
Drinking game with Fox news, extremist zealots, or internet trolls?

The word "suicide" is repeating itself in my head now. Please excuse me for not catching the trend.
20-03-2014, 02:12 PM
(20-03-2014 07:10 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(20-03-2014 12:25 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  I am disgruntled!

After arriving a day late at the store, I was able to get my new hard drive, which my mother dropped off for me.

However, she forgot to bring the Windows installation disk with her. I ask you, how am I to use my laptop with now functioning hard drive without an operating system...

So I'm going to have to wait until I get to my mother's house for the weekend before I can set up my laptop. As such, I am disgruntled; not really angry or upset, just somewhat disgruntled.
Plus I now have a non-functioning hard drive I need to get rid off. Any suggestions?

Oh, also I have a history assignment which I have been dreading; 'Historical Empathy'. Essentially I have to adopt the persona of a person from a specific place and time (in the case Pre-rev Russia) and write as if I am them to show empathy for people of the time and their opinions. I don't wanna do this! I do not like this type of work, my final product will be bad and I will feel bad about it.

Now if you excuse me, I have to begrudgingly write...

Or you could use one of the tools or services available to clone your old disk contents (including the OS, including making it bootable, including all your apps and data) onto the new one. Drinking Beverage

Considering that my old disk's partition containing all of those files malfunctioned rendering it completely useless and totally inaccessible, making this whole exercise necessary in the first place...

I'm going to put my money on 'not going to work', Chas.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
20-03-2014, 02:24 PM
Omfg...Someone beat me.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

20-03-2014, 03:25 PM
(19-03-2014 03:41 AM)War Horse Wrote:  My car came out looking like shit, professional painter my ass....plus he made it worse because the fuck doesnt know how to wet sand and buff a car. Angry

Sigh..... guess I get to waste a day or two finding someone to make this right. Sadcryface

Just pisses me off that people are such big talkers and cant back it up. Dodgy

I'd be pissed too, but lemme guess what happened...

Your clear coat was pealing, you wanted it fixed, but didn't want to pay to have it completely stripped, primed and painted. Your dude feathered the problematic areas and shot it with another layer of clear coat, but now it still looks like shit. Am I right, or close? If not then correct me.

20-03-2014, 03:56 PM
(20-03-2014 03:25 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  I'd be pissed too, but lemme guess what happened...

Your clear coat was pealing, you wanted it fixed, but didn't want to pay to have it completely stripped, primed and painted. Your dude feathered the problematic areas and shot it with another layer of clear coat, but now it still looks like shit. Am I right, or close? If not then correct me.

Nope, yer wrong...... I wanted the entire top of the car stripped, which he did.

The entire top of the car got repainted and clear coated, from the body line up, money wasnt an object for this project.

The sides, from the body line down were still perfect, so having the entire car painted wasnt necessary.

What happened is that he got in a hurry and shot the car in a high humidity time and the clear coat was a bit milky.

Now that wouldnt have been the end of the world, all he had to do was wet sand the paint and buff it out.... but instead, he had a kid helper just use rubbing compound and a wrong buffing pad, which left a horrible mess.

I didnt cheap out, and remember I've been an 'A' mechanic for over 30 years and have had many show bikes and cars.... so I have a good handle on what it takes to do the job, and have back then, done some painting myself (tho not great, but way better than this.

I've taken some pics and will post them on that thread I started "Post your hot ride".

I need to move them into PB, and you can judge for yourself.

20-03-2014, 04:11 PM
Ah, well then I'd make the piece of shit do it right. Me? I'm a shit painter....no, worse than shit. I wish I was a shit painter, but I have some idea of what I'm looking for. My little sister on the other hand is an excellent painter. For smaller stuff, and cheaper stuff I just take it to her. I need to have a considerable amount of body work done to my truck to make it look good, and may look at doing something with it next year, not that it's worth it to have it done, but I'm fond of my little pickup.

This year I am putting my money into something I've wanted for a decade, but have never been able to get. A bike! I've never ridden before, but I've been dying to. I plan on taking the MSF course in a couple of months and looking to buy a small 250 to get started on sooner rather than later.

Good luck on getting you car done right!

20-03-2014, 04:37 PM
(20-03-2014 04:11 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  Ah, well then I'd make the piece of shit do it right. Me? I'm a shit painter....no, worse than shit. I wish I was a shit painter, but I have some idea of what I'm looking for. My little sister on the other hand is an excellent painter. For smaller stuff, and cheaper stuff I just take it to her. I need to have a considerable amount of body work done to my truck to make it look good, and may look at doing something with it next year, not that it's worth it to have it done, but I'm fond of my little pickup.

This year I am putting my money into something I've wanted for a decade, but have never been able to get. A bike! I've never ridden before, but I've been dying to. I plan on taking the MSF course in a couple of months and looking to buy a small 250 to get started on sooner rather than later.

Good luck on getting you car done right!

A 250 is a good choice for a starter bike, just dont go to big to fast.

I'm gonna post some pics in the other thread, since it died out anyway and come back to give a link.

20-03-2014, 04:48 PM
DL, heres the link, bottom of the page.

http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...pid=524111